Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me Empty
PostSubject: Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me   Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 10:03 am

In my life there have been certain moments that have left me questioning...Why me?

He are just 3:

1. Many years ago I was on an overseas conference to Rio and the Company I worked for had charted a few large yachts to take us to an island of the Brasil Coast. Now I am not a shirter by rights but had actually bought a City shirt for the first time and was wearing it on the yacht. Not everyone on board worked for the Company and my wife pointed out a bloke standing near one of the sales and said he looked like he was wearing an Argyle T shirt.

No way, surely this isnt right, so I went up to the bloke (older than me) and started talking to him....on his white T shirt were the words "PAFC...League 1 ( I think, could have been League 2) Champions. So in my one moment of glory, wearing a City shirt thousands of miles away it was ruined....could this bloke even have been Ian Newell?

2. Working for the same Company I had to assess some existing staff at a hotel in Nottingham. A video 2 hour role play assessment they had to pass to retain their right to remain employed. So it was important correct records were kept and I had evidence to ensure if someone failed it was fare. 2 people entered the room and one (male) was all cocky and asked where I came from and when I said Exeter, he lifted up his jumper to reveal an Argyle shirt thinking I would like it...I told him I was a big City fan and he realised he made a mistake by my reaction. The bloke was crap and I was happy to fail him, the little shit. 

The tw@t didn't fail on that occasion, because some other dozy tw@t forgot to press record.

3. Lastly and more recently (yesterday)...my neighbours 14 year old son was playing football in his back garden and came up to me and started talking and to my amazement he was wearing a new Argyle training top. He is being assessed by the Argyle youth set up...my normal reaction would have been to ask him to remove the offending shirt from view, instead I wished him well.

God is taking the piss out of me
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me   Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 10:14 am

If you are on any sort of boat it is odds on that there will be a Plymouthian aboard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me   Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 10:15 am

To be fair, can you really blame God?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me   Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 10:33 am

pepsipete wrote:
If you are on any sort of boat it is odds on that there will be a Plymouthian aboard.

fair point Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me   Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 10:42 am

GOB wrote:
To be fair, can you really blame God?

I have to point the finger at someone or something Gob to make some sense out these strange events.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me   Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 11:31 am

I think it's more a case of "we're here, we're there, we're every fckin where, Argyo, Argyo..."

I feel your pain to an extent though Red, - guess where my seafaring Naval neighbour hails from?Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me   Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 11:32 am

God isn't taking the piss, RS, he just hates you.Very Happy Don't worry thought mate - he hates me also.What a Face
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me   Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 11:36 am

Person Of Interest wrote:
God isn't taking the piss, RS, he just hates you.Very Happy Don't worry thought mate - he hates me also.What a Face

POI, off topic, but are you actually in Boulder ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me   Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 11:53 am

Even your cat is disappointed with you Tis.

Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me Nerd-with-cat-photo-u1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me   Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 2:29 pm

hairy j wrote:
Even your cat is disappointed with you Tis.

Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me Nerd-with-cat-photo-u1

That is the only pussy that guy will ever get.

Hairy, be careful with your internet searches...GCHQ are watching
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me   Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me Empty

Back to top Go down

Is God Taking the Piss Out of Me
Page 1 of 1