mouldyoldgoat
Czarcasm
Mock Cuncher
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
hippo

Co-Op Report - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:42 pm

Meanwhile, in hippoland, I had a crap nights sleep due to various cats barfing and shitting all over the place. Decided to visit the bar this evening to work towards a slightly tiddly nights sleep.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:43 pm

hippo wrote:
Meanwhile, in hippoland, I had a crap nights sleep due to various cats barfing and shitting all over the place. Decided to visit the bar this evening to work towards a slightly tiddly nights sleep.
D oh, wrong thread!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:23 am

hippo wrote:
hippo wrote:
Meanwhile, in hippoland, I had a crap nights sleep due to various cats barfing and shitting all over the place.  Decided to visit the bar this evening to work towards a slightly tiddly nights sleep.
D oh, wrong thread!
lol! As long as it was near an old cinimea, it can stay on this thread.Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 4:54 pm

Or an old shop, or an old swimming pool, or an old theatre:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 4:55 pm

My mum took me to see Max Wall there.

(I was quite young, and he was very old. But very, very funny.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:00 pm

I remember Mum taking me to a panto there, she wanted me to go up on the stage and do the follow the dot singing thing, fok that I said!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:31 pm

We used to get taken to the panto every year by my dad's work - don't know if it was the social club, the unions or a joint thing, but we used to get loads of trips. People are stunned when they hear that that used to be pretty much the norm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:40 pm

I did a couple of night's work in the Hoe Theatre. Some musical or other. What the audience didn't know is that behind the scenery were a load of stage-hands desperately holding onto it to stop it wobbling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:50 pm

First co-op check-out girls, Rochdale 1844
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 6:42 pm

My Gran used to take me and my brother and sister to the panto at the Old Palace Theatre.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 6:50 pm

Been to the Hoe Theatre with Tecalemit trips plenty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 6:56 pm

Remember that, when companies put on Christmas parties for employees kids?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:09 pm

I used to sing in talent contests at the Hoe Summer Theatre [Marquee version] in the 50's......... gimme the moonlight........

Saw Frankie Vaughan at the Odeon and won the Embassy Cup at the bingo hall across from the Brit.......... still got it.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:20 pm

GOB wrote:
Remember that, when companies put on Christmas parties for employees kids?
And trips to the seaside (with spending money) in the summer sunny 
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:22 pm

I remember being taken to the Hoe Theatre to see Godspell when I was a nipper. This show (below) was a little before my time tho'...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 12:14 pm

That's why my mum is ever so slightly homophobic, because "they" have bastardised our language. I have tried talking sense to her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 2:30 pm

English is the most bastardized language and evolves the quickest. 

just fought I wood menchon fat and ime shor tring wil agrea;
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 11:50 am

GOB wrote:
English is the most bastardized language and evolves the quickest. 

just fought I wood menchon fat and ime shor tring wil agrea;
Fore shore Gob.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 6:03 pm

This place seems a long, long time ago...........

When you gotta a problem, who ya gonna call? Post-busters! aka The Mods.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 6:04 pm

Jesus H christ. How do I make the images smaller? I think Peggy said there was some way of changing the image size before posting? Help!

Last edited by Jello on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 9:27 pm

Right. Listen carefully, now.

When you post a picture you click on the little picture thingy up the top - the one that says 'insert image' when you hover the mouse over it.

When you click it, a little window thingy opens, with several (well three) boxes in it. The top one is where you paste the URL of the photo. The other two say 'width' and 'height' - both are marked optional. Type in some numbers (300 in each is a good place to start), click 'insert', then use the preview button at the bottom to see what your post will look like. If the photo's come out too small, make the numbers bigger - and if it's too big, make them smaller: you can fiddle with them in the reply box.

Easy Cool 

Note: I think there's also a way to do this when you use the host an image thingy, but I can't remember. Oh - and 'thingy' is a technical term.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 10:40 pm

Easy? I'd rather put up a timber framed house than do all that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 7:08 am

Peggy wrote:
Right. Listen carefully, now.

When you post a picture you click on the little picture thingy up the top - the one that says 'insert image' when you hover the mouse over it.

When you click it, a little window thingy opens, with several (well three) boxes in it. The top one is where you paste the URL of the photo. The other two say 'width' and 'height' - both are marked optional. Type in some numbers (300 in each is a good place to start), click 'insert', then use the preview button at the bottom to see what your post will look like. If the photo's come out too small, make the numbers bigger - and if it's too big, make them smaller: you can fiddle with them in the reply box.

Easy Cool 

Note: I think there's also a way to do this when you use the host an image thingy, but I can't remember. Oh - and 'thingy' is a technical term.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Co-Op Report   Co-Op Report - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Co-Op Report
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4