Greenskin
Dougie
Flat_Track_Bully
Tgwu
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Tonight at Bath - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight at Bath   Tonight at Bath - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 7:10 am

hairy j wrote:
0-0 away at Bath isn't teribble. It's a clean sheet - we've yet to concede a goal. I genuinely don't put any real value on friendlies - they aren't a real guage. Man Utd lost away to a Thai XI the other day - nobody has asked for David Moyes to be sacked.

There's a fair amount of new players - it's about settling them in, getting fit and getting them ready for the first game in August.

For me it's the lack of goals again which is a big worry. One goal against Tiverton and three against Elburton which is one step up from a pub team.

It's not that important to win these games but it didn't sound like we were going to score at all last night. It'll be interesting to see how we get on against higher league teams in the upcoming friendlies.

BTW it's £10 to watch Argyle's youth squad against Truro tonight! That's feckin scandalous. Probably not Argyle's fault unless they are charging Truro a fee, but shame on Truro City for cashing in even though it's going to be an Argyle team that nobody will have heard of any of the players.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Tonight at Bath   Tonight at Bath - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:00 am

There are some people whose opinion one tends to take notice of.  Mr Roberts would be one of mine.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Tonight at Bath   Tonight at Bath - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 5:47 pm

not encouraging but no need to call for calm just yet !!!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Tonight at Bath   Tonight at Bath - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 7:19 am

Pre-season form is important and it is a gauge of how well (or not) we will do when the season starts.   I think there is cause for great pessimism and panic - clearly we are still a VERY poor team.  On pre-season showing so far I'd place us easily bottom 2.  It was a pre-season match for Bath too don't forget and if they were just playing for fitness, like the 'experts' keep telling us we were, then we have even more cause to be worried as even in kick about mode they still played us completely off the park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonight at Bath   Tonight at Bath - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 7:47 am

What I don't understand about pre season friendlies is the excuse that its "all about match fitness". Surely both teams are in pre season and looking to get match fit - so superior organisation and skill should play a massive part. Is it not pre season for the amateurs of Elburton and the part timers of Tiverton and Bath? Or do they play to a different football calender to the rest of the country?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonight at Bath   Tonight at Bath - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 2:18 pm

If we played any premiership team now they would thrash us, anybody would expect them to, by the same token I would expect us to do Tivvy and Co.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tonight at Bath   Tonight at Bath - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tonight at Bath
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2