Czarcasm
Rickler
GreenWhiteBlack
Freathy
Frankie_Fredericks
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this Empty
PostSubject: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:44 am

Plymouth in top 100 Crap Towns
Back to top Go down

Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:49 am

#Britainsoceancity

#craptown

lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 11:25 am

#craptownoceancity
#BPAagree
Back to top Go down
Frankie_Fredericks

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Trouble is we are too inbred down here and afraid of change. The fact that this development is likely to go up is some sort of miracle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:28 pm

Maybe this will stop the fat barsteward from mentioning the words "ocean city" in every sentence
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:30 pm

Frankie_Fredericks wrote:
Trouble is we are too inbred down here and afraid of change. The fact that this development is likely to go up is some sort of miracle

It reflects on the dimwittery of the locals failure to think outside the box, and realize that HHP will cripple the club in the long term.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:58 pm

Speak for yourself Franky, change is good if it is done right, asset stripping and over development of parkland is not on, even if we were not being denied our right to expand in the future or given a decent sized grandstand now I would be against the school dentists and cinema in Central Park.
It's called principles not inbreeding.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 8:24 pm

Newells beloved brent is about to make it a whole lot crapper. Mind you all those (mainly norhern sounding) tourists I heard today semed to like the place.
Back to top Go down
Frankie_Fredericks

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 7:11 am

Freathy wrote:
Newells beloved brent is about to make it a whole lot crapper.  Mind you all those (mainly norhern sounding) tourists I heard today semed to like the place.

We have relations who live in Preston and they absolutely love it down here. Mind you they havent been anywhere else either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 8:09 am

Freathy wrote:
Newells beloved brent is about to make it a whole lot crapper.  Mind you all those (mainly norhern sounding) tourists I heard today semed to like the place.

We have relations who live in Preston and they absolutely love it down here. Mind you they havent been anywhere else either.

Stopped off in Leyland at friends for night on way to Edinburgh once - friggin no go area!!
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 9:15 am

Why does he go out of his way to try and prove how good Plymouth is? Whos he actually trying to impress?

As for the Ocean City thing it's f*cking horrendous hearing him bleat on about it non stop, anyone see the twitter he made? 'Plymouth Lover' ?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 4:35 pm

Funny thing is Newell's 'love' for Plymouth seems to be a fairly recent thing?

He certainly wasn't blabbering on like this until Brent announced his plans.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 4:49 pm

His away game tally per season could be counted on the fingers of one hand too, before his SUPERFAN status had been achieved. He's the archetypal wannabe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 8:42 am

Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this 521661_442378419176972_1613116219_n
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 9:26 am

Was that drawn by the same people who do the murals at HP ?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 9:40 am

No its to good for them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 10:35 am

thought it was one of mine for a moment !!!!
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 2:33 pm

GreenWhiteBlack wrote:
Why does he go out of his way to try and prove how good Plymouth is? Whos he actually trying to impress?

As for the Ocean City thing it's f*cking horrendous hearing him bleat on about it non stop, anyone see the twitter he made? 'Plymouth Lover' ?

As it is PJ's "work" in re-branding our city now they have realized we are next to the ENGLISH CHANNEL ffs, he clearly is moistening pj's derriere too, to get as close to the head of the top table as possible, what a sycophantic creep he is! pig 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 2:44 pm

Plymouth is a lot, lot nicer than many other places. I've been to a fair amount of Northern/Southern towns and cities and it really isn't that bad. It has a lot going for it. It has Whitleigh but then, it has the Hoe. What Newell does is incredibly fake but we do have a lovely city. The whole of Devon is a nice place to live.
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 2:53 pm

hairy j wrote:
Plymouth is a lot, lot nicer than many other places. I've been to a fair amount of Northern/Southern towns and cities and it really isn't that bad. It has a lot going for it. It has Whitleigh but then, it has the Hoe. What Newell does is incredibly fake but we do have a lovely city. The whole of Devon is a nice place to live.

I agree, being born "oop north" no contest!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:10 pm

Seriously, apart from the Hoe, the Barbican, Devil's Point, Plymouth is not a lovely city.

Maybe one day, if you demolish the city centre, concrete monstrosity of a council building, Millbay and it's environs. Whitleigh, Southway, North Prospect etc etc etc.

I lived in Tamerton Foliot for 11 years, yes Devon is absolutely fantastic, Plymouth is a dump.

And before anyone says it, it is of course YOUR dump
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:13 pm

Tamerton used to be an attractive little village (where I had one of my first pints) on the edge of Plymouth before it got swallowed by tons of modern housing. C'est la vie - as they say in Cornwall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:20 pm

True enough Knecht, especially up the top end, married quarters etc.

I live in Riverside Walk, which was lovely, a great walk down to the Nature Reserve, great views of the Tavy/Tamar.

And a few pints in the Seven Stars.

Starting to miss it (left 2 years ago)m again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:22 pm

knecht wrote:
Tamerton used to be an attractive little village (where I had one of my first pints) on the edge of Plymouth before it got swallowed by tons of modern housing. C'est la vie - as they say in Cornwall.

Lived in Aylesbury Crescent in Whitliegh with Milford lane to Tamerton right behind us - Seven Stars was closer than the Albermarle so did our underage drinking down there!! Oh what days the 70's!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:24 pm

Doncaster. Close the thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this   Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this Empty

Back to top Go down

Ocean City, Jewell of the West..I wonder what Newell's going to make of this
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next