Dane
fridgey
seadog
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 7:39 pm

It just seems to me that people flounce pretty regularly in objection to people like me who are severely feckin pissed of about all things pafc.
Flouncing is childish, its aimed at de-stabilising ATD, and it plays into the hands of the establishment.
This club is a basket case plain and simple, its not an observation its a fact, the sooner some come to terms with this fact the better.
I would like to talk about the squad, John Sheridan or Accrington away or Newport at home, but there are bigger fish to fry like putting the boot into the real bad guys and their followers, if this upsets Knecht and his ilk then guilty as charged.
Back to top Go down

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 7:42 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
It just seems to me that people flounce pretty regularly in objection to people like me who are severely feckin pissed of about all things pafc.
Flouncing is childish, its aimed at de-stabilising ATD, and it plays into the hands of the establishment.
This club is a basket case plain and simple, its not an observation its a fact, the sooner some come to terms with this fact the better.
I would like to talk about the squad, John Sheridan or Accrington away or Newport at home, but there are bigger fish to fry like putting the boot into the real bad guys and their followers, if this upsets Knecht and his ilk then guilty as charged.

I like the cut of your jib, Punchy. Say what you like - like what you say.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:03 pm

I don't think people on here are that different to on pasoti.

On both sites if you don't agree with the popular opinion you get abused
Back to top Go down

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:10 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

You've always had a hidden agenda against some of us.
There has been plenty of discussion worth responding to, everyone has their own style and and if anyone crosses the line they get banned or their posts get removed...simple as that, you come across like some kind of santimonious half arsed Saint like Harry Secombe in the land of Sinners.
You then bang on about me making "snide innuendos" and in virtually the next sentence you insult my intelligence by saying this
"or is that too complicated for you to take on board?"
Are you for real or does that make you as big a hypocrite as the poster who has just flounced because he is so "incapable of accepting anyone disagreeing with him" as you melodramatically and incorrectly described me.

I've never had a hidden agenda. My dislike of abuse and a refusal on the part of some people to engage in proper discussion has been there from the beginning - plain for all to see. I have never tried to hide it..... no reason to do so. But my personal standards have never intruded upon my modding of this site in the manner that the site seems to prefer to operate. On occasion I have expressed my personal view but that is simply that - a personal view. It seems that some people are unwilling or incapable of accepting an opposing view without resort to abuse. Pepsi Pete has expressed a similar view on here recently. I have received a number of PMs over the months expressing incredulity about some of the posters on here & asking "is .... X .... for real?!". You clearly think the same about me. That's fine.

I agree that everyone has their own style. Yours is to ridicule, abuse and attack. Mine is to live & let live. We seem to have a different style. In my past over a year as mod & keyholder I have never once abused that power to make life difficult for you. Indeed, without going into public detail (but you will know what I am talking about), on the one occasion when you and I exchanged Pms you implied that I would abuse my power as a mod when I had by an accident on your part gained private information on you. I replied to you that I would not do that as this is not pasoti. Remember? Maybe it's because I am "some kind of santimonious half arsed Saint like Harry Secombe in the land of Sinners" that enables me to ignore the crap you spout, in my opinion, and get on with moderating on here with impartiality both toward you and toward others.

Do you not think that you make snide innuendos? On the whole I don't think I do. On the whole I think I reserve my judgements. I don't always manage that. I'm human - sort of....... As for my comment about you being unable or unwilling to take on board that two people can have opposing views and still be respectful - the worlds is full of polarities - I stand by that

I can assure I am for real.

I am thoroughly pissed off that posters I respected - including people like GOB, Penz, Peggy, Damon, Richard, Andy, to name but a few of many - have either closed their accounts or post rarely on here. There are other clearly intelligent posters who have signed up on here to enlist & utilise its challenging energy to add, for example, to the campaign against the HHP developments. My view is that this site too often uses abuse as its normal mode of communication and that is ONE of the reasons that such people don't post. Hairyj was an irritating prat at times (aren't we all?) but, in my view, many people simply didn't get his sense of humour. His other "sin" was that he didn't care who he challenged. Isn't that what got people banned from pasoti? Isn't that to be respected? Or is the case that people on here like dishing it out but can't take it back? I am sorry to see him go not because he was my favourite poster but because he was challenging. Isn't that what ATD is about?

Yours
Saint Knecht
Back to top Go down

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Dane. wrote:

Thats bollocks Dane, threads get moved, posts inexplicably deleted, posters banned for nothing, polls getting rigged, i could go on.
all the above happens on the filth that is Pasoti, on ATD it does not.
Do you think you would be re-admitted to Pasoti with some of the nonsense you have tried in the past!!! No-one gets abused here pal dont talk bollocks .
ATD Where the talk walks the walk. A refreshing island of sanity in a sea of Avivas
Back to top Go down

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:14 pm

Dane. wrote:

I think the difference is ::::: you are allowed to disagree on this site without fear of being banned or censored ::::: i think ?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:14 pm

Here Here to Knecht, don't think anybody has been banned from this site apart from Paul Thomas.
Back to top Go down

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:21 pm

knecht wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

You've always had a hidden agenda against some of us.
There has been plenty of discussion worth responding to, everyone has their own style and and if anyone crosses the line they get banned or their posts get removed...simple as that, you come across like some kind of santimonious half arsed Saint like Harry Secombe in the land of Sinners.
You then bang on about me making "snide innuendos" and in virtually the next sentence you insult my intelligence by saying this
"or is that too complicated for you to take on board?"
Are you for real or does that make you as big a hypocrite as the poster who has just flounced because he is so "incapable of accepting anyone disagreeing with him" as you melodramatically and incorrectly described me.

I've never had a hidden agenda. My dislike of abuse and a refusal on the part of some people to engage in proper discussion has been there from the beginning - plain for all to see. I have never tried to hide it..... no reason to do so. But my personal standards have never intruded upon my modding of this site in the manner that the site seems to prefer to operate. On occasion I have expressed my personal view but that is simply that - a personal view. It seems that some people are unwilling or incapable of accepting an opposing view without resort to abuse. Pepsi Pete has expressed a similar view on here recently. I have received a number of PMs over the months expressing incredulity about some of the posters on here & asking "is .... X .... for real?!". You clearly think the same about me. That's fine.

I agree that everyone has their own style. Yours is to ridicule, abuse and attack. Mine is to live & let live. We seem to have a different style. In my past over a year as mod & keyholder I have never once abused that power to make life difficult for you. Indeed, without going into public detail (but you will know what I am talking about), on the one occasion when you and I exchanged Pms you implied that I would abuse my power as a mod when I had by an accident on your part gained private information on you. I replied to you that I would not do that as this is not pasoti. Remember? Maybe it's because I am "some kind of santimonious half arsed Saint like Harry Secombe in the land of Sinners" that enables me to ignore the crap you spout, in my opinion, and get on with moderating on here with impartiality both toward you and toward others.

Do you not think that you make snide innuendos? On the whole I don't think I do. On the whole I think I reserve my judgements. I don't always manage that. I'm human - sort of....... As for my comment about you being unable or unwilling to take on board that two people can have opposing views and still be respectful - the worlds is full of polarities - I stand by that

I can assure I am for real.

I am thoroughly pissed off that posters I respected - including people like GOB, Penz, Peggy, Damon, Richard, Andy, to name but a few of many - have either closed their accounts or post rarely on here. There are other clearly intelligent posters who have signed up on here to enlist & utilise its challenging energy to add, for example, to the campaign against the HHP developments. My view is that this site too often uses abuse as its normal mode of communication and that is ONE of the reasons that such people don't post. Hairyj was an irritating prat at times (aren't we all?) but, in my view, many people simply didn't get his sense of humour. His other "sin" was that he didn't care who he challenged. Isn't that what got people banned from pasoti? Isn't that to be respected? Or is the case that people on here like dishing it out but can't take it back? I am sorry to see him go not because he was my favourite poster but because he was challenging. Isn't that what ATD is about?

Yours
Saint Knecht

So if ive abused anyone Knecht why Havn't you done anything about it? , probably because i have not abused anyone.
And saying i spout crap is abuse in itself.
Back to top Go down

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Knecht - if I may be so bold to make an observation? Your general downward intonation towards this site, the directions in which it seems to be heading and your stance towards a certain style of posting, seems to have adopted undertones of great dissatisfaction of late.

I hope you don't take offence to this. It's just an observation.

PS: Have you been turned to the dark side by Darth Nooligan?popcorn (only joshing, of course.lol! )

No, I don't take offence at all. Was I meant to? Actually I think you are probably right. Though I would say that my view has been that ever since I joined here many moons ago. Maybe I'm expressing it more openly. Maybe it's me that's changed or maybe it's the site that's got more abusive. That appeared to be one of a number of reasons that GOB closed his account. It certainly is one of the reasons behind Pete's recent comments. The site seems to have become simply reactive to pasoti rather than taking on its own views It's too easy to have knee-jerk reactions to something you don't like. I think that's to the detriment of ATD. If I'm right, that's a pity.

You know what they say about jokes/joshing ..... but to respond seriously to your comment about being turned by the dark side - I most certainly haven't! In fact, if anything my stance toward "the dark side" has become even more anti. I just don't let it cast dark shadows over all of my support for Argyle nor do I try to let it cloud my judgement about things that are important.

If the site HAS got more abusive and intolerant, I absolutely accept that as a mod for over a year I must take my fair share of the blame over that. If so, I apologise.

Back to top Go down

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:26 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
So if ive abused anyone Knecht why Havn't you done anything about it? , probably because i have not abused anyone.
And saying i spout crap is abuse in itself.

Now who's putting himself up for Sainthood? Very Happy 

FWIW I actually think you have reined yourself in a lot recently. I may be wrong. If I am right, I'd be interested if that was a positive decision on your part?

I will try to stop now as this thread should be more about hairyj. RIP.
Back to top Go down

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:28 pm

Whatever Sugar Tits

Can we get a Hairy J rip gif ?
Back to top Go down

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:35 pm

For all the knocking Knecht is getting, he's one of the most level headed mods in the mod room and never uses personal feelings to sway his opinion or action. He will always voice his feelings in a calm way even if he completely disagrees with the line of discussion in the mod room and he is invaluable as a keyholder.

The personal abuse on this site is getting to ridiculous levels and nearly every thread somehow turns into a Newell/Webb bash. I'm happy to admit i've done this myself on more than one occasion but having been away over the past few days and now just coming back to catch up on things it makes sorry reading.

A number of respected and valued posters have left recently and each one of them have left a hole in ATD, including hairy.

ATD does provide sanity from censorship and towing the party line and you can vent your spleen at the shambles we have of a club right now without the fear of being placed on a flickr database for future reference but it can be done without the need to resort to calling someone a cnut.

Things need to change or this place will continue to lose respected posters.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Punchy that's crap. I've been labelled a peado and a racist on here in the past, the police had to settle that,

However a lot of water under the bridge since then, and I agree pasoti wouldn't have me on there.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:40 pm

On the subject of people leaving.

I think it's everyone's right to do what they want. It's a bit extreame but a posters right to do so. Not sure why they need to announce there departure,

I think gobs departure was pathetic. He saw what he thought was an opportunity to get me banned. When the mods told him it wouldn't go that way he threw his toys out the pram.

I don't think the site as an organisation can be held to account over instances like that. That's an individual that has a problem
Back to top Go down

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:45 pm

Yea Man wrote:
For all the knocking Knecht is getting, he's one of the most level headed mods in the mod room and never uses personal feelings to sway his opinion or action.  He will always voice his feelings in a calm way even if he completely disagrees with the line of discussion in the mod room and he is invaluable as a keyholder.  

The personal abuse on this site is getting to ridiculous levels and nearly every thread somehow turns into a Newell/Webb bash.  I'm happy to admit i've done this myself on more than one occasion but having been away over the past few days and now just coming back to catch up on things it makes sorry reading.

A number of respected and valued posters have left recently and each one of them have left a hole in ATD, including hairy.  

ATD does provide sanity from censorship and towing the party line and you can vent your spleen at the shambles we have of a club right now without the fear of being placed on a flickr database for future reference but it can be done without the need to resort to calling someone a cnut.  

Things need to change or this place will continue to lose respected posters.

So what do you suggest? 
No-one calls another poster a cnut without being provoked, there is no smoke without fire as the old saying goes, no-one one here i believe is better then the next man , Hairy was as guilty as the next man for all of these things but at the end of the day no-one is forcing these people to flounce. Perhaps the entire membership of ATD should be placed in front of Knecht and the rest....Hired, Fired, Fired, Fired, Hired, Fired .
Or

Maybe we should all chill the feck out and realise that this is not the feckin house of commons but a spit and sawdust forum about one of the crappest football teams in the football league.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:47 pm

The site has set it's stall out. It's gone down the road of limited moderation. People know this when the sign up.

Back to top Go down

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Dane. wrote:
The site has set it's stall out.  It's gone down the road of limited moderation.  People know this when the sign up.

You being the expert at signing up Wink 

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:49 pm

Knecht is a bloody good bloke...that's all.
Back to top Go down

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:51 pm

That's it. I've had enough (holds hand on forhead)

Bye all. I'm off to Pasoti - a sea of civility.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:51 pm

Mr man.

I don't care for your tone.

I also like knecht.
Back to top Go down

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:55 pm

punchy wrote :

Maybe we should all chill the feck out and realise that this is not the feckin house of commons but a spit and sawdust forum about one of the crappest football teams in the football league.

TOO TRUE !!
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:57 pm

Haaaaa
Back to top Go down

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:58 pm

I'm confused who is the latest guest? It's like A.Triallist on sky sports news....we should sign him. Prolific.
Back to top Go down

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:01 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Knecht is a bloody good bloke...that's all.

Yep maybe he should stop calling fellow posters twats, people who he knows diddly squat about by the way.
I want to like the bloke ..i really do, just finding it hard
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:02 pm

Oh my. There dropping like flys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bye BYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bye BYE   bye BYE - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down