Han Solos Other Ship
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

New Backroom Staff Appointed Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 7:35 am

Sean McCarthy returning as well in Sheridan's new look backroom staff.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Any more good news like this and I might pop!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 7:44 am

I didn't realise McCarthy had such an impressive strike rate as a player. 200 in 600 games is very tidy. Good to see Shez has his own people in now, tho I hope his brothers appointment isn't  a case of 'jobs for the boys'. Plus at 65, our new fitness coaches 'hands on' days are well behind him!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 8:38 am

Greenjock wrote:

I hope he has cut back on the pies since becoming a coach! nowt worse than a fat coach. Not a fan of Nepotism myself so i am wary of Darrens's appointment but never the less i welcome all 3 to the jobs.

Last edited by Angry on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 8:40 am

I always loathed McCarthy as a player but I have heard very positive things about him as a coach.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 8:58 am

Angry wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

I hope he has cut back on the pies since becoming a coach! nowt worse than a fat coach. Not a fan of Nepotism myself so i am wary of Darrens's appointment but never the less i welcome all 3 to the jobs.

At least Darren Sheridan played football at a decent standard, unlike our last (Fletcher Appointed/ Eddie Howe Assisted signing) Chief Scout whose only experience was Championship Manager.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 9:24 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

At least Darren Sheridan played football at a decent standard, unlike our last (Fletcher Appointed/ Eddie Howe Assisted signing) Chief Scout whose only experience was Championship Manager.

true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 9:27 am

I hope that McCarthy is a better coach then he was a player.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 9:40 am

GOB wrote:

Admit I was never a fan but a strike rate of 1 in 3 over 600 games is not to be sniffed at. Would kill for it now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 9:45 am

Pokesdown wrote:
GOB wrote:

Admit I was never a fan but a strike rate of 1 in 3 over 600 games is not to be sniffed at. Would kill for it now.

Yes fair enough, I just found him a lazy player but there were/are far worse at HP.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 9:57 am

Didn't think he was that bad as a player actually,did well for us in his first spell at second tier level and earned himself a move which eventually saw him in the premier league.Vies with Robbie Turner as the best player with his elbows ever to grace HP-saw him inflict some high class nose injuries, including spectacularly pole axing Coughlan one minute after coming on as sub for Exeter.Don't know much about his coaching- i think he worked with Jewell quite a lot during his rather mixed managerial career.Don't know much about Dazza Shezza either-such appointmnts will always have the nepotism stigma but looks more promising than the other guy that Shezza booted out.Proof of the pudding and all that,good luck to them all anyway.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 10:59 am

Blimey things are moving nicely. Getting rid of the absolute shite we've had to put up with over the last few years, nice one Shezza! I'm not saying we're gonna win the league but a comfortable mid table finish would do me after the last 5 years or so
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 11:10 am

GOB wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:
GOB wrote:

Yes fair enough, I just found him a lazy player but there were/are far worse at HP.

Barney Ronay used this line when describing Andy Carroll but could equally be used for Sean Mc.

Quote :
Carroll here was employed by Liverpool as a kind of human missile, in much the same way the carcass of a dead ox might be catapulted beyond the castle walls during a medieval siege.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 1:10 pm

I was expecting one of Wright or Crossley but these lot could be just as good.

No idea on McCarthy's abilities as a coach so I'll have to trust in Shez on that one. Nepotism for D. Sheridan? Well, if JS believes he can do the job well enough and can strike up a good enough working relationship then I'm happy enough. Worth noting that we are now one of only three (I believe) League Two sides who actually have a former professional footballer as chief scout. The last guy was more like the rule and this guy more like the exception. Still if he's good enough that's all I care about and I'm sure he will be.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 1:58 pm

Ronay is wasted on football, Pokes.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
swampy

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 2:49 pm

Good appointments in my book after the inexperience we have had to put up with recently. don't buy the old nepotism argument with his brother myself. He is an experienced player at all levels, probably based in a soccer hotspot, they obviously talk football all the time, the bloke has managed at Conference level and I'm sure he knows exactly what sort of players and qualities his brother is looking for. If you can't trust your brother who can you trust.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 3:12 pm

GreenSam wrote:

No idea on McCarthy's abilities as a coach so I'll have to trust in Shez on that one. Nepotism for D. Sheridan? Well, if JS believes he can do the job well enough and can strike up a good enough working relationship then I'm happy enough. Worth noting that we are now one of only three (I believe) League Two sides who actually have a former professional footballer as chief scout. The last guy was more like the rule and this guy more like the exception. Still if he's good enough that's all I care about and I'm sure he will be.

sam you would be happy if john appointed his aunt in that role at the end of the day. If anything im more against mcCarthy's appointment than his.

Anyone who hires a family member into roles at their workplace i am wary off and that's through personal experience and argyle too no matter how good they are i just dont like it. but again i welcome all 3 and hope they do well.

Little shocked Tommy Wright and Mark Crossley didnt come here but i guess the budget didnt allow them to be hired.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 3:38 pm

Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

sam you would be happy if john appointed his aunt in that role at the end of the day. If anything im more against mcCarthy's appointment than his.

Anyone who hires a family member into roles at their workplace i am wary off and that's through personal experience and argyle too no matter how good they are i just dont like it. but again i welcome all 3 and hope they do well.

Little shocked Tommy Wright and Mark Crossley didnt come here but i guess the budget didnt allow them to be hired.
Trust me I wouldn't!

According to someone on Pasoti who works with Crossley's sister, he has personal issues keeping him up north. No idea about Wright. The one thing we certainly agree on is that I hope they do well. The nepotism thing does seem a bit dodgy I guess but if he is a good man for the job and easy to work with then meh, I won't get too worked up about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 6:32 pm

Not impressed by the coaching set up it smacks of local and cheap, sean mccarthy who i rated as a player was coach of the worse ipswich team for donkeys years, shezza gives a job to his bro dazza and some old geezer is the fitness coach! i think bottom three is far more likely than top three.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 6:46 pm

lol! will you ever have suffered enough?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 6:50 pm

Iggy wrote:
lol! will you ever have suffered enough?
To be honest iggy i'm not a miserable cnut in real life, but argyle at the minute is a lame fookin duck.lol!
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 9:05 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Not impressed by the coaching set up it smacks of local and cheap, sean mccarthy who i rated as a player was coach of the worse ipswich team for donkeys years, shezza gives a job to his bro dazza and some old geezer is the fitness coach! i think bottom three is far more likely than top three.

Sean McCarthy is a proven coach, so hardly local and cheap, as for him being with the worst Ipswich team, remember John Carver coach with a relagated Argyle, didnt do to bad after leaving did he. As for that old geezer, an experianced fitness coach with a good reputation!, not to be sniffed at, and Darren Sheridan played in the Prem and Championship, so im sure he's capable of finding a few players for us.

All your posts are the same, just slag Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 9:19 pm

125+1 wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

Sean McCarthy is a proven coach, so hardly local and cheap, as for him being with the worst Ipswich team, remember John Carver coach with a relagated Argyle, didnt do to bad after leaving did he. As for that old geezer, an experianced fitness coach with a good reputation!, not to be sniffed at, and Darren Sheridan played in the Prem and Championship, so im sure he's capable of finding a few players for us.

Im not sold on McCarthy to be honest but i am open to see how he does here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 10:10 pm

125+1 wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

While they are crap with a crap owner i will continue to slag them off.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 6:42 am

Who ate all the pies

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 10:13 am

Dougie wrote:
Who ate all the pies

he was a fat bastard back in the day... i see he has lost some weight while being a coach thats a good thing nothing more patronizing than being coached by a fat bastard in sport.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Backroom Staff Appointed   New Backroom Staff Appointed Empty

Back to top Go down

New Backroom Staff Appointed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next