Chemical Ali
Dane
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dane

Dane

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 10:30 pm

I am about to buy a new car, cant decide between a Sensible BMW 1 Series sport or a Land Rover

What does everyone else drive here
Back to top Go down

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 10:32 pm

People mad apparently.......
Back to top Go down

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 10:44 pm

Dane. wrote:
I am about to buy a new car, cant decide between a Sensible BMW 1 Series sport or a Land Rover

I used to have an Alfa 147 2 litre twin spark and that was as far as me and "status cars" went,i learned my lesson and since then ive gone for simple but reliable models like ford fiestas or pegueots.... cheaper insurance, cheaper to run, cheaper to mantain and tax.
I found that once i was married what is the point in trying to cut a dash in fanny magnet cars when one im married and 2 i dont really have the cash to run such things, but you live and learn i suppose.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 10:46 pm

I have a fiesta now, Never had a 'nice' car so thought its time
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:11 pm

I've got a Passat- fairly decent car and its reliable but far from a fanny magnet.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:27 pm

I now drive a vauxhall zafira 16i design, brilliant family car Dane and not to bad on fuel. LV charge £262 a year fully comp with 4 yr no claims bonus. Steady reliable car.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:32 pm

i need a car for work as well , im on the road an awful lot covering all of the southwest
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 4:24 am

I've got a vw caddy a vw transporter and a mini cooper s all three are very reliable. Not a fan of the bmw one series , I would recommend a skoda octavia estate very reliable,comfy and cheap to run.

What do you drive  Skoda11
Back to top Go down

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 5:19 am

Nissan Qashqai +2. With two young children it's a right bonus to have a bit more space. Lucky enough for it to be a company car so not sure on running costs but never had a problem with it and it seems economical. A good combo between a larger car for family outings but still seems small enough to not seem silly driving alone.

What do you drive  Nissan-qashqai-17-04-09
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 6:04 am

Yaris.
Back to top Go down

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 8:52 am

Dane. wrote:

My wife drives a 2 year old white 120d auto Msport - beautifully balanced motor, in fact any more power and it would need serious extras to hold it down so just about right!! My little A1 2.0 TDI Black Edition no slouch either - very fast but only £20 tax and average 50 odd mpg, it's really weird!! Good luck with your choice
Back to top Go down

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:11 am

Mazda Bongo, become a bongonaut cheers 
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:17 am

ldv convoy, extra seats, fold down beds. all my own work
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:24 am

2011 BMW 3201 M Sport. Company car. Would I buy it? No. Eats petrol

Wife has Toyota Auris and this is an excellent car
Back to top Go down

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:27 am

My bruvver in law had a skoda octavia, nothing but trouble, I've got a Transporter that I've converted myself, my favourite vehicle of all time, I have had several discos and loved them as well but unless they are working for you they are thirsty, expensive to tax and eat props hafts and tyres.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:52 am

nothing, since my Micra was stolen and torched 2 years ago.
Back to top Go down

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:55 am

i drive my girlie insane
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 11:32 am

Seat Alhambra Weasil which is huge and unbelievably cheap to run, Audi A8 4.2 V8 4WD, also huge yet surprisingly unbelievably expensive to run, Nissan Micra 1-0 which I don't use much cos it feels like I am wearing it rather than driving but that is the one that seems to get the most use.

Small seems to be beautiful nowadays and some of the designs make it possible for even the larger chap such as moi to get a decent driving position, the new Focus range are v nice if a tad OTT with gizmos, if money is the issue some of the Korean stuff is mucho cheapo and gets under the tax and congestion charge emissions level without the up front costs of a hybrid or a VW.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 12:25 pm

320d touring. Bullet proof and if you don't drive it like an utter Toss, really good on diesel. I'm driving to Bristol airport tomorrow and will get there on about two and half gallons.
Back to top Go down

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 12:29 pm

Vw golf fantastic car, but i can't get the fanny magnet to work:cheers:
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 12:37 pm

I don't drive, I cruise...
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
seadog
Admin

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 2:01 pm

Spoken like George Michael...........
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 4:17 pm

I have a newish citroen Picasso and the wife has an old daewoo matiz.

I drive the matiz most of the time and I fecking hate it! Mad

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 6:33 pm

Test driving a golf gti tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 6:48 pm

Great car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What do you drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you drive    What do you drive  Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you drive
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next