Freathy
Chemical Ali
Dougie
Han Solos Other Ship
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Anuvva Player innit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 12:05 pm

GreenSam wrote:
GOB wrote:

If we're in a mid table place come the end of the season then Sheridan will deserve a knighthood.
Really? I think it'd be a slight disappointment if anything. Satisfactory but not anything incredible.
Maybe being a fan of this shyte for 40 odd years is taking its toll on my cynical compass but if Argyle under its present regime achieve anything more than a half way spot it will be a bloody miracle. As Punchy has said, the last thing this crowd of clowns want or need is a successful season with thousands trying to get in the ground for the last few matches, it would completely blow the scum bags capacity argument out of the water.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 12:06 pm

GreenSam wrote:
GOB wrote:

If we're in a mid table place come the end of the season then Sheridan will deserve a knighthood.
Really? I think it'd be a slight disappointment if anything. Satisfactory but not anything incredible.
If brent isnt going to show ambition for the clubs future (please dont bring up hhp as thats all about him and benefits him only and nothing about the club) and invest funds how is sheridan going to build a squad capable of anything more than midtable? JS is capable of aiming higher with his squads but sadly we all know he will find it very hard too with brent as his boss.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 12:22 pm

The start to the season has shown us our problem areas and they remain to be just about everywhere you look. Happily this division is incredibly poor so a minimal improvement could reap big rewards. Let's hope it does.

I can't see us finishing much above halfway and fear that another season of desperate struggle awaits. Just look at the table and you'll see many of the clubs that escaped relegation last season (Accrington, Rochdale, Torquay, Us, York, D&R) near the bottom scrapping it out yet again even at this early stage.

It just shows how low we are aiming, that we have been conditioned to aim, that halfway in L2 is going to be satisfactory as an outcome.

We are watching Argyle die bit by bit.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 12:26 pm

What more can you expect from a little 4th tier club at the arse end of England ? pig 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 12:28 pm

The sleeping giant never awoke, it died in its sleep.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 12:52 pm

Tringreen wrote:
What more can you expect from a little 4th tier club at the arse end of England ? pig 
Think you will find that we are England's Ocean City clown 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 2:22 pm

Nothing that sets the pulse racing.

So when is the returning popular ex Argyle midfielder being unveiled then Webb?
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 5:49 pm

Inevitably, this window was all very bargain basement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 6:03 pm

Warny wrote:
Inevitably, this window was all very bargain basement.
We operate in a different window though, the loan one. Now squads in the CCC have been settled Managers will make assessments as to who will play regularly and who can be sent out on loan, because they're not wanted, or more commonly to further their development. You are not going to send a highly regarded striker out on loan for the season until you are convinced that you have a suitable strike force yourself.

Now is when the quality of the contacts that Sheridan has and his sales skills will hopefully come to the fore. Can he persuade clubs that Plymouth Argyle can be trusted to further the development of their young players AND will Brent allow the cash to contribute to their wages and I guess accommodation costs?

Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 8:09 pm

With the exception of Banton, for me, our loanees have been players whose contracts are running down and the parent club doesn't want them hanging around. Plus I'd rather had players we owned. Fed up right royally with temps.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 8:13 pm

Warny wrote:
With the exception of Banton, for me, our loanees have been players whose contracts are running down and the parent club doesn't want them hanging around. Plus I'd rather had players we owned. Fed up right royally with temps.
Hmm, Cox and Bryan were just as vital to our survival push as Banton was though imo. In fact I'd say those three are the three best players we've had since getting relegated into league two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anuvva Player innit
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2