Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.

Go down 
+4
Tgwu
Freathy
seadog
VillageGreen
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. Empty
PostSubject: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 5:41 pm

Came across this thread from over there..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I wonder how many they will bring down this Saturday ?.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 5:43 pm

Once the new mini stand is built there won't be room for a coachload of away fans anyway.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 5:52 pm

Aye, piss off you Northern Monkees!

But welcome to Plymouth if you do come.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 6:05 pm

Willy waving about attendances is really stupid. Newcastle United would be a Champions League regular if it was based upon who turns up. I do love the Newell 'Mickey Mouse' comments; it's Mickey Mouse to ask fans to do a litter pick, paint the now doomed Far Post Club, lob money in buckets for staff, introduce Cheerleaders, wheel out the elderly and infirm to sit in the Council chambers to clap James Brent, have a Janner Chas n' Dave run a fan-fest because the club can't do hospitality, have some guy pay for coaches so people can travel to Southend......

Mickey Mouse is worth about $40bn too - I've never understood the phrase. I take that back, we aren't Mickey Mouse, we're Wacky Races.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 6:07 pm

Bet they'll tear us a new one though, even without any fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 6:26 pm

Freathy wrote:
Bet they'll tear us a new one though, even without any fans.

You must be joking Freathy, we're on a run now, unbeaten in one !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 7:02 pm

They could hire a Tandem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 7:50 pm

In hols with patchy reception but welcome back Hairy, great comment.

As up the line states this club has maintained football with both Manchester clubs, Bolton etc on their doorstep whilst we have over half a million people with Argyle as their closest league club and we're dogshit and broke.

Newell is such a sad case. Generally there is honour amongst away fans, a respect. All he does is take the piss, a bully. Let's hope he's not watching all 20 do the conga on Saturday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 8:48 pm

hairy j wrote:
Willy waving about attendances is really stupid. Newcastle United would be a Champions League regular if it was based upon who turns up. I do love the Newell 'Mickey Mouse' comments; it's Mickey Mouse to ask fans to do a litter pick, paint the now doomed Far Post Club, lob money in buckets for staff, introduce Cheerleaders, wheel out the elderly and infirm to sit in the Council chambers to clap James Brent, have a Janner Chas n' Dave run a fan-fest because the club can't do hospitality, have some guy pay for coaches so people can travel to Southend......

Mickey Mouse is worth about $40bn too - I've never understood the phrase. I take that back, we aren't Mickey Mouse, we're Wacky Races.
Must say, the disrespect that guy has for other fans is astounding - he is in a league of his own!!Sad 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 8:51 pm

Plymouth argyle 2013 lording it over Rochdale because we took 2000 to theirs last season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 8:53 pm

Weren't they taking the piss out of another teams away numbers recently so Nooligan decided to buy tickets for them or something stoopid like that?

I didn't particularly think the 800 and something we took to Cheltenham was that brilliant considering it's one of our closest games and quite easy to reach. It's been much better than that in the past.

Rochdale is part of Greater Manchester so they do have two of the biggest clubs in the country on their doorstep so Dale fans are proper die-hards not to take the easy option just down the road.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 8:58 pm

We have not enough hotel rooms for all their fans, we needs some more hotels, especially a 4 star for the rich fans of Rochdale

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 8:59 pm

They've also got Everton and Liverpool nearby. It's quite an apt response from Newell though and I woukdn't expect any less from a man who makes Homer Simpsn look like a rational and articulate man of the World.

I also like how he bangs on about the 'North' being 'grim'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ewwwwwwwww - not a Nandos or Saltrock store in sight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 11:04 pm

Feckin hell I thought Rochdale was bigger than that and the suburbs of Manchester look fantastic. Feck Plymouth I'm moving up there.

Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 12:19 pm

Well there's a few on there who have gone against what Noolz had posted. How long until they're banned I wonder?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 12:50 pm

Newell is living firmly in the past.

We're no longer bigger than the "likes of" Rochdale. We're at the same level, if not worse right now.

If he doesn't like that then he needs to remove his mouth from Brent's arse and use it to tell him to sort it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 12:58 pm

Yea Man wrote:

We're no longer bigger than the "likes of" Rochdale.  We're at the same level, if not worse right now.

If he doesn't like that then he needs to remove his mouth from Brent's arse and use it to tell him to sort it out.
I find it weird how Newell can try and build us up as a big club when he has just tried his hardest to condemn the club to a future of eternal lower league mediocrity.
You made the bed you fat Bastard now lie in it!!
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 10:53 pm

hairy j wrote:
They've also got Everton and Liverpool nearby. It's quite an apt response from Newell though and I woukdn't expect any less from a man who makes Homer Simpsn look like a rational and articulate man of the World.

There's some lovely places up north.

Hairy, which lake is that? I've been up there a few times but I'm struggling to work out which one that is.

Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:04 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
hairy j wrote:

There's some lovely places up north.

Hairy, which lake is that? I've been up there a few times but I'm struggling to work out which one that is.

Windermere ?

Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:06 pm

Yea Man wrote:

We're no longer bigger than the "likes of" Rochdale.  We're at the same level, if not worse right now.

As you are intent on baiting the hook to get a reply,YM, and it looks mightily tasty  I'll jump up.You might not like it but Argyle are a much much bigger club than Rochdale,from history,from ground from fan base.IJN is quite correct. Apart from Portsmouth Argyle are the biggest club in this league.Of course that goes against your grain and most others on here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:20 pm

That is historically incorrect greensleeves. I'll quote you Oxford who I saw play live at West Ham some years back in what was then the first division but is now the premeirship. We have never ever got to that dizzy height. IJN is therefore not right is he.

All this billy big bollox stuff is just wind and water anyway. You are as big as your current position and no bigger than that. There may be more potential with some clubs but potential never got anything unless it's realised.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:47 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

As you are intent on baiting the hook to get a reply,YM, and it looks mightily tasty  I'll jump up.You might not like it but Argyle are a much much bigger club than Rochdale,from history,from ground from fan base.IJN is quite correct. Apart from Portsmouth Argyle are the biggest club in this league.Of course that goes against your grain and most others on here.
fishing 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:49 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
That is historically incorrect greensleeves.    I'll quote you Oxford who I saw play live at West Ham some years back in what was then the first division but is now the premeirship.    We have never ever got to that dizzy height.    IJN is therefore not right is he.

All this billy big bollox stuff is just wind and water anyway.    You are as big as your current position and no bigger than that.    There may be more potential with some clubs but potential never got anything unless it's realised.    
Bleddy hell I agree with Sensible on this one Shocked 

lol! 

You've got it bang on, you're only as big as your current position.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 12:04 am

greensleeves wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

Not wanting to piss on your chips Al but before anyone considers this post lets have a look at your track record.

Here's Al's post about the new grandstand from earlier this evening on Pasoti:

The new grandstand will incorporate a much bigger corporate area than at present,about four times as big.Corporate hospitality being very popular,it will generate a considerable increase in match day revenue.Then you have a fans bar which will be a big moneyspinner as well.For far too many years Argyle have lost out to the likes of the Britannia Pub,The Cherry Tree,and the Golden Hind.Now a lot of that lost revenue will be going into the HP coffers.Plus as crowds increase so will match day revenue. The new facilities will bring in betweeen £1million and £2 million additional revenue as James Brent has said,no doubt about it.

So excuse me if I don't take an awful lot of notice of anything you say from now on.

If you honestly believe that then I'm afraid I cannot possibly take you seriously anymore, if I did in the first place. Enjoy the fanfest tomorrow though with the rest of them who think everythings hunky dory and Argyle, the second biggest club in Division 4, are about to start increasing their revenue by between £1 million and £2 million every year by simply having a new grandstand lol! 
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 12:21 am

Jock, have a read of JB's post on PASOTI.If Exeter Chief's can make £1 million-£2 million,out of corporate hospitality then its just as possible for Argyle to do the same. I believe ejh got his sums wrong.JB seems to be pretty switched on whether you like him or not. Thats Jon B not James B by the way.So that would make the highlighted bit perfectly plausible............As for the other bit Argyle and Portsmouth are most definitely the biggest clubs in this league.Oxford as has been pointed out,and indeed Northampton,who sensible could have also quoted have been in the first division,but are they as big as Argyle and Portsmouth. Dont think so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.   Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach. Empty

Back to top Go down

Poor old Rochdale,can't even get enough fans to fill a coach.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next