Chemical Ali
argyledj
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
argyledj

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 1:48 pm

the replay is going to be shown on espn 22nd of november should it be shown with an 18 certificate
Back to top Go down

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:01 pm

Much needed income as well £67 grand for the televised game and a further £18k IF we get past the glassboys.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:06 pm

It'll be dagenham and redbridge (when they were non-league) all over again Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:31 pm

Good news on the cash for staff front at the very least.

Didn't D&R celebrate one of their goals with some metal detector routine?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 3:21 pm

Thank f*** I don't subscribe to ESPN
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 3:48 pm

Freathy wrote:

Priceless ! lol!
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 3:55 pm

Freathy wrote:

But your not an Argyle fan , so its no bother to you anyway.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 3:58 pm

125+1 wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Ha ha ! Been to more dark places with Argyle than you I daresay. Just pissed off with our shambles of a club and the thick, self styled superfans who rule the roost and prolong the agony and embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 4:57 pm

Should get back from work in time for kick off. With a very early start the following morning that usually means alcohol - to send me off to an early than normal sleep. so whilst hopefully we'll put them to the sword, if it's as bad a horror show as Saturday sounded the flip side means I can use it as a free natural aneasthetic/depressant.

Argyle win = happy.

Argyle embarassment = sound asleep but a good bottle or four of Henry Westons saved in the process.

Perfick.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 5:40 pm

125+1 wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Just fed up with from being Championship high fliers 4 years ago under Ian Holloway to being the No1 basket case joke club of the century sat miles adrift at the bottom of the 4th division getting stuffed home and away every week. And all because of one cretinous individual. Did you trust in him? We will lose convincingly to Stourbridge because we are extremely shit and they are less shit. This televised humiliation will be an embarrasment to normal Argyle fans but I'm sure those Avivas who clearly don't know what embarrasment is will either be at Stourbridge or plonked infront of the telly.

Enjoy! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 5:44 pm

<sniff> <sniff> oooohhhh they can smell an upset! Good luck v Daggers in Round 2 too lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 6:09 pm

125+1 wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Oh come on 125, it made me laugh. Cheer up ! Gallows humour is the stock in trade of an Argyle fan ... it's traditional.
Back to top Go down

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 6:58 pm

More chance of hell freezing over then us winning this one..i am going to put money on us to lose, if were going to be shit i might as well make some money on it in the process.
Back to top Go down

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:57 pm

Freathy wrote:

I have secured a dodgy ESPN feed link for us online Freathy.
By the way thats you with the beard behind me in the photo, I have cleared it with Nurse Ratched medication time is being moved so we freaks can all take the game in jocolor
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:59 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I have secured a dodgy ESPN feed link for us online Freathy.
By the way thats you with the beard behind me in the photo, I have cleared it with Nurse Ratched medication time is being moved so we freaks can all take the game in jocolor

lol! This place is getting better.

Freaksville !
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 8:49 pm

Freathy wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Just fed up with from being Championship high fliers 4 years ago under Ian Holloway to being the No1 basket case joke club of the century sat miles adrift at the bottom of the 4th division getting stuffed home and away every week. And all because of one cretinous individual. Did you trust in him? We will lose convincingly to Stourbridge because we are extremely shit and they are less shit. This televised humiliation will be an embarrasment to normal Argyle fans but I'm sure those Avivas who clearly don't know what embarrasment is will either be at Stourbridge or plonked infront of the telly.

Enjoy! jocolor

Only people like you think Argyle are a joke mate. There is alot of sympathy for the club and fans in the football world. You keep spouting Avivas but those aviva fans, dont choose to support the club when the goings good, they support the club through thick and thin, thats whats supporting your club is all about. Good times and bad times come and go, weve had a few good times in the last 10 years, now we face the bleak times and thats when the club needs its fans more and more. As for being miles adrift at the bottom, 5 points from safety is hardly miles is it, and FL safety is all that matters this season, if we finished 3rd from bottom that would do me under the circumstances. Then with a settled pre-season, a rebuild, we can look to move out of this league or at least challenge.

This season was always going to be a nightmare thanks to Heaney and P&A, Brent can really do alot as we are out of the transfer window, and with limited loans allowed players have to be chosen carefully, i still think we will scrape to safety, but it will be close, but if we go down, i will still support my club.
Back to top Go down

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:02 pm

125+1 wrote:
Brent can really do alot as we are out of the transfer window, and with limited loans allowed players have to be chosen carefully,

Well Very Happy I've heard it all now 125.
Waddaya mean Brent can't do anything ? Yes he can.... and what are the 7 and 28 day plans ? .... menu ideas for the business lounge ?
They've had months of chatting over contingency lattees while Heaney/Ridsdale ran riot. Brent is a multi millionaire, he has saved himself a lot of money by not buying the club in June. Half amillion over and above the budgeted losses will easily stave off relegation in this league. There has never been such a surfeit of players without club, it isn't just loans that are an option.
The truth is Brent's football 'advisors' have told him we're only a couple of players away from mid table... that's where the log jamb really lies, and they're too busy cosying up and crossing their fingers.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:05 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Brent can really do alot as we are out of the transfer window, and with limited loans allowed players have to be chosen carefully,

Well Very Happy I've heard it all now 125.
Waddaya mean Brent can't do anything ? Yes he can.... and what are the 7 and 28 day plans ? .... menu ideas for the business lounge ?
They've had months of chatting over contingency lattees while Heaney/Ridsdale ran riot. Brent is a multi millionaire, he has saved himself a lot of money by not buying the club in June. Half amillion over and above the budgeted losses will easily stave off relegation in this league. There has never been such a surfeit of players without club, it isn't just loans that are an option.
The truth is Brent's football 'advisors' have told him we're only a couple of players away from mid table... that's where the log jamb really lies.

Do you really think he's actually listening to them Pirate ?
Back to top Go down

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:14 pm

I'm sure he's listening to Ridsdale ... what the hell does he know about a good player on a budget ? sweet FA.
I'm sure he listened to a harmony of Janners over interminable coffee mornings. The upshot was probably "James ... trust in Pasoti"
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:20 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
I'm sure he's listening to Ridsdale ... what the hell does he know about a good player on a budget ? sweet FA.
I'm sure he listened to a harmony of Janners over interminable coffee mornings. The upshot was probably "James ... trust in Pasoti"

Bleddyell !
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:02 pm

125+1 wrote:
Freathy wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Enjoy! jocolor

Only people like you think Argyle are a joke mate. There is alot of sympathy for the club and fans in the football world. You keep spouting Avivas but those aviva fans, dont choose to support the club when the goings good, they support the club through thick and thin, thats whats supporting your club is all about. Good times and bad times come and go, weve had a few good times in the last 10 years, now we face the bleak times and thats when the club needs its fans more and more. As for being miles adrift at the bottom, 5 points from safety is hardly miles is it, and FL safety is all that matters this season, if we finished 3rd from bottom that would do me under the circumstances. Then with a settled pre-season, a rebuild, we can look to move out of this league or at least challenge.

This season was always going to be a nightmare thanks to Heaney and P&A, Brent can really do alot as we are out of the transfer window, and with limited loans allowed players have to be chosen carefully, i still think we will scrape to safety, but it will be close, but if we go down, i will still support my club.

Oh my gawd,what an over reaction.I'll spout my credentials-47 years a fan,my blood relatives supporters since 1920,blah,blah,blah.Didn't stop me from finding Freathy's comment funny,though.Bit like the old guy who used to play the last post or the disaffected Janner saying "they don't come and see me when i'm bad",as PP said,a bit of gallows humour.In the modern idiom,just chill out mate,or you'll do yourself a mischief.

BTW,on a more serious note,are you saying that bad times automatically follow good times and that this status quo should be accepted by Argyle supporters? Seems to me as if quite a lot of clubs,such as Blackpool,Swansea,Hull etc,who started their good times after our good times don't seem to have had much trouble in sustaining and,indeed,improving on them.Just wondering what your take on this would be.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:16 am

125+1 wrote:
As for being miles adrift at the bottom, 5 points from safety is hardly miles is it

Are you serious?? Look at the calender. It's almost December. The business end of the season looms large. A team as shit as Argyle 5 points adrift is not a good place to be. I know you're one of these who thinks we're only one or two new players from being a good team but we aint. We're 11 new players away from being a good team and 5-6 players away from being an ordinary 4th division team capable of competing in this dog shit division. Without significant investment from brent NOW we will be so far adrift in January that only one relegation place will be left for the other teams to worry about.

If (when) we're relegated it will be such a catastrophic blow to the club it may never recover. Relegation out of the football league, despite what you think, is not being 'saved'. I know you'll still be there along with the small collection of superfans but a whole generation of fans will turn their backs on the club. Argyle is now seen as a joke club which is why so many kids wear premiership shirts. Four years ago there were loads of young lads wearing Argyle shirts around town because there was something to excite them. Sadly, instead of seizing the moment and pushing on the outclassed *****wallet, fully supported by the above mentioned superfans, got greedy and dismantled one of the best sides we've ever had. Very sad.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:32 am

I've missed this................................ All we need is greengenes to sign up and the balance will be perfect !
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:35 am

Tringreen wrote:
I've missed this................................ All we need is greengenes to sign up and the balance will be perfect !

Your obsession with Pasoti, Ian Newell and greengenes is petty and pathetic. You're not an Argyle fan, you simply use it as a platform to irk nonsense at the people who have worked hard to save OUR (can't believe I'm saying that) club. If you are jealous then please just say, jealousy is human nature.
Back to top Go down

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:46 am

To be fair, I've never seen him mention Greengenes before lol!

Anyway, Arch can you send that dodgy link please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

espn 22 november Empty
PostSubject: Re: espn 22 november   espn 22 november Empty

Back to top Go down

espn 22 november
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next