Han Solos Other Ship
Freathy
Czarcasm
Sir Francis Drake
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 5:44 pm

Brent has got what he wants, a low cost cheap to run mid table league two club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 5:49 pm

If we can't beat Stanley next week we will be up shit creek and the game after that is away to Excretia, when is this nightmare going to end ? BRENT OUT / SHERIDAN NEARLY OUT !!!
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 5:54 pm

Accrington 2 Rochdale 0 said the commentator and that was a load of crock as well.Good job people dont have to subscribe for this mis information.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Thats the long and short of it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 6:24 pm

Yea Man wrote:
he will offload it quicker than liz taylor offloads husbands as soon as his clusterfuck is built.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 7:18 pm

In fairness it was a much better performance than last week at least, but I'm also beginning to doubt whether Sheridan is the man for us. People keep saying he's got one of the largest budgets in League 2 so that means it's the players he is picking and his management that isn't as good as most teams in this dogshit league.

I still maintain that the play-offs shouldn't have been an insurmountable task this season. All this "15th place would do me" shit gets on my tits. 15th in Division 4 with the just about the largest crowds and largest budget? feck off, get some bleddy ambition.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 7:19 pm

Greenjock wrote:
In fairness it was a much better performance than last week at least, but I'm also beginning to doubt whether Sheridan is the man for us. People keep saying he's got one of the largest budgets in League 2 so that means it's the players he is picking and his management that isn't as good as most teams in this dogshit league.

I still maintain that the play-offs shouldn't have been an insurmountable task this season. All this "15th place would do me" shit gets on my tits. 15th in Division 4 with the just about the largest crowds and largest budget? feck off, get some bleddy ambition.

And here in lies the problem
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 8:38 pm

Reading some of the match summaries from people who went to the game and it doesn't sound as though we actually played too badly today and possibly had a perfectly good goal disallowed. The problem is that this defeat comes straight after last weeks abject home performance against Wycombe and everyone was so pissed off about that.

The Wycombe game pissed on many fans ambitions for a successful season because we were brushed aside so easily by a team who aren't exactly favourites to go up this season. This made today's result more important than the performance and all of a sudden you're talking about scraping a draw or nicking a goal every week just like it was under Fletcher.

We won't go down this season and probably won't be seriously threatened by being dragged into another relegation dogfight but it's now painfully obvious that we're miles away from challenging for promotion and that's depressing. I can't see the budget being increased drastically so we're hoping for Sheridan to mould a bunch of misfits and kids into a winning side.

Next up is rock bottom Accrington at home which should be a welcome 3 points but who knows? They are going to be scrapping for their lives and we're low on confidence. Then it's a small matter of the Exeter away game and the Pompey home game back to back which won't be easy.

I'll say we'll pick up 4 or 5 points from these three games and maintain our lower mid table position and that's being optimistic. If we lose next week then we could be looking over our shoulders and getting that feeling of deja vu.

I expect that the gate next week will be around 6000 and a defeat would affect sales for the Pompey game which had the makings of a really decent crowd if we were on the up. They'll bring down a good following and it could've been 10,000+ if we were doing better than we are.

I can't see crowds holding up to last seasons average if we're lower mid-table or worse, people are losing their patience and will start finding other things to do with their money.

Something needs to happen like a decent loan signing that shows ambition. Our current squad isn't total shite but it's just ok and our bench is weak. There must be a few players not getting games in higher leagues who would come down on a loan deal if we were prepared to push the boat out and pay their wages. Not another 20 yr with bags of potential, but a name that fans know and will be impressed by.

The doom and gloom of the last six or seven years is becoming terminal and I don't blame anyone for giving up on Argyle. Other fans can point out that you support a team through thick and thin but with Argyle it's thin and feckin anorexic, and the future doesn't look too bright to me. I'm dubious about how the grandstand will be the key to propelling us back up the leagues and even more dubious that Brent is the owner to oversee it.

Thoroughly pissed off with it all now.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 9:08 pm

I went to the game. Dull first half with no real chances, we were probably slightly the better team. We had Morgan playing as a left winger for some reason.

Second half Morgan went up front and we were the better team. Reid had two goals disallowed. Not sure why the second was disallowed but it was an excellent header. Between these two 'goals' they scored at the other end. Couldn't see a great deal of it but it looked like the ball fell to one of their players in our area after a block tackle, so a bit unfortunate.

We also had a hand-ball penalty shout waved away. A 'homer' ref unfortunately.

Can't say that we were great. Probably a mid-table team on today's performance, but better than we looked most of last season when I saw us. We at least looked capable of scoring.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 9:17 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
I went to the game. Dull first half with no real chances, we were probably slightly the better team. We had Morgan playing as a left winger for some reason.

Second half Morgan went up front and we were the better team. Reid had two goals disallowed. Not sure why the second was disallowed but it was an excellent header. Between these two 'goals' they scored at the other end. Couldn't see a great deal of it but it looked like the ball fell to one of their players in our area after a block tackle, so a bit unfortunate.

We also had a hand-ball penalty shout waved away. A 'homer' ref unfortunately.

Can't say that we were great. Probably a mid-table team on today's performance, but better than we looked most of last season when I saw us. We at least looked capable of scoring.
It's not the first time he's been played there. I don't get it when he's a brute of a centre-foward crying out for a winger to cross balls into the area for him.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 9:37 pm

Greenjock wrote:

Wherever did this idea come from ? :/ This is the man who wouldn't pay to fund administration, wouldn't pay for the club itself, wouldn't pay the staff what they were owed.
Can't see how anyone can have a problem with Sheridan when he is trying to operate with both hands & one leg tied behind his back
Logic would suggest that our budget is absolutely piss poor & probably in line with "the likes" of Dagenham or Accrington. The general standard of players brought in would bear this up.

The sooner the club can rid itself of the underhand, corrupt, greedy, grasping parasite the better
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 10:08 pm

FY 310 wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Wherever did this idea come from ? :/  This is the man who wouldn't pay to fund administration, wouldn't pay for the club itself, wouldn't pay the staff what they were owed.
Can't see how anyone can have a problem with Sheridan when he is trying to operate with both hands & one leg tied behind his back
Logic would suggest that our budget is absolutely piss poor & probably in line with "the likes" of  Dagenham or Accrington. The general standard of players brought in would bear this up.

The sooner the club can rid itself of the underhand, corrupt, greedy, grasping parasite the better  
I'm not so sure about the budget either. It's true that our crowds are amongst the best but the first 2000 or so just go towards paying debt so our 7000 is effectively 5000 to start with and that probably only puts us a bit above half way.

And who was it that said that we had one of the best budgets? Did that ever come from a reliable source in the first place?

It just sounds like vague, unspecified bollocks to me just like "competitive budget" was last year. It sounded good but meant nothing.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 10:14 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
It just sounds like vague, unspecified bollocks to me just like "competitive budget" was last year. It sounded good but meant nothing.
Agreed, he doesn't say much in public but when he does it's completely without context.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 11:06 pm

Greenjock wrote:

Thoroughly pissed off with it all now.
That, unfortunately, is how a lot of people think now.

We seem to be in a vortex of despair.

Quite poetic really.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 11:21 pm

Flies all green 'n buzzin' in his dungeon of despair
Prisoners grumble and piss their clothes and scratch their matted hair
A tiny light from a window hole a hundred yards away
Is all they ever get to know about the regular life in the day;
An' it stinks so bad the stones been chokin'
'N weepin' greenish drops
In the room where the giant fire puffer works
'N the torture never stops
The torture never stops

Slime 'n rot, rats 'n snot 'n vomit on the floor
Fifty ugly soldiers, man, holdin' spears by the iron door
Knives 'n spikes 'n guns 'n the likes of every tool of pain
An' a sinister midget with a bucket an' a mop where the blood goes down the drain;

An' it stinks so bad the stones been chokin'
'N weepin' greenish drops
In the room where the giant fire puffer works
'N the torture never stops
The torture never stops
The torture
The torture
The torture never stops.

An evil prince eats a steamin' pig in a chamber right near there
He eats the snouts 'n the trotters first
The loin's 'n the groin's is soon dispersed
His carvin' style is well rehearsed
He stands and shouts
All men be cursed
All men be cursed
All men be cursed
All men be cursed
And disagree, well no-one durst
He's the best of course of all the worst
Some wrong been done, he done it first

(Well, well) An' he stinks so bad, his bones been chokin'
(Yeah) 'N weepin' greenish drops,
(Well) In the night of the iron sausage,
(Well) Where the torture never stops
The torture never stops
The torture
The torture
The torture never stops.

Who are all those people that he's locked away up there
Are they crazy?,
Are they sainted?
Are they zeros someone painted?,
It has never been explained since at first it was created
But a dungeon like a sin
Requires naught but lockin' in
Of everything that's ever been
Look at hers
Look at him
That's what's the deal we're dealing in
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 11:54 pm

Our first eleven are capable but their replacements aren't. We're carrying far too much 'potential' who quite frankly aren't good enough.

I like Nelson, appears a sound pro. Comes into the team and will do a sound job occasionally. He isn't challenging first eleven though. The first eleven picks itself with no challenge.

In short, the will to succeed and be successful isn't there. We're a nice little club with naive supporters who turn up in their thousands. The only demand for now is to be thankful to our beloved leader and avoid relegation.

Today's result doesn't piss me off, it was expected. Just don't expect my £20 next home match. You don't deserve it!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 1:00 am

looks like less than 200 turned up in the away end affraid 

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 1:08 am

It was nearly 300. I forget the exact figure. Maybe 272, 282 or 292. It was on the radio earlier.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 1:09 am

looks like half that on tv - have a look !
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 1:11 am

I saw it.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 2:05 am

Not watched any highlights but I guess the nooligans were easily spotted. No?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 2:24 am

They weren't there , he 'didn't fancy it for some reason , been there done that etc' according to twitter. Or Brent didn't want to go and so no directors box invite.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 5:28 am

Maybe even those who have helped create this nightmare scenario are now embarrassed by the inevitability of it all ?

One glance at the monotonous photos, reveals the dimwitted depths of the addiction, fuelled only by the Aviva gene.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 5:59 am

I was gonna suggest we wait for Gill 'fanboy' Black's photos, but ffs, it is her photos.  Not a superfan in sight (aside from the dodgy coach regs).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 7:27 am

Tringreen wrote:
Maybe even those who have helped create this nightmare scenario are now embarrassed by the inevitability of it all ?

One glance at the monotonous photos, reveals the dimwitted depths of the addiction, fuelled only by the Aviva gene.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Photo number 9 looks like one huge mural but how can this be? Aren't Argyle's murals a first in football?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scunny Match Thread   Scunny Match Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Scunny Match Thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next