Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dont Mention The Playoffs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Dont Mention The Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Dont Mention The Playoffs   Dont Mention The Playoffs EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:52 pm

Ten games in different season same shit, all of us moaning negative never find anything to be positive about types, have sadly looked to have been spot on! the signings who joined brents argyle because they were not wanted by anyother clubs have proved themselves to be useless, some of us doubters also had concerns about recruiting mccarthy as coach giving that he was first team coach at one of the worst ipswich teams ever, also never thought recruiting shezza's bro was a good move or the signing on the aussie pensioner fitness coach it was all done on the cheap which is brents main concern! the club looks a shambles  (again) on and off the pitch which i fear will end in relegation and not my pre season wildly optimisic prediction of eighteenth. the game on the telly next week will be mainly featuring empty green seats!! Brent out.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Dont Mention The Playoffs   Dont Mention The Playoffs EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 11:13 am

They shoot horses don't they ?

Back to top Go down
happypilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Dont Mention The Playoffs   Dont Mention The Playoffs EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 10:51 pm

im quite looking forward to next season's play offs Smile if its with shezza in charge then its non league Sad if we give colin a second bite then maybe............
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Dont Mention The Playoffs   Dont Mention The Playoffs EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 10:55 pm

happypilgrim wrote:
im quite looking forward to next season's play offs Smile   if its with shezza in charge then its non league Sad  if we give colin a second bite then maybe............
Colin won't be coming back here. The current manager of Sheff United is a dead man walking, so if Colin was going to make a dramatic return to management, I suspect that is the post he would take.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
happypilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Dont Mention The Playoffs   Dont Mention The Playoffs EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:00 pm

ok luggy it is then Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dont Mention The Playoffs   Dont Mention The Playoffs EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:20 pm

happypilgrim wrote:
ok luggy it is then Smile
really after his god awful spell the last time around?
Back to top Go down
happypilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Dont Mention The Playoffs   Dont Mention The Playoffs EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 8:16 am

That was in the championship where i agree he is lacking but at this level and probably league one i reckon he is still one of the best with the bonus neing he gives a shit .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dont Mention The Playoffs   Dont Mention The Playoffs EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 12:28 pm

happypilgrim wrote:
That was in the championship  where i agree he is lacking but at this level and probably league one i reckon he is still one of the best with the bonus neing he  gives a shit .
He didnt shine in this league with Southend, he is too set in his old ways to adpat to modern football so i dont see him getting another managerial job anywhere other than as a director of football.
Back to top Go down
happypilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Dont Mention The Playoffs   Dont Mention The Playoffs EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 12:33 pm

Angry wrote:
happypilgrim wrote:
That was in the championship  where i agree he is lacking but at this level and probably league one i reckon he is still one of the best with the bonus neing he  gives a shit .
He didnt shine in this league with Southend, he is too set in his old ways to adpat to modern football so i dont see him getting another managerial job anywhere other than as a director of football.
really???
id very much like to have the seasons southend had while he was there than the shit we have and our putting up with .
forget that 2nd spell me thinks its clouding your judgement and besides im none to convinced his management wasn't disrupted from within during that time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dont Mention The Playoffs   Dont Mention The Playoffs EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 12:47 pm

happypilgrim wrote:
Angry wrote:
happypilgrim wrote:
really???
id very much like to have the seasons southend had while he was there than the shit we have and our putting up with .
forget that 2nd spell me thinks its clouding your judgement and besides im none to convinced his management wasn't disrupted from within during that time.
He has passed it he isnt the same manager he was and football has moved on since 2002.
Back to top Go down
happypilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Dont Mention The Playoffs   Dont Mention The Playoffs EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 4:59 pm

Angry wrote:
happypilgrim wrote:
Angry wrote:
happypilgrim wrote:
really???
He has passed it he isnt the same manager he was and football has moved on since 2002.

i will agree to disagree with you , personally had we not done the dirty on him in 2009 we might not be in the bloody mess we are in now . i know lots will disagree with that but like many clubs we messed up we should never have sacked the man for doing what he was told to do - sell players , and then expect him to perform as well as the free spending ollie . , as for his southend stint well they are as skint as we are and he never once had them in the bottom half , and although not making the playoffs they were always in with a shout.
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Dont Mention The Playoffs   Dont Mention The Playoffs EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 6:55 pm

happypilgrim wrote:
Angry wrote:
happypilgrim wrote:
Angry wrote:
happypilgrim wrote:
really???

i will agree to disagree with you , personally had we not done the dirty on him in 2009 we might not be in the bloody mess we are in now . i know lots will disagree with that but like many clubs we messed up we should never have sacked the man for doing what he was told to do - sell players , and then expect him to perform as well as the free spending ollie . , as for his southend stint well they are as skint as we are and he never once had them in the bottom half , and although not making the playoffs they were always in with a shout.
Not sure we did do the dirty on him second time around. Wasn't kept on until the end of the season (the rest of his contract?) in some strange consultancy role, I seem to remember him and Todd going out and scouting for land to build new training facilities.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dont Mention The Playoffs   Dont Mention The Playoffs EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 11:24 pm

happypilgrim wrote:
Angry wrote:
happypilgrim wrote:
Angry wrote:
happypilgrim wrote:
really???

Sturrock stayed in the job a year longer than most would have done. I would disagree that the club did the dirty on him at the end of the day the players he signed where his players he had funds he wasted them on donkeys like walton and maclean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dont Mention The Playoffs   Dont Mention The Playoffs Empty

Back to top Go down

Dont Mention The Playoffs
Page 1 of 1