Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful

Go down 
+10
RegGreen
Sir Francis Drake
tigertony
sufferedsince 68
Earwegoagain
akagreengull
Punchdrunk
Les Miserable
Jethro
harvetheslayer
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful Empty
PostSubject: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 9:58 pm

Danny Salman via brents herald wrote:
Reading the comments from Plymouth Argyle chairman James Brent on the funding of Derek Adams’ first team, I found it interesting to read the thoughts of someone talking about what he feels you can and can’t do with regards to money.

Yes, money does not guarantee success. But to think that you can always find very average players and make them into footballers and football teams is a little bit naïve. You only have to look at the Premier League, or even League One with Blackburn and Wigan, to see that the top teams are generally the biggest spenders and having a bigger budget certainly helps.

I think that managers can improve players and create a positive environment for the team and make them very competitive, but if you look at the averages, the teams that spend money are generally more successful.

I am not advocating that Argyle spend way beyond their means, but if you have a pool of players in League One and Two, and pool one is full of those players that can score 20 goals a season, or create lots of chances and they are wanted by a lot of teams, then having those players in your team is better than those with a question mark against their name.

If we are having to pick from pools two or three, and not pool one, then we are less likely to find those players that can improve you, make you a batter team and make you more successful.

I agree to the point where you can’t spend way beyond your means, but you need to have some forward-thinking. And if you feel that the manager is a good manager and he has done very, very well with the limited funds that he has got, then maybe it’s a reason to give him a little bit more money and see what he can do with better quality players.

We had a good run in the FA Cup with the Liverpool game, with the selling of ben Purrington, with the Curtis nelson money and you’d like to think some of that money will be spent on adding to the budget that he has already got to bring in a better quality of player, or keeping the better players we have got at Plymouth Argyle.

I am not saying we could have spent the money received for Jake Jervis because it was so late in the window, but we could have pre-empted that would happen and brought someone in using the money we were getting for Jake Jervis.

I am not sure how quick the deal went through, or how late it was, but I do think we need to support Derek Adams. He has done a terrific job here with what he’s had and turned round the first bad spell as Argyle manager and we are looking a strong outfit again. If you give him some money, then it has to be now - if we want to move forward and progress as a club.

There has to be some give and take and if the chairman feels that Derek Adams is the right man for the job, then he needs more support.

I think Derek Adams will now be looking towards next season and looking at the players he wants to keep and the type of players that he wants to bring in to the football club, so he can kick on and give it more of a push next season and try and get into the Championship. It will be easier to do that if he had a bigger budget.

I am not saying we should get ourselves into debt again by any stretch of the imagination, but I do feel we don’t want to be in a status quo where we are bumbling along hoping to get into the play-offs, and buying average players, hoping that Derek Adams can turn them into gems.
Back to top Go down

James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 9:59 pm

the dogs of wor have been despatched and the stupid idiots are trying to disagree and back that shyster.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 10:00 pm

That will be the last piece Danny writes for Brents rag
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 11:27 pm

The stickers must be working then, seen quite a few in town today
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 11:30 pm

No flies on Salman.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 8:16 am

Les Miserable wrote:
No flies on Salman.

There never has been.

Not surprising that he isnt popular with the farmyard animals.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 8:37 am

Jethro wrote:

More going up tomorow.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 10:40 am

akagreengull wrote:
Jethro wrote:

More going up tomorow.

Excellent news who ever it is doing the stickering your doing a great job.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 10:50 am

It's so bleedin obvious what Brent is up to even Salman is driven to saying it in the Brent rag, how people cannot see what Brent is up to is beyond me. The reluctant bidder/owner/spender has no interest in investment for footballing success.
Because it will mean him utilising monies that have come into the club, which he has clearly said on numerous occasions HE WILL NOT DO because his agenda is to keep it all ticking over, to make a steady income knowing the eternally grateful will continue to turn up.
Interesting Salman mentions the Purrington and Nelson money, add to that of course the Wembley money, Liverpool money and the Jervis money, with Adams coming out saying he will be looking at free agents for the rest of the season as he has done ALL season it all adds up to one big Brent rip off.
Let the feckless feckers have the kind of non investing club they deserve, as they rattle the buckets and tug their forelock to Lord Jim.
THE BRENTMARE CONTINUES :Suicide:
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 11:16 am

Whilst we may continue to overachive it's just as likely that we will follow the budget down the other way in a minute. Maybe that's what it will take to get rid of Potter and the wor pigs.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 4:56 pm

Where's the money going Transparent Jimmy?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 11:10 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Where's the money going Transparent Jimmy?

It would be a start if he showed and proved that the Jervis fee has gone into the team,
Not the club because we know that gets washed around all his other ventures so its unclear where the funds go.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 11:22 am

Is Salman paid to repeat what has been said many many times by others? He has never managed or owned a club so I don't really rate his opinion anyway. It's a bit like Shearer or Lawrenson saying what a certain manager needs to do .. blah .. blah .. when neither have been successful managers. I'd rather read what you lot say than Salman.study
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 11:26 am

I have some sympathy with the Jervis money being unspent because of how late the transfer happened.

Quite why we hadn't already used some of that Liverpool etc money to get a replacement in before he left, giving that we had known he was off for months, is beyond me though and the Jervis fee would have paid it back.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 11:47 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I have some sympathy with the Jervis money being unspent because of how late the transfer happened.

Quite why we hadn't already used some of that Liverpool etc money to get a replacement in before he left, giving that we had known he was off for months, is beyond me though and the Jervis fee would have paid it back.

Problem is with his accounts you can't prove any of the money hasn't gone into any of his other ventures instead of the club,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 12:18 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

all spent on a fence wasnt it. Shocked
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 12:21 pm

And a sexy new water tank..dont forget that
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 4:27 pm

RegGreen wrote:
And a sexy new water tank..dont forget that

hope thats water in the tank and not his fan club jizzing into it laugh
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 4:40 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
No flies on Salman.

There never has been.

Not surprising that he isnt popular with the farmyard animals.
Salman was a good pro for many years, he knows Brent is doing nothing at the Brentihad, and fighting relegation back to the basement is all thats on offer.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 5:13 pm

tigertony wrote:
Is Salman paid to repeat what has been said many many times by others? He has never managed or owned a club so I don't really rate his opinion anyway. It's a bit like Shearer or Lawrenson saying what a certain manager needs to do .. blah .. blah .. when neither have been successful managers. I'd rather read what you lot say than Salman.study  
If Salman said he loved Jimmy and backed Jimmy, all the way you and your fellow tuggers would be Happy clapping him for the rest of the season, Salman speaks the truth and the Jimmy fan club dont like it. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 6:01 pm

For Christ sake don't give DA more money, he will only waste it on footballers.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 6:05 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
tigertony wrote:
If Salman said he loved Jimmy and backed Jimmy, all the way you and your fellow tuggers would be Happy clapping him for the rest of the season, Salman speaks the truth and the Jimmy fan club dont like it. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
I'm not a tugger Suffers. I can take him or leave him but I have always said that Salman just repeats what others have said and his articles are always bland. I really do enjoy reading ATD more than his articles .. even your posts Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 6:20 pm

I sort of agree for once. Salman seems to be taking up a whole page to almost say Brent's tight. Spit it out, it won't harm you. He's on the make.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 6:38 pm

beesrus wrote:
I sort of agree for once. Salman seems to be taking up a whole page to almost say Brent's tight. Spit it out, it won't harm you. He's on the make.

What are the chances of it getting past the Sports Editor and actually making it to print, were Salman to try?

In terms of critical journalism, this is about as radical as you're ever likely to get from a Herald piece.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 6:46 pm

I like salman a little bit more now knowing they dont like him down the on the farm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful   James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful Empty

Back to top Go down

James Brent must give Derek Adams money if he wants Plymouth Argyle to be successful
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next