Czarcasm
Tringreen
VillageGreen
seadog
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Happy Argyle Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:19 pm

Too much grumbling on here.

What positive things are there about the good ship Mayflower [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm looking forward to Portsmouth as they're bringing down over 1,000 away fans. It should be noisy and it's often very quiet what with the usual 17 away fans. That'll be good. And, it's on the telly. We don't get on the telly much. I'm recording it just in case we score.

Our pitch is pretty nice - it's in good nick.

Tyler Harvey?

I'm struggling a bit now but I bet you cheery dudes will fill this thread with good things.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:35 pm

Any chance of a torrent/ dropbox for us busy skyless workers?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:37 pm

hairy j wrote:
Too much grumbling on here.

What positive things are there about the good ship Mayflower [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm looking forward to Portsmouth as they're bringing down over 1,000 away fans. It should be noisy and it's often very quiet what with the usual 17 away fans. That'll be good. And, it's on the telly. We don't get on the telly much. I'm recording it just in case we score.

Our pitch is pretty nice - it's in good nick.

Tyler Harvey?

I'm struggling a bit now but I bet you cheery dudes will fill this thread with good things.

I admire your enthusiasm....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 6:04 pm

The Cherry Tree is just along the road with good company. (But since they stopped doing proper ale it's not so interesting).

If it's a nice day then a walk in the park is pleasant before or after the game. (Though as winter is coming fast there won't be so many nice days and the clocks go back soon so a walk after the match isn't such a good idea.)

The pitch is excellent. (Though one tires of watching grass grow after a while.)

Tyler Harvey? (?)

The pasties are ok. (...ish)

If you take a good pair of binoculars you can get a close up of the Babes doing their thing on the pitch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 6:32 pm

seadog wrote:
Any chance of a torrent/ dropbox for us busy skyless workers?
Sorry I don't work on Saturday and sorry I have Sky Sports. I apologise.

A right cheery bunch.

I like sitting where I do as sensible brings wine gums for every one and there's a right grumpy old git in front of me who utterly hates Hourihane - he's comedy gold to wind up. There's a bloke behind me though who shouts 'switch it' a lot; I don't enjoy that and he wears tracksuit bottoms.

Another good thing is semper whatsit - nice tune that.

I sometimes see Webby down the Zoo corner end queueing for a pie - he has a nice face.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 6:50 pm

The sun is shining and on Saturday I'll find a palm tree to sit beneath on the edge of the beach. No doubt I'll happily nod off, dreaming of pasties and real ale.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
For those of you attending the hallowed sward, I wish you well. No doubt the fanfest will be amusing, the murals inspiring, the drummer compelling and the cheerleaders uplifting.
Have a lovely time and don't worry about the result. It's only a game . Keep a sense of perspective.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 6:53 pm

The pasties actually are nice.

Harvey may turn out to be a good'un.

But The Cherry Tree is a truly shit pub, with an even shitter 'Carvery'.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 6:59 pm

Positive factor for me on Saturday-i'm playing golf and not going to Home park.Unthinkable a year or two ago but just couldn't really give a toss any more.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:04 pm

Why is the link to this thread green? Or am I pissed already by 7.05pm?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:22 pm

LondonGreen wrote:
Why is the link to this thread green? Or am I pissed already by 7.05pm?

It's probably been geekified by happy hairy.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:43 pm

I'm happy cos I'm not going Saturday
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:46 pm

I do wonder if a boycott may awaken Brent to the fact that he owns a football club, even if it's not an organised thing.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:09 pm

Matchday is an such an awful experience now completely bereft of any enjoyment whatsoever I think a mass boycott would be quite easy to organise. It's not like anyone's going to miss out on a spectacular performance or anything as the players aren't capable of anything other than playing shit and losing. OK the spotty gimps of forza merde and the superfans would never boycott as they support brent not Argyle but the remaining normal fans would happily stay away.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:33 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Positive factor for me on Saturday-i'm playing golf and not going to Home park.Unthinkable a year or two ago but just couldn't really give a toss any more.
Me too. I may get home in time to see the last half hour or so, but not that bothered.

How did it come to this?

(pinched that from Return of the King, but I'm sure JRR won't mind)
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:47 pm

Fooking Sauron, Saruman and the all seeing eye of Mordor fookin have a lot to fookin answer for the fookin throbbing bellsniffs
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:18 pm

I wont be there thank god, i have well and truly voted with my feet this season.
Every-time i listen to the games on-line and see the self promoting sycophants the next day gloating in their self imagined fame over on Greens on screen it re-enforces my conscience that i have made the right decision in my policy of non-attendance.
fwiw i think Argyle will witness its lowest crowd of the season on Saturday, even with 1,000 plus noisy Pompey fans...showing the Country live on television what the scumbag banker has done to PAFC without Pasoti censorship cannot be a bad thing, and if it results in a thumping ....all the more reason.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:19 pm

looking forward to watching argyle for the 1st time this season.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:46 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Fooking Sauron, Saruman and the all seeing eye of Mordor fookin have a lot to fookin answer for the fookin throbbing bellsniffs
Dark have been my dreams of late.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Boycott??????? None of you go now and nobody has noticed. At least the tutting has gone down in volume in your absence. Oh, and they don't sell out of pasties.

Hairy forgot the shout "Ee don't wan it"
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:53 pm

boycott - not the right thing to go
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 10:00 pm

Why have you stolen my Facebook picture Dane you utter weirdo. It's better looking than you but it's a pretty weird thing to do. I'm going to complain about that to the mods in a few months.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:32 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Frodo's ring is the key!
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 6:15 am

I will be going as usual and sitting in my normal seat. I will be happy on saturday if webb, hairy and sensi stay down near zoo corner Very Happy

Some of us from this site do still go sensi tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 6:32 am

We're up the Spion end bhey. I go down the other end for a stroll sometimes at half time.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 6:48 am

Avivas and their money...............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Argyle Thread   The Happy Argyle Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Happy Argyle Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next