3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Joe Back Empty
PostSubject: Joe Back   Joe Back EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:19 am

Joe Kinnear stuns Newcastle fans by returning as director of football

Former manager back at St James' Park on three-year contract
• Veteran denies his appointment undermines Alan Pardew

Joe Kinnear has insisted there are "no issues whatsoever" with Alan Pardew after his surprise appointment as Newcastle United's director of football, a role that apparently includes the final say on incoming and outgoing transfers, appeared to undermine the manager's authority at St James' Park.
In a move that has bewildered supporters on Tyneside, Kinnear confirmed he had signed a three-year contract with the Newcastle owner, Mike Ashley, on Sunday to return to the club where he endured a volatile six-month spell as manager that ended in early 2009 after he suffered health problems. The 66-year-old has been out of the game ever since but, after three weeks of talks with Ashley, has now been recruited as part of a revamp of United's management structure prompted by the team's perilous brush with relegation last season.
Kinnear claimed Pardew, who signed an eight-year contract last September, was "aware of the situation" and hoped the pair can meet up on Monday "over a bit of lunch" to discuss plans for the season ahead. Newcastle flirted with relegation with their resources severely stretched by progress into the Europa Leaguequarter-finals, eventually finishing 16th and five points clear of the cut-off. Kinnear has targeted a top-10 finish next term "at least", and hopes to help the side reach the top six in the next two or three seasons. "I'll sit down with Alan Pardew and talk to him about the strengths, weaknesses and what we need to be successful," said Kinnear. "I know I've got more knowledge than anyone at Newcastle as a football manager.
"That's not being disrespectful to anybody. And I know I will bend over backwards to do the best I possibly can to make Newcastle a better team than they are now. It's glaringly clear where we need to improve, and it'll be my job – my job – to go and buy these players to make Newcastle better. I'm a good judge of players. I've got a bright head, I know a good player when I see one, and can get the right players in for us to be successful. There's no other agenda here. And if I see players at the club right now who are not good enough, then I intend to move them on.
"There are no issues whatsoever [with Pardew]. My job is quite clear: I'm director of football, he's the manager. I'm not picking the team. That's what the manager gets paid to do. I'm there solely to ensure he gets the best possible team out on the pitch. The tactics and the coaching are down to him. If he wants my advice on tactics and ideas, he can ask me. But he's in charge of the team that is put out on the pitch."
Asked who would have the final say on transfers, Kinnear said: "It'll be me. What I'm saying is, between me, Alan and Graham [Carr, the chief scout], we'll sit down and iron it out. If those two decide a player we're looking at is not good enough, my ears will be wide open. It's not a case of 'like it or lump it'. If a close decision is to be made, though, and we're running out of time and it's something we have to do, whether that's adding meat or beef to the team, or pace in wide areas, or someone who can guarantee us 20 goals a season, I will buy those players. I will take that chance once I've clarified that with Alan, that this is for the good of Newcastle.
"I'll assess the transfer kitty with Mike next week once I've sat down with Alan first, find out what is wanted, who can be shifted out of the club – maybe we can get money back if we shift four or five of them – and then look at the targets."
Ashley, who has rarely been afraid of making controversial decisions at Newcastle, first employed the former Wimbledon manager for just over six months during the 2008-09 campaign, a period which ended when Kinnear suffered a heart attack ahead of a game against West Bromwich Albion with the side subsequently relegated in his absence. He won four of his 20 games in charge, enduring a fractious relationship with the local media and generating scepticism from much of the club's support, though the team were not in the relegation zone when he departed. Indeed, the owner, together with the managing director, Derek Llambias, have remained close with the former Republic of Ireland internationalKinnear.
That heart attack was his second, the first having effectively curtailed a successful seven-year stint in charge of Wimbledon in the top flight up to 1999, with Kinnear subsequently employed at Luton and Nottingham Forest before replacing Kevin Keegan at St James' Park in September 2008. "I'm as fit as a fiddle now," he added. "I'm absolutely delighted with the situation. I've been working out in the gym, going for long walks, and I've lost a lot of weight – I'm in the best physical shape I've ever been in.
"I've just been waiting for the opportunity to come back. I've turned down managerial jobs in the lower leagues because I felt I'd gone past that and I wanted to get my teeth into something in the Premier League. This is something I'm looking forward to." Whether Pardew shares that enthusiasm remains to be seen.
Back to top Go down

Joe Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Back   Joe Back EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:56 am

He's short hes fat, he's had an 'eart attack.......
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Joe Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Back   Joe Back EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:19 pm

Pardew on a long expensive contract. Kinnear, who has a very modest managerial record, brought in above his head at a club already apparently riven with infighting and who struggled last year in the league.

What could possibly go wrong!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

Joe Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Back   Joe Back EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 4:06 pm

I see this as a way of Alan Padrew resigning so the club dont have to pay out the full amount the would have too if there were to sack him.
Back to top Go down

Joe Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Back   Joe Back EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:58 am

This is absolute comedy gold.

Quote :
Joe Kinnear - "Derek Llambezee [Derek Llambias, Newcastle's managing director] had resigned as director of football [a position he has never held]and talked about Shola Amenobee, Yohan Kebab and Hatem Ben Afre rather than Shola Ameobi, Yohan Cabaye and Hatem Ben Arfa."

Back to top Go down

Joe Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Back   Joe Back EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:48 am

Very strange appointment. Pardew's just signed a long-term contract and Kinnear sounds like he's stuck in 1975.

If it doesn't work out Ron Atkinson's waiting by the phone.
Back to top Go down

Joe Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Back   Joe Back EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:55 am

Greenjock wrote:
If it doesn't work out Ron Atkinson's waiting by the phone.

As Newcastle have 7 players of muslim faith and an inter-faith prayer room at their training ground that would be pure Alan Partridge. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Joe Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Back   Joe Back EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 12:09 pm

Right 7 a side. Whiteys v Blackies

Then for a treat we're off to a ahem massage parlour, piss up at the races and then a curry to satisfy the moaning bastards who don't want a bacon butty in the morning.
Back to top Go down

Joe Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Back   Joe Back EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 1:32 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down

Joe Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Back   Joe Back EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:06 pm

heard his talksport interview today... jesus wept he his both deluded and a liar. Plus he is still insulting players!! yohann kebab is my fave lol
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Joe Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Back   Joe Back EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:42 pm

Here's Joe involved in some constructive dialogue with the press in his first conference on appointment as Newcastle manager in 2008:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Joe Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Back   Joe Back Empty

Back to top Go down

Joe Back
Page 1 of 1