HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plymouth City Anyone?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Plymouth City Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Plymouth City Anyone?   Plymouth City Anyone? EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:35 am

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Argyle-change-map/story-19489385-detail/story.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#axzz2YX0c1j26

Is this Brent/Jones floating a rebranding?  I think we should be told.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth City Anyone?   Plymouth City Anyone? EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:50 am

Being called a City doesn't make Plymouth any bigger.......for instance Truro is a City and is quite small for a town.

It shows the ignorance of people that they don't realize that Plymouth is a metropolis of a quarter of a million people.

A braver man than me Gunga Din, who would try and remove Argyle from the clubs name.

City generally relates to that area having a Cathedral.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth City Anyone?   Plymouth City Anyone? EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:57 am

If that's not a troll i dont know what is. Argyle makes Plymouth unquie as no other club in the football league has it unlike city where there are loads and its only Man City that is well known as City.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth City Anyone?   Plymouth City Anyone? EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 9:06 am

Blimey, though Plymouth City stopped playing about 1970? - Played at Pennycross Stadium I seem to remember, as we used to live in Chaucer Way about 20mins walk away. As for the tw*t that wrote such carp, should be strung up and if it happened would be the last straw for me!!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth City Anyone?   Plymouth City Anyone? EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 9:41 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Blimey, though Plymouth City stopped playing about 1970? - Played at Pennycross Stadium I seem to remember, as we used to live in Chaucer Way about 20mins walk away. As for the tw*t that wrote such carp, should be strung up and if it happened would be the last straw for me!!

Duncan Neale used to play for Plymouth City when his Argyle career ended,they played in either the South Western or Western league and had a very powerful team in the Sunday league as well.Were they touted as a long term rival to Argyle or just a very good local side? Can't remember why they packed up,it may have been when Pennycross stadium was pulled down.As for the name change,it just won't happen,complete non issue.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth City Anyone?   Plymouth City Anyone? EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 9:53 am

Something far more interesting than that twattish letter;

http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/plymouth-69-f-mac.html

Fleetwood Mac at Pennycross stadium! Supported by the Herd,who i think were the original band of Peter Frampton.Speedway was pretty well supported there too;

http://plymouthdata.info/PennycrossStadium.htm

Only two fatalities,apparently! Don't think i ever went to the speedway but remember vaguely going to watch pony racing there when i was a nipper.Another place with a bit of history turned into a soulless industrial estate,bit of a mini Eastville i suppose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth City Anyone?   Plymouth City Anyone? EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 1:17 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Something far more interesting than that twattish letter;

http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/plymouth-69-f-mac.html

Fleetwood Mac at Pennycross stadium! Supported by the Herd,who i think were the original band of Peter Frampton.Speedway was pretty well supported there too;

http://plymouthdata.info/PennycrossStadium.htm

Only two fatalities,apparently! Don't think i ever went to the speedway but remember vaguely going to watch pony racing there when i was a nipper.Another place with a bit of history turned into a soulless industrial estate,bit of a mini Eastville i suppose.

12000 turn up for stock cars wow - I know my uncle took us kids up in the 60's sometime and sure that was for stock cars, the only time went there - well not quite as my mate who lived close took us up for dog racing on an evening, said they served anyone with booze!! Well, must have been about 15 and can vouch they serve anyone, got hammered - unfortuneatly, cop car saw me staggering around and after a chase got taken home to Whitliegh to be torn off a strip by mum!! Ho what days!! Hahhahahahah!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth City Anyone?   Plymouth City Anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth City Anyone?
Page 1 of 1