Dingle
Argyle Fans' Trust
Damon.Lenszner
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:27 am

Brent's development can only succeed if the Club fails. If the Club should fluke a degree of success and experience larger crowds combined with the crowds from the hotel, cinema and ice rink etc. it would create traffic carnage. Hence why Brent does not want to build a half decent grandstand, it would be a disaster for his profit from the other developments.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:36 am

Angry wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:
I'm informed that an Event Specific Plan could include things like police control of traffic or specific junctions. Could include diversions for some traffic and could even include one off closures of the ice rink and / or cinema. Although this would be unusual.

Edited to add.

Where does this leave Argyle in the future? Any large expansion of Home Park would surely need major traffic improvements somewhere.

Beyond the new stand not much if any improvements can be made. Outland road cant cope now with traffic so god knows what that area is going to be like once all the work is done mayhem no doubt.

Quite. Let's not forget it's the main route for ambulances heading for Derriford from a sizeable area of Plymouth, as well as those coming off the Torpoint Ferry, and there are already times of day when those ambulances have difficulty moving through the traffic.

If it were simply (simply!) a matter of Home Park being bigger, the traffic considerations wouldn't be as great, because the additional traffic would only be on Saturday afternoons and the odd Tuesday night - times when the road is otherwise fairly quiet. But add traffic for the cinema, hotel, ice rink etc to that for the Life Centre, and you're talking yet another regular bottleneck.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:04 am

Congestion on matchdays in the surrounding area has been a fact of life for local residents for generations.  The prospect of constant delays and parking in residential streets caused by visitors to HP is another ball game entirely. 

How is the new car park (380?) expected to cope with staff and visitors to the overdevelopment.  And who is going to pay NCP rates to go shopping, visit the cinema etc with free parking in the nearby Life Centre carpark.  Or are plans afoot to introduce pay and display meters here?  Is part of the existing park and ride car park being incorporated into the plans for PAFC staff?  

What a pity that Mr Brent and his team didn't include Graham Clark as part of their 'fan involvement' - someone who actually has massive knowledge and experience of both planning regulations and who is also a true Argyle fan.  Maybe that's the problem - he's just too intelligent and articulate.
Back to top Go down

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:08 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Truly depressing...what will be the point

Exactly. 16k? is that what you call ambition, Brent? Pathetic.Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:11 am

Dingle wrote:
Congestion on matchdays in the surrounding area has been a fact of life for local residents for generations.  The prospect of constant delays and parking in residential streets caused by visitors to HP is another ball game entirely. 

How is the new car park (380?) expected to cope with staff and visitors to the overdevelopment.  And who is going to pay NCP rates to go shopping, visit the cinema etc with free parking in the nearby Life Centre carpark.  Or are plans afoot to introduce pay and display meters here?  Is part of the existing park and ride car park being incorporated into the plans for PAFC staff?  

What a pity that Mr Brent and his team didn't include Graham Clark as part of their 'fan involvement' - someone who actually has massive knowledge and experience of both planning regulations and who is also a true Argyle fan.  Maybe that's the problem - he's just too intelligent and articulate.

Also, his allegiance to all things Akkeron simply cannot be BOUGHT with a plate of pork & stuffing sandwiches and a seat in the Directors Box. Privately, this must annoy the fcuk out of Brent and his minions.
Back to top Go down

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:14 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Dingle wrote:

Also, his allegiance to all things Akkeron simply cannot be BOUGHT with a plate of pork & stuffing sandwiches and a seat in the Directors Box. Privately, this must annoy the fcuk out of Brent and his minions.

lol!

Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:19 am

Yea Man wrote:

It's a complete joke.  Whilst teams seen as "smaller" than us are planning for brand new stadiums at 20,000+ capacity

it's time to look over the shoulder at who can catch us.

Wise up FFS, the only people who see these teams as "smaller" than you have a PL postcode and post on here, while the only teams you will be able to look over your shoulder at will be scrapping it out at the top of the Conference.

I know it's like kicking a puppy, but you mugs deserve it.

Embrace the future, the Diddystand and a long road back to being competitive with the Mighty Reds.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:45 am

Sometimes I think it would have been easier to start all over again.  Rebuild the club from bottom to top and not have to be dictated to by "fans" who are prepared to sell us down the river.  It's a shambles.
Not one to agree with a City fan but sadly Lord T is right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:03 am

Tis is the ultimate Aviva, if he keeps this up he will be a shoe in to replace Webb as Pres.
Back to top Go down

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:06 am

The fact that Tis is in favour of the plans must show that if our rivals want us to have tin pot stadium it can be no good for Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:36 am

Iggy wrote:
The fact that Tis is in favour of the plans must show that if our rivals want us to have tin pot stadium it can be no good for Argyle.

I'm not in favour of it Iggy Piggy, I would far rather you were stuck with the crumbling wreck of the Mayflower, and before you say it, yes, it is better than half our ground, I just fail to see, despite your delusions of grandeur, why so many of you are looking this particular gift horse in the mouth when without Brent and Nikk you wouldn't have the proverbial pot to take a piss in.

A nice ground doesn't get you into the Chumpionship and it certainly doesn't get you any higher than that, to wit, Yeovil and Brighton.

A good manager, a great set of players all playing for the shirt and each other, good support and a general will to give it a go are what you need. Should you get to the promised land, which is by no means a given any time in the next decade, then the money available would mean issues of expansion of Gnome Park could easily be resolved.

Your focus is all wrong, and if you will excuse me, both subjective and petty, you all need to get over yourselves and get behind what you have got instead of bitching about what you might have had or where you might be heading in a more perfect world.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:48 am

See I agreed before about us have delusions of grandeur, but now you're talking shit Lord Tisdale.  It's clear we can't expand based on these current plans.  This isn't a gift horse it's a pile of horse shit.
Back to top Go down

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:52 am

A pile of shit hemmed in by shops, schools and dentists.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 12:07 pm

Chingers wrote:
See I agreed before about us have delusions of grandeur, but now you're talking shit Lord Tisdale.  It's clear we can't expand based on these current plans.  This isn't a gift horse it's a pile of horse shit.

Chingers, you need to achieve summat before you need to expand the ground, unless of course you have money to burn. Just look at the Shard, built for the future no doubt, but if it wasn't for the bottomless pockets of the Camel Jockeys that particular venture would be fubar, in business you have to cut your cloth, fanciful don't work in the real world.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 12:16 pm

Football isn't a normal business though is it.  When a business is doing well they can lease another property maybe in another city or country for that matter.  As a football club we will be hemmed in by all the businesses going up around the ground so in three years time when we're in the Championship (we've been there before remember) there will be no room to expand and we'll be left with a ground too small to sustain expanding wages and back down we'll go to join City.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 12:27 pm

Chingers wrote:
when we're in the Championship

Nearly coughed up me tea then.

You know as well as I do that this dream scenario just ain't on and business is business. the Diddystand fits in with what Brent wants to give up from his retirement fund, it's just so obviously not up for discussion.

It's all about what is actually doable, if the Pig could suck hard enough to get Nikk to fund Brent's retirement and a new Megastand you would be in with a chance, failing that just pucker up to the only gift horse in town and show some grace.
Back to top Go down

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 12:33 pm

Must be sad having to troll another team's site all the time because your own is so shit.

It's like Liverpool fans hijacking a United forum and pointing out that Liverpool have won the League Cup more often. The United fans must be gutted.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 12:52 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Must be sad having to troll another team's site all the time because your own is so shit.

Nah, just filling in a little time while listening to the media whores talk blocks in Oz, and of course it ain't trolling if you are simply calling it as it is.

Have you looked at Euuuuweb lately?

If there was an Aviva fest your extra numbers would be hard pressed to match some of the complete divots on there, at least you have got some miserable fecks on here prepared to have a moan, over there most would be happy for Tw@sdale, Tagg or Perriwinkle to turn up and take a dump on their living room carpet.
Back to top Go down

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:56 pm

No haven't looked on there for ages. I would log in sometimes and be the only one online.
Back to top Go down

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 5:41 pm

Neither Webb or Newell have submitted official comment. I haven't seen an Ian De'Lar on there either. Goy Brunston has though and he's not real but writes in CAPITAL letters.

I can't see this ending well at all. The comment that people have changed their tunes is quite a bizarre one to come out with too and Tony Hooper is claiming a copy and paste offensive by the antis. Firstly, people have changed their tunes as it has moved beyond tub thumping and concept and we now have facts (and those aren't great) and secondly, if there's a campaign going it's being done on Twitter and its a PRO campaign. When have facts been relevent to this basket case of a club though.
Back to top Go down

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:38 pm

No argyle fan should ever accept this mini ground the property developer is trying to dump on the club, nool webb delar fvck off out of our club and take the speccy banker with you! saved my fvcking arse! brent will leave this club with a three sided ground and his toadies will let him do it.
Back to top Go down

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:00 pm

hairy j wrote:
Neither Webb or Newell have submitted official comment. I haven't seen an Ian De'Lar on there either. Goy Brunston has though and he's not real but writes in CAPITAL letters.

I can't see this ending well at all. The comment that people have changed their tunes is quite a bizarre one to come out with too and Tony Hooper is claiming a copy and paste offensive by the antis. Firstly, people have changed their tunes as it has moved beyond tub thumping and concept and we now have facts (and those aren't great) and secondly, if there's a campaign going it's being done on Twitter and its a PRO campaign. When have facts been relevent to this basket case of a club though.

They haven't submitted official comment but they've been sharing around a USB containing names and addresses.

One for the data protection laws there.

Borderline intimidation too.

Not that you'd expect anything less from the co-owner of the website famous for it's abuse of personal info.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:23 pm

When I read those tweets I did wonder about sending them on to some council member or other.  I know it's banter but if one person is put off writing an objection then it is just plain wrong and interfering in due process.

I wonder what, say a union rep would say, if an employer employed such a veiled threat during a strike for example.

Having being left what I considered mildly threaten by a twatted discourse involving the president and reigning in my inane drawings just in case I can certainly see someone being put off from sending in an opinion.
Back to top Go down

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:36 pm

The whole USB thing is clearly a joke to wind people up (if it was true then they are too stupid for words). Both Newell and Webb are in a very privileged position as fans of PAFC. Its a shame they continue to behave in this way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

16,388 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16,388   16,388 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: