Peggy
Tgwu
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 7:14 am

He used to be 'wonderful' to many online fans. The pendulum appears to be swinging, as predicted.

As soon as he gained the seal of approval from the self promoting ones, it was obvious what he was up to.

'Keep the Avivas under control and you will inherit the kingdom, once I've made my money and scarpered.'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 8:26 am

I can't see Mr Brent dropping the development plans completely. Too much is riding on it for that. IF the plans are turned down, they will return with amendments to the contentious bits. Isn't that how planning applications usually work?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 9:28 am

Brent won't go anywhere. At some stage the development will go ahead in some form and James Brent will do very nicely out of it thank you. very much.

I doubt very much that he expects the development to go ahead with the current plans and he'll have a plan b and probably a plan c where he might have to trim some of his profits to get this over the line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 9:39 am

Greenjock wrote:
Brent won't go anywhere. At some stage the development will go ahead in some form and James Brent will do very nicely out of it thank you. very much.

I doubt very much that he expects the development to go ahead with the current plans and he'll have a plan b and probably a plan c where he might have to trim some of his profits to get this over the line.

Plus a promise to PCC planning department to throw in a community centre or two if planning consent is given. Isn't that historically how planning works?albino
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 9:43 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
The one thing to add to the above is the what if it gets stopped and none of it happens.    Nothing left in it for Brent and some people might get their wish that he just fecks off.     With nothing left of value it would be interesting times for the football side.     The theory that there is somebody out there better would be tested that's for sure and my only hope is that it is true and others want to take a punt at running the club because the alternative is not worth thinking about.    That isn't an opinion that Brent is wonderful by the way because he is far from that before that charge is levelled.

That's a valid point Sensible and I have thought about it, yes. I think there are several considerations to be made when opposing this development and many priorities.

1) Do I want to see a hotel, cinema and fast food outlets at Central Park? - This is a very huge "No" for me. I don't mind having developments in this corner of Central Park but it must be suitable for the Park. A hotel, cinema and fast food outlets are just not acceptable, they belong in the centre of the City.

2) Is it worth having a hotel, cinema and fast food outlets if it means that PAFC survive? - Again a very big "No" for me. If we were to agree to this blackmail attempt then we just as well hand over the very few parks and public spaces that we have to the likes of Brent to make their fortunes. The generations before us have taken care to hand us the public spaces and parks and it's our responsibility to hand those over to the generations that follow us.

3) Will opposing the developments of the cinema, hotel and fast food outlets threaten the future of PAFC? - Very possibly but I would sooner support a Club playing on a Council pitch in the lowest league then accept something that's been provided by blackmail.

4) The grandstand - I have read the debate from those that want to give the green light to the present development proposal and it's gone something like this...

"Blue Square football wouldn't be bad for us"

"We must be realistic; we will never reach the Premier anyway"

"We can expand the other three sides when we reach the Premier"

"We can relocate"

The debate has gone from desperate to very desperate, it's hardly been persuading. Realistically and logically I do not believe that the three remaining sides can be extended with recognition of financial viability or logistics. The relocating of the Club is also unrealistic in a City that simply doesn't have the land or, the desire.

Will the Club ever reach the Premier? - Highly unlikely in my lifetime but there has always been one quality that has retained my Argyle interest and that's been "hope". Having considered the above scenarios for a future in the Premier I have concluded that none of them are realistic and therefore I have no understanding of how a successful future for the Club can be obtained using the present Akkeron proposals.

Peter Jones, Tudor Evans and Vivien Pengelly are all on record stating that a successful football club is vital to the economy for the City of Plymouth. A successful Club in a Home Park with a 16,000 capacity that would only be large enough to attract fans from the local area is hardly going to boost the Plymouth economy, in fact any income by way of rent, Business Tax etc. would hardly be enough to keep the area around the stadium clean and tidy or well maintained. A successful Club with one of the smallest stadiums in the country may well turn out to be a drain and a burden for the Council Tax payer.

However, a successful Club with a capacity that is large enough to attract visitors from outside of the City would indeed be a boost to the local economy and as history has proven time and again, our Cornish cousins come in their thousands when the Club has shown a hint of success in the past and this has provided a huge boost to the pubs, cafes, bakeries and other local businesses etc. these businesses employ local people that spend their income locally and those businesses pay Tax!

Remember, it will be these “local businesses” that employ “local people” that will not only suffer from a smaller capacity stadium, but they will also lose their income to International fast food chains that hardly pay a penny in tax, is that what we really want?

There is an awful lot to consider but make no mistake, this is a very important decision not just for Plymouth Argyle Football Club, but for local people with local jobs that pay local Council Tax that pays for our local amenities!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 3:00 pm

I wouldn't argue with any of that GOB with maybe one exception. Club survival. I cannot contemplate it not surviving even if I don't think at any price as a good option or one I'd want morally. The only thing you didn't mention was "somebody else out there who wants to take a punt at running the club". I'd have my doubts about that but would hope to god it was wrong if it came to that point.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 4:05 pm

Maybe he could win the fans over by putting the money into re team of the development was stopped.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 7:45 pm

Well said Gob
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 5:41 pm

No trouble this time Mr knecht

Just a reminder: Mike smith

The next meeting for Friends of Central Park is on Tuesday 9th July.

The meeting will be at Plymouth Methodist Central Hall, Drake Circus PL1 1BA (opposite Marks and Spencers)

There is parking at the venue (pre-booked for this session)

The meeting will be in the youth area which is around the back of the building (walk around from the right as you look at the front from the car park)

For anyone with disabilities there is a small rear car park which you enter from the gate (always open) at the side of the building, opposite the derelict Good Companions Pub and behind the Voodoo Lounge, left off Mayflower Street. There is disabled access then into the youth area.

There will be refreshments at 7pm and the meeting will officially start at 7.30pm

Everyone who would like to be part of this group is welcome. Please pass this on to those who you know might be interested or let me know anyone who doesn't receive this who should.

Thanks,

Veronica
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 6:45 pm

blimey it'll be tahir square mark 2 !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 6:56 pm

So what is the betting that Brent the Evil Tapeworm will organize his street thugs to rumble the meeting? whats the contingency plan?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 7:24 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
So what is the betting that Brent the Evil Tapeworm will organize his street thugs to rumble the meeting? whats the contingency plan?

We ambush his ambush and have landmines planted and armed drones patrolling the skies cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 7:39 pm

a mass drop of white feathers !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 8:03 pm

Greenjock wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

We ambush his ambush and have landmines planted and armed drones patrolling the skies cheers 

Ill make a general out of you yet
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 8:50 pm

I wonder if I dare make an appearance this time Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 9:42 pm

mannameadbabe wrote:
I wonder if I dare make an appearance this time Twisted Evil 

Please do
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 10:04 pm

No point staying away, we all know your name now, cheers jon.
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 10:07 pm

Razz 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 9:35 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
The underlying complaint on here is because it is Brent and the usual suspects are supporting it.    If it was anyone else, taking apart the disappointment of size which males usually are, then the objections wouldn't be anywhere near.    That's opinion by the way but it is an educated guess given the spleens being vented over everything that happens whatever it is.

The most reasoned response that I can make to that is that it is bullshit, I have complained about many large schemes, not all in Plymouth. As for objecting for the sake of it, you are objecting to the objectors just because you like to wind people up (which must be genetic) or because you just like dog shit?scratch 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 10:24 am

I objected officially. Is that 'genetic'. feck'off Iggy. Your post is 'bullshit' too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 10:46 am

I reckon we should ban hairy for being a multi, I mean has anyone ever seen Hairy and his Dad together? albino 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 10:49 am

'Aviva' is a generic term for small minded janners.

Some are dim. Some ore devious. Some are omnipotent. All are Aviva.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:02 am

Ok then, but by sensibles logic all the Pasoti avivas only support the development for the same reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:43 am

Tringreen wrote:
'Aviva' is a generic term for small minded janners.

Some are dim. Some ore devious. Some are omnipotent. All are Aviva.

What's the term for an elderly ex-pat who's a bit of a mental? It's lucky they did that advert as you'd have to think of a really funny put down yourself - you massive Cypri-prat. Yeahhhhhhhhh!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:48 am

See what I mean ?  

Kick him in the shins Iggy lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TFOCP needs your help   TFOCP needs your help - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

TFOCP needs your help
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next