Dougie
Han Solos Other Ship
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

Anuvva Player innit Empty
PostSubject: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 2:32 pm

Some Website wrote:
ARGYLE manager John Sheridan has further boosted...
...his Pilgrims’ squad on transfer deadline day.

Defender Jamie Reckord has signed on a three-month loan from League 1 leaders Wolves and, like midfielder Hamza Bencherif who joined on a short-term contract earlier in the day, has completed his registration in time to be able to play in Tuesday night’s Johnstone’s Paint Trophy first-round tie at Cheltenham.

Jamie, 21, is a left-back who turned professional with his home-town club in 2010 and is a product of the Molinuex Academy, having previously represented England at Under-16 and Under-17 level.

At the end of the 2010-11 campaign, Jamie was loaned out to League 2 Northampton Town, for who he made seven appearances including a losing debut on the eve of his 19th birthday against John Sheridan’s Chesterfield.

He made his Wolves debut at the start of the following campaign in a 4-0 League Cup win over his former temporary employers at Sixfields.

Another loan spell followed later in the season, when played 17 times for League 1 Scunthorpe United.

Jamie, who is contracted to Wolves until the end of the current campaign, began last season on loan to League 1 Coventry City.

He made 12 appearances for the Sky Blues, including a memorable one in the Capital One Cup at Arsenal.

He also played in the first round of this season’s Capital One Cup, when Wolves were beaten 1-0 at Argyle’s divisional rivals, Morecambe.

The terms of Jamie’s loan takes in all our games up to and including our New Year’s Day Home Park derby against Torquay United.

Jamie will wear the number 28 shirt while he is at Home Park.

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Shez aint feckin about is he?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 2:48 pm

Good. An area that was crying out to be strengthened. Hope it works out and he is better than what we already have (which shouldn't be difficult)
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 3:12 pm

Another one with a ropey background-

Newspaper wrote:
Jamie Reckord safe at Wolves despite suspended sentence for assault

The career of disgraced Wolves teenager Jamie Reckord will not be hit by his suspended prison sentence.

In fact, the 19-year-old left-back could be in line for a pay rise, with wage talks set to resume following the end of court proceedings in which he admitted breaking the jaw of a life-long friend.

The club declined to discuss whether they punished him but he is understood to have been subject to their “usual internal disciplinary procedures.”

Reckord, from Pendeford, received an eight-month prison sentence suspended for two years after pleading guilty to assaulting Jason Preece in a “unprovoked” street attack.

He was also ordered do 150 hours unpaid work and pay £1,200 compensation to the victim with £500 court costs. His victim has shaken hands with the player since the March 13 attack and does not want it to wreck his career.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 3:23 pm

Million dollar question, Is he any good? A lot of fans have pointed outs that Trotman seems to be a bit of a disaster, we need some better defenders and quick, hope that this fits the bill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 3:49 pm

i can see one other coming in probably a striker on loan.

Left back is weak in numbers and Blackman doesnt seem to be all that at the moment. I just hope he is better and not a "panic buy"
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 6:59 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:

Newspaper wrote:

The career of disgraced Wolves teenager Jamie Reckord will not be hit by his suspended prison sentence.

In fact, the 19-year-old left-back could be in line for a pay rise, with wage talks set to resume following the end of court proceedings in which he admitted breaking the jaw of a life-long friend.

The club declined to discuss whether they punished him but he is understood to have been subject to their “usual internal disciplinary procedures.”

Reckord, from Pendeford, received an eight-month prison sentence suspended for two years after pleading guilty to assaulting Jason Preece in a “unprovoked” street attack.

He was also ordered do 150 hours unpaid work and pay £1,200 compensation to the victim with £500 court costs. His victim has shaken hands with the player since the March 13 attack and does not want it to wreck his career.
He sounds like a total f***ing dickhead
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 7:24 pm

Freathy wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Newspaper wrote:

He sounds like a total f***ing dickhead
PAVFC is full of them, Sad Act ! lol! 

There must be another good cause coming up to do a bit of 'charidee' for................Rolling Eyes 

What a fekkin shambles................... as predicted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 7:27 pm

He was 19. Not good but not unusual.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 7:59 pm

JS has gone on the record as saying he's aiming for the play offs,bit like aiming for the stars and landing on the moon,for the ollie fans on here....players will regularly come and go this season as JS looks for that winning formula.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 8:02 pm

Sheridan's hardly going to come out and say he'd be delighted if we could avoid relegation again, is he?
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 8:07 pm

Luggy did though if your memory is any good.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 8:26 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Luggy did though if your memory is any good.
If he did, he was merely playing down any expectation. Sheridan doesn't really need to play down expectation, because there's not much there to begin with.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 9:12 pm

Sheridan is playing on his reputation,rather than expectation.If Argyle go up this season then he will take all the credit and rightly so,if they dont then I expect he will resign.Well that's how I read it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 9:20 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Sheridan is playing on his reputation,rather than expectation.If Argyle go up this season then he will take all the credit and rightly so,if they dont then I expect he will resign.Well that's how I read it.
if argyle go up this season i will buy a pasoti mug and donate it to chariteeeeeeeee coz thats the type of flash bastard i am. but back in the real world i think my money's safe.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 9:29 pm

Sheridan obviously doesn'y share your view,he's definitley going for it big time...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 10:07 pm

i dont see anything but a mid table place this season. We simply dont have the squad depth with quality to go any higher.

FWIW i believe Sheridan could get this club promoted but if his chairman isnt going to back him with funds than what can he do?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 10:14 pm

If we're in a mid table place come the end of the season then Sheridan will deserve a knighthood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 10:35 pm

Argyle and its present regime do not want success... fact
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 11:22 pm

GOB wrote:

If we're in a mid table place come the end of the season then Sheridan will deserve a knighthood.
mid table was me being VERY ambitious. lol
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 1:48 am

Sheridan going for it with a midfielder that Mansfield didn't want, and a Wolves yoof? Hardly.

Ok both positions needed strengthening, but our attack is weak (Morgan apart) and we needed someone to replace Reid/ decent attacking sub. I still haven't seen much in Harvey to go with all the hype.

Maybe he has a few loans lined up, but the current squad isn't play offs material.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 4:22 am

Until somebody starts scoring goals from open play, Argyle are going nowhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 9:51 am

Sad to say but city played some lovely balls around in the mid field and they have Gow ( urge cough spit) who knows how to finish, we have a massive great bloke up front who is on the whole starved of support, playoffs would be a miracle.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 11:52 am

greensleeves wrote:
Why would he resign on a three year contract?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 11:58 am

GOB wrote:

Really? I think it'd be a slight disappointment if anything. Satisfactory but not anything incredible.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 12:00 pm

I'm glad we have signed a left back. Against Morecambe we started there with right back Berry and replaced him with Nelson, another right-footer out of position, when Blanchard came on. If Blackman is fit that tells us all we need to know about his prospects at the club.

Reckord was not only on loan at Scunny and Cov but played a good few games for them both. If he was useless he would have been sent back so I'm hoping he's half-tidy.

Which leave his off-field behaviour. He must know that he's on his last chance as a professional now and with his contract at Wolves nearly up he needs to impress. I'd be amazed if he didn't behave himself.

I can't say that I feel as positively about Bencherif but he's been around the club a while and Sheridan must see something in him and midfield is another place where we need strengthening.

Sadly apart from in goal we need strengthening just about everywhere. How many of these players would get in Luggy's team in this division? Precious few, I reckon, and that's the standard we need to reach to threaten to go up.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anuvva Player innit   Anuvva Player innit Empty

Back to top Go down

Anuvva Player innit
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next