Mutternutter
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mutternutter

Mutternutter

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 7:22 pm

Will be as important to us in this promotion season as Trigger was a decade ago.alien 
Back to top Go down

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 7:40 pm

Can't see it although to give him credit the players seem to value his contributions given Chadwick's comments to Sparksy earlier.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 4:49 am

I remember when Trigger first came back to Argyle and PASOTI was the place to be that he wasn't the bees knees at all. Two regular posters Roger Hutchinson and Rivellino thought he was useless although in Hutchinson's case he didn't think he was even that good.
Eventually Trigger won everyone around except the two I mention who even when 12,000 said he had a good game they refused to believe it and still slagged him off.
I happen to think that Ruben is a very good target man but like Trigger it will take a lot to bring the natives around to liking him in the way that Trigger did.
Still if he keeps scoring then a hero he will be.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 8:02 am

Evans was excellent but I could always understand the criticism, he didn't look like scoring very often and the team was often forced to play a certain way as a result of him being on the pitch. Successful it might have been but fluid it wasn't always. Contrast to someone like Steve Howard at Luton who was also strong in the air but bagged 20 odd goals a season too. I wouldn't class Reid in either of their categories but he could well end up with quite a few this season, especially if he remains designated penalty taker...
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 8:28 am

There are strikers who contribute by getting flick ons or by out muscling defenders who don't score many, Heskey, Trigger, Hayles etc. but their worth is easy to see when they have a good game, but for every one of those players there's a Fallon or Chadwick who infuriate fans as they don't seem to offer anything at all most games.

I know Chadwick and Fallon both had their moments, Fallon played 3 games unbeaten in a World Cup finals for a start, but on the whole they disappoint fans more because when handed a goalscoring chance on a plate they invariably feck it up.

I'd count Cyrille Regis as one of the best big centre-forwards who could also score plenty of goals. A beast of a guy who could sprint like Bolt and knew how to finish as well.
Back to top Go down

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:26 am

Evans was a legend yet used to infuriate me on countless occasions, he could be more cart horse than Fallon, had a larger turning circle than Seadogs boats and was slower than me but could get a goal with his cunning like when he tricked the keeper with the indirect free kick by kicking it almost out of his range so the keeper instinctively put his hand out and brushed the ball as it went past him. He was good at holding the ball up but like Mockers said it made the team play in a certain way, ooooooof! We saw a little of that yesterday with the ball being played long to Reid and Morgan but the pair of them look like they are trying to score as much as flick the ball on. Reid for me was MOM yesterday a right handful he was.
Back to top Go down

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 1:29 pm

Reubyn Reid...I read that and can only think high school teenage girl who just wants to be popular.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Reuben Reid....

What a difference one letter makes Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 3:30 pm

Iggy wrote:
but could get a goal with his cunning like when he tricked the keeper with the indirect free kick by kicking it almost out of his range so the keeper instinctively put his hand out and brushed the ball as it went past him.
Anyone who thinks Evans did that on purpose is delusional.

He just took a quick free kick and got lucky because the goalie touched it.
Back to top Go down

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 3:48 pm

ejh wrote:
Reubyn Reid...I read that and can only think high school teenage girl who just wants to be popular.

Reuben Reid....

What a difference one letter makes Laughing 
looks like a good swap to me
Back to top Go down

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 4:37 pm

Rickler wrote:
Iggy wrote:
but could get a goal with his cunning like when he tricked the keeper with the indirect free kick by kicking it almost out of his range so the keeper instinctively put his hand out and brushed the ball as it went past him.
Anyone who thinks Evans did that on purpose is delusional.

He just took a quick free kick and got lucky because the goalie touched it.
Nah, he knew what he was doing, are you saying that Trigger didn't know it was an indirect free kick? If he thought it was direct he would have thumped it in the corner, he didn't he tapped it almost out of the keepers reach and the keeper said after the match that it happened so quickly he didn't think about it, just reached out.
Back to top Go down

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 10:04 pm

I saw that goal live, of course he meant it.
Back to top Go down

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 11:13 pm

100% meant it and I saw it live also. Funny thing about target men is that some have somebody with them who has an instinct for where it's going to be flicked. Others get almost as many flicks and nobody is there to receive it. One considered great and the other a donkey. Small margins springs to mind. When you're winning then hoof it to the big man is great. When you aren't it gets boo'd eventually. Funny old game ain't it.
Back to top Go down

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 1:51 am

No way did Trigger mean for the keeper to get a touch, but of course he meant to score. He didn't know the rules himself and got fortunate, the keeper also didn't know the rules but was unlucky. Most of the crowd had no idea what was happening.
Back to top Go down

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 9:13 am

I did, I was there and I remember the interview with their keeper, so in summary, I'm right, you and Punchy are wrong, and I'm a mod so I could just delete everything that you said.
Site manager/owner.
Back to top Go down

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 3:44 pm

You say he would have thumped it if he just meant to score.... he had the ball in his hands and took it as directly and quickly as possible. ...put it on the floor and stabbed it towards goal.

Clearly meant to surprise and rush the keeper, not allow him a touch!!
Back to top Go down

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 4:04 pm

He chipped not stabbed.
Back to top Go down

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 5:34 pm

'Chipped' it along the grass and under the keeper's body?
Back to top Go down

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 5:35 pm

The Swindon goal?
Back to top Go down

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 6:14 pm

Can't remember which game it was but, keeper picked up a backpass straight into his arms. Trigger took the ball out of his hands, walked back ten yards and chipped it at waist height just past the keeper who flapped his hand out and touched the ball that went into the net, must be on you tube somewhere?
Back to top Go down

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 6:20 pm

It was Swindon and it did go along the ground, search strange goal on you tube, still se it the same though. Embarassed 
Back to top Go down

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 7:03 pm

He kicked it against him and it deflected in and Trigger did mean it. It was indirect and by hitting it against the keeper, it counted as it didn't go directly in.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 7:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't think he would have had the composure to know what he was doing. He just tried to score direct imo.................... but I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 7:49 pm

ejh wrote:
No way did Trigger mean for the keeper to get a touch, but of course he meant to score. He didn't know the rules himself and got fortunate, the keeper also didn't know the rules but was unlucky.  Most of the crowd had no idea what was happening.
After watching it, I'd agree with ejh. Trigger is just trying to put it in the net. The fact the keeper got a touch but it still went in was pure luck on our part.
Back to top Go down

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 8:35 pm

No way he knew what he was doing. Nearly feckin missed as well Razz 
Back to top Go down

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 8:42 pm

I think he thought he knew what he was doing but he didn't know what he was doing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reubyn Reid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reubyn Reid   Reubyn Reid Empty

Back to top Go down

Reubyn Reid
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next