Chingers
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chingers

Chingers

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:19 am

Bored of bolognaise and the usual stuff for the kids. Anyone got any ideas? Eldest is 8 and will eat most things but certain veg needs to be hidden.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:22 am

Pasties bhey !!
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:52 am

Trouble is I can't make a pasty and there's no gooduns round here. Tesco hot cabinet is about the best....!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 11:02 am

Doesn't Colin ever invite you around for a dinner pot noodle and pizza party ?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 11:02 am

Bacon super noodles and meatballs. A staple diet for my young'uns.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 11:23 am

I've been in Colin's once. Gladly I got out alive but I'll never step foot in there again....
Back to top Go down

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:19 pm

If you have a slow cooker make a hearty broth. I've got one on the go Now.

All you need is the carcass of a chicken, leftover from a roast and chicken curry, a big onion, garlic, chicken stock cubes, dry soup mix which has soaked overnight in cold water, potatoes and any other veg you have.

It pretty much cooks away by itself and you just add salt, pepper and a bit of mixed herbs and towards the end remove the bones and skin from the chicken.

Don't blitz it up like the fannys on tv just have it with crusty bread. Delicious, cheap and a piece of piss to cook. It simmers away for hours while you crack open beer after beer.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:45 pm

Cheers GJ, liking your style. No leftover chicken so I'll dump some breast in.
Back to top Go down

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:47 pm

Is a full english out the question then?
Back to top Go down

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:48 pm

You'll just need more chicken stock then Chingers. It's perfect for cold dark evenings too.
Back to top Go down

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Pork pie.

And if you want to make it a hearty meal - add a lump of cheddar and some home-made pickled onions.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:17 pm

Got the broth on the go. Looking forward to it.....
Back to top Go down

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:18 pm

What Jock says or some chinese, real quick and easy to do a stir fry or chow mien. Chicken cut up small, dust with cornflour and five spice, fry in wok or large saucepan, add some spring onion then pepper, ginger and garlic, chilli, throw in the noodles or rice, soy sauce to season and serve. Takes fifteen minutes to cook with rice or ten with noodles.
Chilli wraps with tortillas is another good one, beef chilli, heat wraps in grill, mayo, salad or homemade cole slaw and serve. Can also be done with spicy pork or chicken.
Or Chicken thighs covered with curry powder or paprika or similar spice, roasted in the oven at the same time as potato wedges, onions, tomatoes, herbs and olive oil.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:26 pm

Chinese idea is good. It's so easy I know but sometimes you just can't think what to cook. I've done wraps and they love them. Nothing like a bit of home made slaw too....
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 3:03 pm

Iggy wrote:
What Jock says or some chinese, real quick and easy to do a stir fry or chow mien. Chicken cut up small, dust with cornflour and five spice, fry in wok or large saucepan, add some spring onion then pepper, ginger and garlic, chilli, throw in the noodles or rice, soy sauce to season and serve. Takes fifteen minutes to cook with rice or ten with noodles.
Chilli wraps with tortillas is another good one, beef chilli, heat wraps in grill, mayo, salad or homemade cole slaw and serve. Can also be done with spicy pork or chicken.
Or Chicken thighs covered with curry powder or paprika or similar spice, roasted in the oven at the same time as potato wedges, onions, tomatoes, herbs and olive oil.
Ever tried substituting some Soy sauce for Oyster sauce Iggs??

Gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 3:58 pm

Hog Roast pig
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 4:14 pm

Just make a good old fashioned stew.

Also, don't throw away old chicken bones. Freeze them and when you have enough make a stock. You can freeze that too!

Pasties are easy to make. You can buy the pastry ready made if you want to.

Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 4:21 pm

Gonna defo give the pasty a go. My mum brought some up last weekend so that was a right touch.
Chicken broth has been on for two hours now and is tasting deeeelightful. Just gave the kids theirs as they have to go to cubs but I've thrown it back in the over to stew away.
Back to top Go down

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 4:42 pm

Chingers wrote:
Gonna defo give the pasty a go.  My mum brought some up last weekend so that was a right touch.
Chicken broth has been on for two hours now and is tasting deeeelightful.  Just gave the kids theirs as they have to go to cubs but I've thrown it back in the over to stew away.
Mine's been on the go since 9am and the whole house smells of it Razz  Tis a beautiful smell though and everyone is ravenous but have to wait for the bread my missus is making to go with it Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 6:15 pm

Just had mine. Only on for 4 hours, but still pretty darn good..... The kids loved it! Tommorrow, Chinese, Iggy style.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 6:16 pm

This website rocks.
Back to top Go down

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 6:21 pm

All
Tastes
Delicious
Back to top Go down

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:31 pm

Chingers wrote:
Just had mine.  Only on for 4 hours, but still pretty darn good.....  The kids loved it!  Tommorrow, Chinese, Iggy style.
cheers  One big happy family. Ya bunch of cnuts Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:45 pm

A
Terrific
Dessert
?
Back to top Go down

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 8:30 pm

Apple
Tart
Darling Wink 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ideas for dinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for dinner   Ideas for dinner Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas for dinner
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next