Dane

Dane

Coventry city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coventry city   Coventry city EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:04 pm

Boring city, boring club. Not worth any more than that
Back to top Go down

Coventry city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coventry city   Coventry city EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:13 pm

At least they have played at the highest level and won the FA Cup.

Their problem was building a stadium which was possible to big and very likely too expensive.

Ring any bells??
Back to top Go down

Coventry city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coventry city   Coventry city EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:20 pm

Nope. They paid for a stadium they didn't even own. They were paying £1.4m a year rent on it too. Nothing like Argyle. James Brent has the opportunity to be a philanthropist - as we're led to believe he is - and he's clenching his wallet buttocks so tight you'd not even get a lazer beam up there.

I feel sorry for Coventry but look at AFC Wimbledon - a PROPER club.
Back to top Go down
hippo

Coventry city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coventry city   Coventry city EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:34 am

Cov are in arrears with their rent, also the stadium owners offered to drop the rent which Cov turned down. Maybe there's more going on than meets the eye. Whatever happens, I reckon the football league will ensure that Cov can fulfill their fixtures this year. I suspect having to play at Northampton's ground will have dire consequences.
Back to top Go down

Coventry city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coventry city   Coventry city EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:07 am

Statement from Supporters Direct on the subject.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Coventry city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coventry city   Coventry city EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:07 am

hippo wrote:
Cov are in arrears with their rent, also the stadium owners offered to drop the rent which Cov turned down.  Maybe there's more going on than meets the eye.  Whatever happens, I reckon the football league will ensure that Cov can fulfill their fixtures this year.  I suspect having to play at Northampton's ground will have dire consequences.

300 season tickets sold Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down

Coventry city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coventry city   Coventry city EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 11:21 am

Why, in your infinite wisdom, is Coventry a boring club. Perhaps you would be good enough to explain, given your vast experience in all matters football.

Not for the first time, I can really understand people's opinion of you.

A complete and utter waste of space.

And yes...I have met you.
Back to top Go down
simao

simao

Coventry city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coventry city   Coventry city EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 1:50 pm

Dane. wrote:
Boring city, boring club. Not worth any more than that
Seeing that the first match I saw early 70s was Cov beat v Man Utd with Charlton, Best, Law et al at Highfield Road, Cov are a boring club. Or you are a willy. Please choose.
Back to top Go down

Coventry city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coventry city   Coventry city EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 1:56 pm

Coventry had a massive proportion of first or second generation Coventrians - so I guess that had an impact on the club's following.

Bits of Cov are OK for different reasons. The Foleshill Road can be good and Earlsdon wasn't bad. The best bit of Coventry was the indoor market but, the last time I was there, even that was running down.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Coventry city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coventry city   Coventry city EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 1:56 pm

I just find them a very boring. I have clubs which I like and don't like. I couldn't care less about Coventry.

Football could do with a few high profile clubs going bust and starting again, time for a wake up call
Back to top Go down

Coventry city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coventry city   Coventry city EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 2:09 pm

That's all right then!
Back to top Go down

Coventry city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coventry city   Coventry city EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 2:22 pm

Dane. wrote:
I just find them a very boring.  I have clubs which I like and don't like. I couldn't care less about Coventry.  

Football could do with a few high profile clubs going bust and starting again, time for a wake up call

Very selfish and shortsighted, could be us in a few years when Jimmy B goes.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Coventry city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coventry city   Coventry city EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:51 pm

Surely a lesson for Argyle there. Coventry did all the things we aspire to, built a splendid and much admired stadium (talking about before the Richo) spent over 20 years at the top level and won the FA Cup. All things we dream of. Yet they have still ended up in trouble big time.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Coventry city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coventry city   Coventry city EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:53 pm

As with all clubs that get in trouble. The people in position of power have cited irresponsible
Back to top Go down

Coventry city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coventry city   Coventry city EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:57 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Surely a lesson for Argyle there.  Coventry did all the things we aspire to, built a splendid and much admired stadium (talking about before the Richo) spent over 20 years at the top level and won the FA Cup.  All things we dream of.  Yet they have still ended up in trouble big time.

To be fair that Ricoh arena (ive been there twice) was ridiculously large, i think it held near on 38,000 , you could get 10k in there and the place looked half empty.
They should never have left Highfield Road imho, it was a smart stadium with a decent atmosphere, decent access from the train station etc. Club like Coventry should have 25k, Argyle should be 22-23k but who am i , just a voice crying in the wind
Back to top Go down

Coventry city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coventry city   Coventry city EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 10:35 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
Surely a lesson for Argyle there.  Coventry did all the things we aspire to, built a splendid and much admired stadium (talking about before the Richo) spent over 20 years at the top level and won the FA Cup.  All things we dream of.  Yet they have still ended up in trouble big time.

To be fair that Ricoh arena (ive been there twice) was ridiculously large, i think it held near on 38,000 , you could get 10k in there and the place looked half empty.
They should never have left Highfield Road imho, it was a smart stadium with a decent atmosphere, decent access from the train station etc. Club like Coventry should have 25k, Argyle should be 22-23k but who am i , just a voice crying in the wind

10,000 makes a 38,000 stadium look have empty.....I think you need to try a little harder with your maths ?
Back to top Go down

Coventry city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coventry city   Coventry city EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 10:42 pm

ZYPH wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
pepsipete wrote:

10,000 makes a 38,000 stadium look have empty.....I think you need to try a little harder with your maths ?

Only making an observation, keep fishing
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Coventry city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coventry city   Coventry city EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 10:57 am

Who knows,Argyle might be playing Coventry City in League Two next season ??.

Minus 10 points to start the new 2013-14 season is a killer for Coventry City.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Coventry city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coventry city   Coventry city EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:54 am

punchdrunk wrote:

What, so 10K in a 32.6k(not 38) would be different from 6k in a 22k Gnome Park?

The Ricoh is a feck horrible out of town shiite hole of a ground, there is more atmos on the moon.

Now let me be clear here, I fookin hate new football grounds, even the better ones which remain in town and stay a bit closer to their roots, Sarfhampton, Rovrum, Hull, new Gay's Meadow being a few, the rule is move and lose, Colchester's new ground is worse than the Ricoh, soulless, Cov's new home Sixfields, aaaaargh! The 3 sided Kassam, slanted view here because we have had some good days there, Wycombe, I bet I would even hate the Amex if there was any chance of us ever going there. Maine Road used to be rocking whereas the Manchester District Council Stadium is like a morgue, the Emirates library. Give me Elm Park over the Madge any time, can you imagine how quickly the Bubbles will disappear into the night in Stratfod?

Tbh I doubt it would take many Cov fans longer to get into Sixfields than the Ricoh and I wouldn't let the low number of STs cloud the pitch, they will get support if they win games, whether they will fill the seven and a half k I doubt, they will of course suffer financially. What they need is a proper home back in their borough and Trust ownership, forgetting of course any dreams of going back to the Prem or even the Chumpionship for a good long time, a bit like you mugs, well except the bit about the Prem.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Coventry city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coventry city   Coventry city EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:54 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Who knows,Argyle might be playing Coventry City in League Two  next season ??.

Yeah, if you stay up?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coventry city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coventry city   Coventry city Empty

Back to top Go down

Coventry city
Page 1 of 1