Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead? Empty
PostSubject: Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead?   Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 1:17 pm

All this shite we've had to put up with and now JB restricting us to the lower leagues for the next 100 years or so, why can't I give it up and follow Spurs, Barca, York City etc?

Be so much easier wouldn't it? All you need to do is turn the TV on and watch. Happy days then. Problem is, I really don't give a feck about any other team. Bleddy Argo are in my heart the bastards.

Anyone know a good hypnotist?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead?   Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 1:32 pm

Could try banging your head against the wall. Argyle make me feel like doing that anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead?   Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 1:32 pm

Its the lack of ambition and the village small time attitude of Plymouth and Argyle that has has ended it for me, add into that the Corruption and the influx of Super-fan vermin.
Any time i feel a hint of sentimentality about PAFC ,i have a flick through the filth that is Pasoti ..the perfect antidote ,it reminds me that i am doing the right thing by withdrawing my active support from this basket case of a club and probably re-in-forces my decision to move away from the City.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead?   Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 2:18 pm

My old man always told me we'd never reach the top flight. "No bleddy ambition bhuy innit. Bleddy usleless 'um is"

He was right too
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead?   Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 2:24 pm

I did find myself shouting last Saturday with 10 mins to go alongside the guy next to me "Ref just blow up I can't stand this pain any more".
And walking across Central park to the station among the downcast green throng I asked myself why the feck do I still come to this? and the answer is I really don't know except I come from Plymouth and I first went to H.P along time ago.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead?   Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 2:27 pm

Same here m8. I just can't stop it Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead?   Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 2:27 pm

Han Solos Other Ship wrote:
My old man always told me we'd never reach the top flight. "No bleddy ambition bhuy innit. Bleddy usleless 'um is"

He was right too
Thats what my old man said too in as much as "Argyle dont want to be in the First division/premier league" said it often as well.
He never went to Home Park apart from Boxing day or New years day as he was born in London, brought up in North Devon and supported Arsenal, even though he lived in Plymouth most of his life.
He had the right idea

Last edited by punchdrunk on Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead?   Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 2:28 pm

I'll be telling my 2 lads that too. I might as wells start now and their only 10 and 4.....
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead?   Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 2:33 pm

Born, bred and lived in Plymouth all my life so supporting another club really isn't an option.

I was fortunate enough to catch a few games from the Mariner/Rafferty/Waiters era but it was the away days in the early 80s which really cemented my support for the club. We were shit then but the supporters were united, one big family.

The last 8 years has seen that family destroyed by the new breed of purporter whose only goal is to cosy up to whoever owns the club in return for some sort of recognition and position. We're all to blame for allowing this shit to happen to OUR club.

On top of this are the long string of greedy and/or useless owners aided by a useless local council making promises they couldn't keep, not forgetting a useless bunch of Football League officials who can easily pass ex Bankers who defer debts as 'fit for purpose' in running a football club.

I guess my only choices now are either fecking up the current Argyle and running the wankers out of town in the hopes a true minded football person takes over or football as a whole can go feck itself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead?   Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 2:38 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Born, bred and lived in Plymouth all my life so supporting another club really isn't an option.  

I was fortunate enough to catch a few games from the Mariner/Rafferty/Waiters era but it was the away days in the early 80s which really cemented my support for the club.  We were shit then but the supporters were united, one big family.  

The last 8 years has seen that family destroyed by the new breed of purporter whose only goal is to cosy up to whoever owns the club in return for some sort of recognition and position.  We're all to blame for allowing this shit to happen to OUR club.

On top of this are the long string of greedy and/or useless owners aided by a useless local council making promises they couldn't keep, not forgetting a useless bunch of Football League officials who can easily pass ex Bankers who defer debts as 'fit for purpose' in running a football club.

I guess my only choices now are either fecking up the current Argyle and running the wankers out of town in the hopes a true minded football person takes over or football as a whole can go feck itself.

I think that is/should the true ethos of ATD...in my opinion of course
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead?   Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 3:40 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
I guess my only choices now are either fecking up the current Argyle and running the wankers out of town in the hopes a true minded football person takes over
I think that is/should the true ethos of ATD...in my opinion of course
I wish, it wont happen though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead?   Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why can't we just go 'feck it' and support Spurs instead?
Page 1 of 1