Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss

Go down 
+2
Mock Cuncher
Lord Tisdale
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss Empty
PostSubject: Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss   Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 2:20 pm

Dave Whelan loves the media
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss   Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 2:30 pm

Cheap option if you ask me.

I doubt we'll see Wigan in the Premier League again.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss   Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 6:32 pm

\"Greenjock wrote:
Cheap option if you ask me.

I doubt we'll see Wigan in the Premier League again."

So, who would you suggest would have been both more expensive and more likely to get them back up?

Coyle was available, thereby unlikely to have been mega expensive, and has two promotions on his cv from the Chumpionship with Notlob and Burnley, two clubs with similar income to, if not less than, Wigan.

This would, imho, be a no-brainer.

I'm shore Jock will be able to explain why Dave, ex pro, massively successful businessman, not to mention multi, multi millionaire, Whelan is so wrong on this one.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss   Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 6:41 pm

He got sacked by Bolton after being relegated, LT.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss   Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 6:52 pm

What would you say Coyle will need to do to prove successful then LT? If it's promotion back to the premier league then I think he's chosen badly.

Happy to be proved wrong though as I don't consider myself a know it all cnut like you.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss   Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 7:17 pm

didnt he win a couple of promotion as a player at falkirk too, or have i the wrong owen coyle. was unlucky last season, having some, unfortunately common now, moaners in the dressing room. that never helps. i rate him, i wish he were with argo
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss   Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 10:38 am

Greenjock wrote:
What would you say Coyle will need to do to prove successful then LT? If it's promotion back to the premier league then I think he's chosen badly.

Happy to be proved wrong though as I don't consider myself a know it all cnut like you.

"Know all cnut", moi?

You appear to be the the one putting it out there, all I asked was for you to explain your rationale, no sign of that as usual, plenty of noise but fook all of worth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss   Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 11:05 am

You don't profess to know it all? Coulda fooled me LT.

I just don't rate Coyle and don't think they will bounce back straight away, nor does my Wigan supporting mate, or according to him most of Wigan's support. Totally underwhelmed was the general consensus.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss   Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:43 am

i presume most of wigans squad is likely to move on with relegation, top 6 finish is most likely. got a feeling leeds & reading may be the top two -leeds 16/1 to win div (each way bet?)
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss   Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 10:01 am

Who knows,if Wigan start on the slide and Whelan doesn't fancy dipping into his pocket much more,they could well end up in their rightful place,playing the likes of Exeter every week.Always thought it was a major injustice that Wigan should be anywhere near the premier league,shitty little club who struck it lucky with Whelan-i remember going there and sliding down the non existent mud "terracing" where the away fans stood and thinking to myself how the feck are Argyle in the same league as this garbage.It's not as if they've really earned their status,unlike someone like Yeovil who truly deserve it.Fingers crossed for their demise,certainly wouldn't be a tear jerker for me if they went back down to the fourth division.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss   Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 10:25 am

Greenskin wrote:
Who knows,if Wigan start on the slide and Whelan doesn't fancy dipping into his pocket much more,they could well end up in their rightful place,playing the likes of Exeter every week.Always thought it was a major injustice that Wigan should be anywhere near the premier league,shitty little club who struck it lucky with Whelan-i remember going there and sliding down the non existent mud "terracing" where the away fans stood and garbathinking to myself how the feck are Argyle in the same league as this ge.It's not as if they've really earned their status,unlike someone like Yeovil who truly deserve it.Fingers crossed for their demise,certainly wouldn't be a tear jerker for me if they went back down to the fourth division.
i have had the same feeling at every away game since aug 2010 lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss   Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 10:49 am

I doubt they'll be signing a load of South Americans again like they have done. Championship football isn't that attractive with no Man Utd and Liverpool et al. They'll get a huge parachute payment and they'll be in Europe next season so they have one chance to get back. Owen Coyle's one of those managers that really doesn't inspire the fanbase and Wigan struggle enough with getting them through the door as it is.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss   Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 1:17 pm

I have been three times to Wigan plus one game that was postponed when I got there (From Chelmsford) and Greenskin is right that horrible muddy bank at Springfield Park was a disgrace as was Argyles performances as getting beat 3-0 on two occasions.
I had to go Greens on Screen for the dates but whilst there just looked at our record against opposing teams.
A bit of trivia (Without looking at GoS) can you name the three football league clubs that we have played most in our history?
I was a bit surprised.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss   Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 1:25 pm

I'll have a stab at Reading, Gillingham and Southend.

I'm pinning my hopes on it being southern teams.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss   Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 1:28 pm

bristol rovers, bournemouth & hull
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss   Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Millwall Rovers and brentford?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss   Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 1:57 pm

Hull, Bristol City & Huddersfield
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss   Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 2:02 pm

Definitely Bristol Rovers for one.The other two were probably clubs that joined the football league with us in 3 South,so i'll go for Millwall and Swansea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss   Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 2:24 pm

Bristol rovers reading swansea.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss   Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 5:56 pm

Greenjock wrote:

I just don't rate Coyle and don't think they will bounce back straight away, nor does my Wigan supporting mate, or according to him most of Wigan's support. Totally underwhelmed was the general consensus.

OMG, invoking Pie Eaters to back up his ridiculous pronouncement, does this man know no shame?

Anyone that follows the standard footy supporters put down of "I just don't fancy him" when the man is eminently qualified for the job he has been given loses all cred in my book, it exemplifies clueless. Coyles new job is to get a boring Northern Shiite club promoted from the Chumps to the Prems, Coyle has done that very same thing twice with two different teams, the club of managers who have done that and are not already in a job is pretty small, duh, making this appointment a no brainer, for of course, anyone with a brain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss   Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 6:15 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

OMG, invoking Pie Eaters to back up his ridiculous pronouncement, does this man know no shame?

Anyone that follows the standard footy supporters put down of "I just don't fancy him" when the man is eminently qualified for the job he has been given loses all cred in my book, it exemplifies clueless. Coyles new job is to get a boring Northern Shiite club promoted from the Chumps to the Prems, Coyle has done that very same thing twice with two different teams, the club of managers who have done that and are not already in a job is pretty small, duh, making this appointment a no brainer, for of course, anyone with a brain.

You're showing yourself up now LT.

Coyle got Burnley promoted from the Championship to the Premier League and fecked off to Bolton, already in the Premier League, at the first opportunity. He then preceded in getting Bolton relegated from the Premier League, but lets not bother about small details like that eh?

Also invoking pue eaters to back up my ridiculous pronouncement? The man's going to manage a bunch of pie eaters after previously managing two other pie eating teams. Maybe that's why I'm basing my judgement on what they say and not some asshole, know it all Exter fan who wouldn't know an awful lot about life outside the basement leagues.

When Coyle was Bolton manager he spent a large chunk of money on over the hill free transfers who couldn't give a toss whether they played or sat on the bench picking up good money the club couldn't really afford.

Bolton are now starting to look a much better side under Dougie Freedman who I do think has something about him as a manager, but obviously I'm happy to be proved wrong if Coyle gets Wigan promoted and Bolton do nothing next season Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss   Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss Empty

Back to top Go down

Owen Coyle the new Wigan Boss
Page 1 of 1