Wigan news

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Wigan news Empty
PostSubject: Wigan news   Wigan news EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 11:55 am

Busy week for Wigan

Wigan take on Bournemouth in a FA cup replay tomorrow, I am hoping for extra time in this one and a long trip down on Friday:P

They are without new signing James Vaughan as the striker is cup-tied following a 16-minute appearance for Sunderland against Middlesbrough. (They have  signed striker James Vaughan from Championship strugglers Sunderland for an undisclosed fee on an 18-month deal.)

Vaughan, 29, scored 24 goals in League One for Bury last season,

Jamie Walker’s injury is likely to be days rather than weeks, with the former Hearts forward returning to training earlier than expected. (Wigan Athletic have signed winger Jamie Walker from Scottish Premiership side Hearts on a two-and-a-half-year deal for an undisclosed fee.)

The 24-year-old was out of contract at the end of the season and underwent a medical with the Latics on Saturday.

Walker had been a target for Rangers in the summer after turning down a contract extension at Hearts.

Shaun MacDonald remains side-lined with a knee injury (Classy Welsh international midfielder who tragically suffered a double leg fracture in April 2017 and is due to return to action late in the year.)

Wigan is also rumoured to be after Kelvin Mellor
Back to top Go down

Wigan news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wigan news   Wigan news EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 12:49 pm

Wasn't James Vaughan going to be the next Wayne Rooney once upon a time?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Wigan news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wigan news   Wigan news EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 1:08 pm

It’s ok because Simon Church who turned us down to go and fail at Scunthorpe, is set to have a medical. Crying or Very sad

That’s where we are folks, picking up failed players who are nowhere near the first 11 at teams like fookin Scunthorpe.

FFS.
Back to top Go down

Wigan news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wigan news   Wigan news EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 1:37 pm

Brent squeezing the football budget for every penny he can get his mits on. It will be apparent to all one day, but even then some will ignore it, or say it's OK to take money out of your own limited company, you know, just like Carrillion.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Wigan news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wigan news   Wigan news EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 3:47 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
It’s ok because Simon Church who turned us down to go and fail at Scunthorpe, is set to have a medical. Crying or Very sad

That’s where we are folks, picking up failed players who are nowhere near the first 11 at teams like fookin Scunthorpe.

FFS.

I heard he is off to Poland

reportedly having a medical with Polish top-flight outfit Lechia Gdansk, where Wales’s fitness coach Adam Owen is manager
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Wigan news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wigan news   Wigan news EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 4:01 pm

This game should see a decent size crowd if anything.

Tough, tough game indeed.

The last six for Wigan are four draws and two wins, scoring 10 and conceding 2. Biggest win was away to Oxford United, 7-0, on 23/12/17.

The Argyle defence could be in for a busy time on Saturday ?.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Wigan news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wigan news   Wigan news EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 5:09 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

FFS.

reportedly having a medical with Polish top-flight outfit Lechia Gdansk, where Wales’s fitness coach Adam Owen is manager

Ah that may have been what I saw. There was a headline in the Herald about him having a medical. I assumed it was for us but didn’t click on the link as I was already suitably deflated.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Wigan news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wigan news   Wigan news EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 5:36 pm

Wigan v Bournemouth Wednesday evening cup replay might be to our favour....extra time plus penalties would be handy...and defeat as well.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Wigan news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wigan news   Wigan news EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 10:19 am

A lower league club in Poland obviously preferable to austerity Akkeron Argo. laugh
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Wigan news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wigan news   Wigan news EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 5:21 pm

akagreengull wrote:
A lower league club in Poland obviously preferable to austerity Akkeron Argo. laugh

Thumbs
Back to top Go down

Wigan news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wigan news   Wigan news EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 5:53 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

FFS.

Ah that may have been what I saw. There was a headline in the Herald about him having a medical. I assumed it was for us but didn’t click on the link as I was already suitably deflated.

You're getting sloppy Czarky. Getta grip and concentrate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wigan news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wigan news   Wigan news Empty

Back to top Go down

Wigan news
Page 1 of 1