Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)

Go down 
+6
LondonGreen
argyledj
Chemical Ali
Greenskin
Freathy
Czarcasm
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) Empty
PostSubject: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 7:20 am

Yes folks, he's back. On loan from conference side Stockport.

Glad to see we're 'going for it'.

What's so very sad, is that we are so shit, he actually will improve our side.

I just hope Webby and Ian know what they're doing, sanctioning signings like this.....

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 7:35 am

I think its a good signing. If he is not good enough for a conference side then I am sure he will do well for us. After all, we would struggle in the Southern League looking at Tuesday nights performance.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 7:43 am

Look how far we've come lol!

Agree with Frank through, Nick Chadwick is a piss poor conference player but is still a class above anyone else we have. God this is depressing.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 7:48 am

A mate of mine told me that John Sims and Mike Bickle were seen at HP last night,presumably for transfer talks.If no success is obtained with these two,Tommy Tynan has put in some impressive pperformances this year for tha Argyle legends and is thought to be the next on the list.

BTW,where's Scott Taylor these days?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 7:52 am

Nick Chadwick is a lovely bloke. And a very good commentator. It was a real shame that he was not that good at football.

On one hand he is a striker and probably far better then anything we have at the moment. But is this an example of the level of "contacts" Fletcher and Ridsdale have in the game?

How long before Wotton is back?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 8:23 am

I always wanted Chadwick to do well for us but it never quite happened. He did have a couple of decent games, but would usually succumb to some type of injury before he had a decent run in the side. He's better than what we've currently got, but that isn't hard.

He's scored 7 in 17 for a struggling Stockport side.

I saw onPasoti rumours that an International is training with Argyle today (did not say which countryor position). The striker Boli was also apparently at the Stourbridge game?
Back to top Go down
argyledj

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 8:39 am

i hope he can score a few but he always seems to need about 10 chances created before he scores and the trouble is we don't create ten in a month let alone a single match the only positive is he does put in a full shift when it comes to effort. i guess by the end of today we will find out how commited james brent is to argyle staying up although i think we know the answer already the transfer january window will be to late.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 9:34 am

Is this real or rumour? Can't see anything official - well not on the club website anyway.

Is this the big bulky forward that we have been 'promised'?

Christ on a bike, hardly brilliant news, but as others have said, better than anything we have at the moment - which makes me sad just thinking about it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 9:53 am

Cerbera wrote:
Is this real or rumour? Can't see anything official - well not on the club website anyway.

Is this the big bulky forward that we have been 'promised'?

Christ on a bike, hardly brilliant news, but as others have said, better than anything we have at the moment - which makes me sad just thinking about it. Sad

Its in the Herald/ WMN-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 10:03 am

According to Chris Webb's twitter, Argyle are looking for more loan signings today-

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:21 am

How is this a good signing fletch?? i appreciate that no one of quality will come here but this stinks of panic buying.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:44 am

On the face of it, a panic buy (and a seemingly bad one at that). But I will reserve judgement until he plays...though with his injury record, I am not holding much hope
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 1:38 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I saw onPasoti rumours that an International is training with Argyle today (did not say which countryor position).

That'll be Warren Feeney Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 1:54 pm

LondonGreen wrote:
On the face of it, a panic buy (and a seemingly bad one at that). But I will reserve judgement until he plays...though with his injury record, I am not holding much hope

injury prone aswell i doubt he is going to be much better this time around but stranger things have happend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 2:44 pm

Im trying my best to glean some positives from this one.

Experience-Yes, Physical presence-Yes, Honesty and Effort on the pitch-Yes, Playing at his level-Probably.

Purse, Sutherland and Chadwick have got to be better than that crock of s*ite that was on the pitch Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 3:19 pm

Chadwick isn't on loan,as he was released by Stockport, so has signed a short term deal.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 3:26 pm

Actually,i didn't dislike Chadders inhis first spell.He had a knack of scoring goals which,although few and far between,were noteworthy-i remember he scored after 11 seconds against Palace down here,i also saw him score thw winner with the last kick of the game at Reading and get winners at Palace and Sunderland.To be fair to the bloke and his overall record,he was used as an auxillary midfielder [and sometimes defender] by Pulis for most of the time and he did a pretty good workhorse job in that role,so his first spell wasn't entirely a disaster.Bit surprised at this though,mustn't be negative,i hope he goes well this time around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 4:04 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

I just hope Webby and Ian know what they're doing, sanctioning signings like this.....

FFS! I thought he was a bone idle donkey, could be worse though, I think!

Is Fred Binney still about?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:04 pm

One of the Chadders stories that sticks in my mind was that last minute goal at Reading he scored on a sunny Saturday afternoon in August, after that he was pretty much.............................well Laughing
Interestingly enough Reading never lost at home after that for over a year and ended up getting promoted to the Premiership as well.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 6:33 pm

Given the circumstances, a good signing............no seriously, I reckon that's as good as we'll attract right now. All the best of British to him.

Purse too is the commanding leader we desperately need. I hope he growls at Walton 'til he hands over the armband.

Dunno about Hemmings, more experienced than the kids we've got and by 'eck do they need a rest. You don't play kids as often as we've managed to burn out ours, it's self defeating eventually. You play them in short bursts then drop them, we've not had that luxury. Even if Hemmings is just another kid we can rotate then he's worth having on board.

Let's face it we're absolutely shit, we become less shit by signing better players than we've already got. These signings and Blanchard/Sutherland too are the foundations of the rebuilding process, you don't sack the foreman at the foundation stage so well done Fletch for getting people in and more power to your elbow in shaping them into a team.

Onwards and upwards.
Back to top Go down
`rgill

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 6:38 pm

A non-scoring striker,brilliant.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 6:47 pm

I was actually quite encouraged by his scoring rate of 1 in 6, bearing in mind the amount of subs and his predominant use as a closing midfielder under Pulis. But hey that was only the two leagues further up and a long time ago, how's about giving him a clean slate and supporting the guy?.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 6:58 pm

X Isle wrote:
Given the circumstances, a good signing............no seriously, I reckon that's as good as we'll attract right now. All the best of British to him.

Purse too is the commanding leader we desperately need. I hope he growls at Walton 'til he hands over the armband.

Dunno about Hemmings, more experienced than the kids we've got and by 'eck do they need a rest. You don't play kids as often as we've managed to burn out ours, it's self defeating eventually. You play them in short bursts then drop them, we've not had that luxury. Even if Hemmings is just another kid we can rotate then he's worth having on board.

Let's face it we're absolutely shit, we become less shit by signing better players than we've already got. These signings and Blanchard/Sutherland too are the foundations of the rebuilding process, you don't sack the foreman at the foundation stage so well done Fletch for getting people in and more power to your elbow in shaping them into a team.

Onwards and upwards.

How do you know what I've been thinking!?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 7:17 pm

Of course everyone will support him, all this is just idle chat as you would in the pub.

That said, they guy was never a footballer in a million years, he was more of a Forrest Gump then Forrest Gump. Now he has a second chance, we need him to take it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 7:21 pm

GOB wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

FFS! I thought he was a bone idle donkey, could be worse though, I think!

Is Fred Binney still about?
He signs tomorrow. affraid

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 74)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)   The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh) Empty

Back to top Go down

The return of Nick Chadwick (don't laugh)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next