BATH

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

BATH Empty
PostSubject: BATH   BATH EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 4:10 pm

Why is this town so expensive to stay in?

Is it any good?

Recommenders?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

BATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATH   BATH EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 4:22 pm

What sort of thing are you looking for, pubs/hotels?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

BATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATH   BATH EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 4:32 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Why is this town so expensive to stay in?

Is it any good?

Recommenders?
Some years back I was looking to buy a house in Bath. Jeez H Christmas!!! My only chance was if I bought outside Bath .... Brum or Manchester or Demport.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

BATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATH   BATH EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 5:10 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
What sort of thing are you looking for, pubs/hotels?
Hotel first plz, pubs I can find using me shnout
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

BATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATH   BATH EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 3:33 pm

Used to regularly stay in the Abbey hotel between the station and Pulteney bridge when doing my AAT course in Bath, very nice hotel and handy for most destinations in Bath. Mind you, it was all paid for by my then employers, can't remember if it was that expensive TBH and no idea what the pricing would be now. Also stayed at the Hilton once-that was expensive, that I do remember. All depends what you're looking for really, i stayed in a couple of guest houses as well which were easily adequate for my purposes and doubtless didn't cost as much as the aforementioned establishments.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

BATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATH   BATH EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 7:31 pm

Is it actually any good, though, Skinners? Or a bit shit?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

BATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATH   BATH EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 7:37 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

Bath is a great place to visit but expensive, went to the Christmas Market last year again well worth a look! stayed at a good B and B but can't remember the name of the Gaff,  the current mrs S had to book up a month in advance!!!Bath is always busy.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

BATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATH   BATH EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 7:40 pm

About 25 years ago I used to have to stay in Bath for night once every fortnight. I ended up hitting on Flaxley Villas B&B. They were very helpful, there was free parking, a double room, a decent breakfast, en suite room etc. Couldn't fault the place.

No idea if it is still going...
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

BATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATH   BATH EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 7:42 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

Bath is a great place to visit but expensive, went to the Christmas Market last year again well worth a look! stayed at a good B and B but can't remember the name of the Gaff,  the current mrs S had to book up a month in advance!!!Bath is always busy.

Please Remember, Suffs, remember for the love of God and the Orphans of Babylon! I'm after a joint to woo a young honey; the old coup de grace, I'm seeking a certain rural, small town charm allied to luxurious amenities, the type of place to add an extra inch to my natural endearingness; you know what I'm talking about, old bean, you know the drill, I'm speaking the hotel of all hotels squire! The scene of inevitable and frequently passionate love, the Greatest of man built wonders for my Cleopatra; a veritable Palace of Versailles to make my fine filly feel like Lady Churchill herself! Suffs, my fine fellow, you deliver on this and I will deliver you a firm online pat on your muscular back, an online rub of your naturally chiselled shoulders, and perhaps a happy ending and all! tally ho!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

BATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATH   BATH EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 7:48 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

Please Remember, Suffs, remember for the love of God and the Orphans of Babylon! I'm after a joint to woo a young honey; the old coup de grace, I'm seeking a certain rural, small town charm allied to luxurious amenities, the type of place to add an extra inch to my natural endearingness; you know what I'm talking about, old bean, you know the drill, I'm speaking the hotel of all hotels squire! The scene of inevitable and frequently passionate love, the Greatest of man built wonders for my Cleopatra; a veritable Palace of Versailles to make my fine filly feel like Lady Churchill herself! Suffs, my fine fellow, you deliver on this and I will deliver you a firm online pat on your muscular back, an online rub of your naturally chiselled shoulders, and perhaps a happy ending and all! tally ho!

So you want the name of a cheap premier inn, why the fook didn't you say!
Back to top Go down

BATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATH   BATH EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 7:52 pm

Try the Francis Hotel Mock. I lived in Bath, still have family there, even had a family wedding reception at the Francis. Right on Queen Square just below the Circus and the Royal Crescent. 4 star will cost under £100. Even a lubberly French restaurant  (yes, French !) just around the corner, by the cathedral) The Francis have website obviously.... see what you think. Queen Square often is the site of their Winter ice skating rink, if indeed that's happening this year.

Try the George at Bathampton on the canal for a pub meal and the opportunity to actually pay a toll to get your car there from the centre of Bath. A couple of excellent music pubs. Avoid the bottom of town where the River Styx marks the start of Twerton. Ok for footy dullards but no good for your intent.
Don't bother with the Royal Crescent Hotel. Will cost you hundreds, and I've seen what goes on at the back..
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

BATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATH   BATH EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 8:33 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

To be fair, i was trying my best to stay as sober as I could in view of some the rather mind boggling material covered on the course [actually getting rat arsed may have helped] and it was quite a long time ago but it certainly had a good reputation for night life if you wanted it-there were a lot of students in the city at the time, feckers kept me awake for hours one night with their infernal rantacket. Probably much the same now, the city centre is classy with some nice restaurants, like everywhere else it has it's low spots as well, Twerton was not the most salubrious district.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BATH Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATH   BATH Empty

Back to top Go down

BATH
Page 1 of 1