To commemorate the Battle of Cambrai, Channel 4 commissioned the motorcycle racer and TV presenter Guy Martin, to put together a team of experts to attempt to recreate an exact working replica of a MKIV tank. Guy has already made a number of engineering-based documentaries including ‘Last Flight of the Vulcan Bomber’ and ‘Guy Martin’s Spitfire’ and this documentary follows a similar format.
In addition to the MKIV, the programme will also feature CR2. Guy spent the day with the RTR’s Ajax Squadron in Tidworth and the film shows him interacting with the crew before deploying onto SPTA.
The documentary gave us the opportunity to educate and inform the public about the role of a tank regiment in the modern Army and also:
• Shows the advances in technology in equipment and weaponry.
• Promotes our STEM credentials.
• Highlights the challenges and opportunities the Army offers young people from all backgrounds.
• Promotes the Army as a ‘life less ordinary’.
• Reinforces the messages contained in the ‘Belonging’ recruitment campaign.
The show, a two-hour special, airs on Channel 4, on Sunday 19 November at 8pm.