Accy must fancy their chances

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Accy must fancy their chances Empty
PostSubject: Accy must fancy their chances   Accy must fancy their chances EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 3:48 pm

Of gaining their first  league win of the season given :
a)we have not so far put in one excellent performance away or at home.
b)only scored 1 goal in the last 3 league games and conceded 4.
c)Possession, passing, defending, fluid play, quality of corners and balls into the box and last but not least scoring are all problem areas.
d)tatics/team selection questionable.
As we all know from every season that passes Argyle have a poor record against bottom teams, so although Accy have had a poor start to the season over the first eight games - comparable to Peter Reid's reign at Home Park they must be confident they can change it this Saturday.
For me as a fan I really have no confidence we can win at home Saturday against the bottom team, certainly having witnessed two of the worst Argyle performances in recent years against Fleetwood and Wycombe.
Hey ho - just hope I am proved totally wrong.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Accy must fancy their chances   Accy must fancy their chances EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 5:04 pm

I think Argyle will win 4-0. They need to make the Accy game count and get their act together...I believe they will do this too..
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Accy must fancy their chances   Accy must fancy their chances EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 7:39 pm

One thing is certain is we will be ultra shit.....again. Like all the other matches, the result will completely depend how badly the opposition play. If Accy are staggeringly bad on the day, then maybe we can scrape a draw or maybe even a narrow 1-0 win. If Accy have a good day at the office then we're f***ed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accy must fancy their chances   Accy must fancy their chances EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 8:00 pm

Freathy wrote:
One thing is certain is we will be ultra shit.....again.  Like all the other matches, the result will completely depend how badly the opposition play.  If Accy are staggeringly bad on the day, then maybe we can scrape a draw or maybe even a narrow 1-0 win.  If Accy have a good day at the office then we're f***ed!
Every thing you say freathy is sadly true, this team of serial losers will freeze and get turned over by the northern giants, if they do lose i would not be suprised to see shezza walk out of total frustration at what he's aloud to sign, not that winning or losing bothers jimmy he's got the planning permission he wanted in the bag! lose this match and this nightmare will end in relegation.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Accy must fancy their chances   Accy must fancy their chances EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 10:43 pm

they maybe bottom but they have played the 'bigger' sides in the division.
was going to have £20 on a home win maybe not now affraid 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accy must fancy their chances   Accy must fancy their chances EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 10:52 pm

Oh come on now. Pretty much all football in this league is crap along with pretty much all teams. When people say "they played well today" what that means is they won and were less crap than the opposition. Much the same as all fans of all league 2 clubs say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accy must fancy their chances   Accy must fancy their chances EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 9:14 am

No names but I had a chat with a couple of ex coaches yesterday and was told that Sheridan has a budget that is ridiculously low even for the lowest division. That the players that Sheridan has brought in wanted to come to Argyle simply because they were not wanted at any other league club (one of them had trials with three other clubs in the same division and was turned down by all three) and that Sheridan is a great manager and very determined but hasn't got a chance with Argyle.

Their prediction, anything other than relegation will be a big pat on the back for Sheridan and as one said it he shook his head and went on to say "Argyle are finished".

After all that the Club has been through and all the words and nonsense, hearing that from him finally really brought home the reality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accy must fancy their chances   Accy must fancy their chances EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 1:02 pm

I'm surprised it took you that long
We have seen what is on offer from the past seasons and the calibre of player that has been signed. I am not being purposely derogatory to them but they do not even seem to be able to do the so called basic things football related. This in turn has pointed out that the budget is not there compared to the so called 55%, correct me if i am wrong, of gate receipts (or turnover, whichever one it is) that is allowed under the football league rules, even tho our average attendance is higher than most teams in the division.
I also predicted that for some a good season will mean just being in a higher finishing league position than last season
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accy must fancy their chances   Accy must fancy their chances EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 7:28 pm

GOB wrote:
No names but I had a chat with a couple of ex coaches yesterday and was told that Sheridan has a budget that is ridiculously low even for the lowest division. That the players that Sheridan has brought in wanted to come to Argyle simply because they were not wanted at any other league club (one of them had trials with three other clubs in the same division and was turned down by all three) and that Sheridan is a great manager and very determined but hasn't got a chance with Argyle.

Their prediction, anything other than relegation will be a big pat on the back for Sheridan and as one said it he shook his head and went on to say "Argyle are finished".

After all that the Club has been through and all the words and nonsense, hearing that from him finally really brought home the reality.
To be honest gob it comes as no suprise, brent has no ambition for argyle to succeed, just happy to keep the club on life support until he's ready to bale out!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Accy must fancy their chances   Accy must fancy their chances EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 4:17 pm

Accy must be fancying their chances even more 50 odd mins gone and our non scoring forwards are on form.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Accy must fancy their chances   Accy must fancy their chances EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 4:17 pm

id fancy my chances playing against our lot !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accy must fancy their chances   Accy must fancy their chances Empty

Back to top Go down

Accy must fancy their chances
Page 1 of 1