Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey?

Go down 
+2
Han Solos Other Ship
Chingers
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey? Empty
PostSubject: Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey?   Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey? EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:57 am

When we played Pompey in the League Cup last year we were supposed to be splitting the fansfest takings with the Pompey Fans Trust I believe and apparently the PST never received the money?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey?   Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey? EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 10:28 am

If they're going to smash up the high street can I recommend Union Street that could do with overhaul.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey?   Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey? EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 10:42 am

"Lets scare non football fans doing their weekly shop in the City Centre"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey?   Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey? EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:02 am

Didn't sing Play Up Pompey either
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey?   Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey? EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 12:52 pm

If thats true then its absolutely disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey?   Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey? EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:03 pm

WTF would we give them any money ffs
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Old Timer

PostSubject: Re: Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey?   Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey? EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 1:36 am

The fanfests are run by the Green Taveners not Argyle. Anyway why would any money go to Portsmouth ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey?   Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey? EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 7:30 am

I think it was before we played them in the League cup at the start of last season, the one when they sent the youth team down.
It was highly publicised by the usual suspects on Pasoti at the time that they were doing a whip-round for the Pompey fans trust and that the said dosh would be handed over to the PFT an the Aviva-fest before the game. A sum was raised...how much i have no idea.
If they failed to hand over the loot no-matter how small the amount was then that is simply disgraceful.
The whole exercise seemingly was to once again shout from the highest rooftops,massage own egos and indulge in yet more self promotion.
What a mess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey?   Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey? EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 10:23 am

Yep solidarity with another team in admin. the reasonable explanation is that when Porky realised the Trust wasn't his plaything and was run by people not sheeple he cut them loose as the dangerous body of people it is, Pompey probably got tarred with the same brush, probably Damons fault.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey?   Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey? EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 10:27 am

punchdrunk wrote:
I think it was before we played them in the League cup at the start of last season, the one when they sent the youth team down.
It was highly publicised by the usual suspects on Pasoti at the time that they were doing a whip-round for the Pompey fans trust and that the said dosh would be handed over to the PFT an the Aviva-fest before the game. A sum was raised...how much i have no idea.
If they failed to hand over the loot no-matter how small the amount was then that is simply disgraceful.
The whole exercise seemingly was to once again shout from the highest rooftops,massage own egos and indulge in yet more self promotion.
What a mess.
I remember this aswell and chris wanting us all to sing play up pompy aswell.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey?   Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey? EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 3:02 pm

Angry wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
What a mess.
I remember this aswell and chris wanting us all to sing play up pompy aswell.
what a tit webb is

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey?   Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey? EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 8:28 pm

ill thought out idea, no argyle fan (for more than 5 mins) would have thought of such a STUPID IDEA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey?   Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey? EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 8:57 am

So the AFT are looking into whether the promised 50% of the fanfest money did get given to the Pompey Trust.

In the Pasoti thread about the same thing X-Isle has once again shown what an utter pillock he is by going on about Pompey's previous over-spending. That's not the issue here Dickbrain, the issue is that the newly formed fans Trust were promised 50% of the money rightly or wrongly, and anyway what if all the other clubs around the country had the same attitude as you when we were in the shit?

X-Isle cannot be for real surely? Nobody is that irritating and pompous unless it's an act are they?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey?   Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey? EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 9:17 am

If this is correct then it's an absolute disgrace!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey?   Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey? EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 9:26 am

add it to the list mate!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey?   Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey? EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 10:08 am

Greenjock wrote:
So the AFT are looking into whether the promised 50% of the fanfest money did get given to the Pompey Trust.

In the Pasoti thread about the same thing X-Isle has once again shown what an utter pillock he is by going on about Pompey's previous over-spending. That's not the issue here Dickbrain, the issue is that the newly formed fans Trust were promised 50% of the money rightly or wrongly, and anyway what if all the other clubs around the country had the same attitude as you when we were in the shit?

X-Isle cannot be for real surely? Nobody is that irritating and pompous unless it's an act are they?

X throbber is total bellend amongst bellends, i thought he would be going to his first match of the season to be in the trenches with his hero General speccy jim.

Last edited by Sufferedsince68 on Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey?   Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey? EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 10:23 am

Not many of us will have any time for Pompey but if you make promises you have to stick to it or risk losing the trust of pretty much all football fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey?   Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey? EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 10:29 am

GOB wrote:
Not many of us will have any time for Pompey but if you make promises you have to stick to it or risk losing the trust of pretty much all football fans.
Zackly gob, if the great blokes owe them money they should hand it over now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey?   Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey? EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 2:48 pm

So did they cough up the loot or as i suspected the whole thing was a stage managed points scoring exercise by the king of self promotion.
?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey?   Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did Argyle not give the promised fansfest money to Pompey?
Page 1 of 1