Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Premiership, you're having a laugh!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Premiership, you're having a laugh! Empty
PostSubject: Premiership, you're having a laugh!   Premiership, you're having a laugh! EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:27 am

So after 18 months of fan consultation we finally find the capacity of the ground, 16388. That would give us the 51st smallest ground in English football, and place at 11th in league 1, pretty well mid table. 
There would be no Premiership teams with a smaller ground.
There would be 3 CCC teams above us with smaller grounds, Yeovil, Bournmouth and Donny, I think we all know it will be a miracle if any of them are safely mid table come Christmas.
If we did make it to the CCC we would be in the last four one above the relegation places.
But don't worry we are told, by the time we are in the CCC we will have up to £2m extra to spend derived from non match day income.
If we have 600 corporate seats with 100% occupancy we need an average net yes that's net profit of £128 per customer! You would need an average gross spend of nearly £300 per customer, and that's if you believe that we are going to sell 600 corporate seats on a rainy Tuesday night against Scunny? You have to remember that it is EXTRA INCOME we are talking about, not the pasties, beer and tickets we sell now which will obviously be lower than when we had 3500 extra seats to sell before Brent.
What about the horseshoe expansion though I hear you cry?
I haven't heard anybody with any experience in these matters that thinks its feasible or economically viable.
Brent is telling us the model he is following is to make Plymouth Argyle a CCC team by driving the team forward off the back of non match day income, I would be interested to know which of my figures is flawed and why, the only argument without any flaws at the moment is the just get it built one, those people obviously don't worry about the future and are happy pootling about at the lower leagues, well they don't represent me.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Premiership, you're having a laugh!   Premiership, you're having a laugh! EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 12:01 pm

Iggy wrote:
by the time we are in the CCC we will have up to £2m extra to spend derived from non match day income.

Should you ever get there the bunce money would be a lot more than 2 Bar plus your turnover would be nearer 7 Bar than the current than the current 3.

The major issue would be the money needed to push the team on, an extra few Bar spent on the ground now would certainly not help then, whereas a sell out 16k crowd, cheering on a winning team, in an atmospheric, tight stadium might actually make the difference.

Feck, got caught up in the dream there for second, fortunately none of it is happening, God don't hate me that much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Premiership, you're having a laugh!   Premiership, you're having a laugh! EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 12:05 pm

Some people scoff when you talk about having ambitions of reaching the Premier League one day under Brent you can see why.

This league should be a walk in the park to climb out of yet we have statements flying around from the club about having the best ground in League 2 when the development is finished, in eighteen months time!

If we made the play-off final this season coming there would be around 35,000 Argyle fans going, loads of glory-hunting plastics eh fatty? And towards the end of the season and in the play-off semis we would sell out Home Park. The only problem is that if the plans have been given the green light it will be too late to do anything about them if Mr Brent does suddenly realise that his quivering lip doesn't help with the too small stand.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Premiership, you're having a laugh!   Premiership, you're having a laugh! EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 12:45 pm

Greenjock wrote:

If we made the play-off final this season coming there would be around 35,000 Argyle fans going,

Banter aside Jock, do you really see it?

Strikes me you have got about as much happening as we have ref the team development, without Curo's goals we could easily struggle, I have seen nothing happening down your way to suggest you will be any better than last season, in fact all three Deb'n sides could be contesting with the dross to avoid the dreaded. Not a given by any means, but far more likely imho than any of us challenging at the other end of the table.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Premiership, you're having a laugh!   Premiership, you're having a laugh! EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 1:15 pm

Given the time that Brent wasted on Fletch and Chadders and co. I have to agree with you on next season, next season will be a team building one, hopefully with an upper mid table finish, not only would playoffs be a massive overachievement we wouldn't have the strength in depth to kick on. Having said that we have the right manager in place and as long as he doesn't get too disillusioned with Brent then next year I expect us to hit the ground running.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Premiership, you're having a laugh!   Premiership, you're having a laugh! EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:05 pm

No I don't see us being anywhere near the play-offs with our squad at the moment.

If Sheridan gets 4 quality signings in before the kick off I might change my mind but right now it's last season's squad but under a good manager. I don't see that Sheridan can turn them into winners.

We'll do better than the last two seasons but mid table at best.

That'll be enough for many who will just be relieved not to be battling the drop. For me Argyle should be challenging for promotion with our income and the manager we have.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Premiership, you're having a laugh!   Premiership, you're having a laugh! EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 5:47 pm

It's obviously not just me that has Lord Tisdale on ignore!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Premiership, you're having a laugh!   Premiership, you're having a laugh! EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:22 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
It's obviously not just me that has Lord Tisdale on ignore!

Shirley somebody can explain the point of this donkey's post?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Premiership, you're having a laugh!   Premiership, you're having a laugh! EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:42 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

If we made the play-off final this season coming there would be around 35,000 Argyle fans going,

Banter aside Jock, do you really see it?

Strikes me you have got about as much happening as we have ref the team development, without Curo's goals we could easily struggle, I have seen nothing happening down your way to suggest you will be any better than last season, in fact all three Deb'n sides could be contesting with the dross to avoid the dreaded. Not a given by any means, but far more likely imho than any of us challenging at the other end of the table.
brent is investing no money in a shight team with zero quality, another relegation battle is assured.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Premiership, you're having a laugh!   Premiership, you're having a laugh! Empty

Back to top Go down

Premiership, you're having a laugh!
Page 1 of 1