Branston

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Branston Empty
PostSubject: Branston   Branston EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 6:15 am

Argyle defender Branston wants to end his career at Home Park

PLYMOUTH Argyle defender Guy Branston feels he has at least two more playing years left in him.
And the 34-year-old central defender hopes to spend them at Home Park.

Branston recently signed a new one-year deal with Argyle after a series of storming performances last season.
Much-travelled Branston played in all 19 of new team manager John Sheridan's matches last season and was instrumental in keeping a relegation-threatened team in the Football League.

Branston said he had tried for a two-year deal with the Pilgrims, but had signed the contract he was offered instantly.
He said: "I want to stay down here – there is no intention of me leaving.

"I want to play as long as possible and I didn't sign to relax (in the latter end of Branston's career), I signed to be successful.

"I know what I want to do when I stop playing and that's be a football manager.
"Before that, I want to keep playing for as long as possible. "I love being in the South West."

Branston added: "I spoke to the gaffer (Sheridan) and told him I wanted a two-year deal, because I believe I've got another two years left in me. "But after a few minor things were sorted out, I signed the new contract instantly.

"The money was immaterial – I wanted to secure my future with a football club which is going to kick on."
Branston said he believed manager Sheridan, appointed last season when Pilgrims were contemplating a future in the Conference Premier, was the right man to bring success to Home Park.

He said: "The gaffer knows what it's like to be a player, knows how to win and wants to play attractive football.
"From what I know of the gaffer and the chairman (James Brent), I want to be part of the football club because there's no doubt in my mind that it can kick on."

Branston  added: "Another thing is the fans, who are amazing. You won't get many clubs who take 3,000 with them up to Rochdale on the last day of the season."
The Argyle defender has sealed his commitment to the area and the Pilgrims by putting down roots in the business world here.

He is starting a 'boot camp' for up and coming players at Stoke Gabriel FC this weekend.
The camp involves players going through a training session.
They can then upload videos of themselves in action and put themselves in football's shop window.
Football managers can then access Branston's website –allaboutballerz.com – to try and spot any potential talent which may have slipped through the net.

The website, which is crammed full of information about how a player can get themselves in the football shop window, can also be accessed by local managers looking for players.

It has already been used by Football League managers in search of talent.
This Sunday's camp runs from 4pm for youngsters aged 10-16, then 6.30pm for adult players.

Branston, meanwhile, is focussed on getting himself ready for this season.
He said: "I am always excited about the new season – it's like going back to school.

"The pre-season can be the start of something special and I think it's going to be an exciting season."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Branston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branston   Branston EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 6:30 am

Weirdly, when I was flicking through the PCC objections/support documents yesterday, one supportive document in the Planning Application was a Goy Brunston.
Back to top Go down

Branston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branston   Branston EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:35 am

I noticed that one Hairy. Anyway a bit more good news team wise if Guy had left I would have been worried, it is hard to be positive about Argyle but Sheridan seems to have got a nucleus of a team that want to play for him and that should automatically get us up and running this season if theses lads can sell it to another couple of players to give us some firepower, have we finally turned the corner on the pitch? Lets hope so.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Branston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branston   Branston EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:26 pm

There is a twatter account 'Goy Brunston' which is a shit, Plymouth version of 'Feo Walcutt', which isn't particularly funny in itself.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Branston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branston   Branston EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 1:29 pm

I wonder if here is an easy way to check that the people making the pro comments are real people or the people that they say they are?
I am wondering if someone has taken the time to manufacture a lot of these?
Back to top Go down

Branston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branston   Branston EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 1:59 pm

is that's what its come to? using fake names to register approval on a serious matter!
Back to top Go down

Branston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branston   Branston EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 2:02 pm

You know it makes sense.
Back to top Go down

Branston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branston   Branston EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 2:31 pm

I noticed a few were from Plympton. Isn't that a bit of a trek to walk the dog in the park?
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Branston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branston   Branston EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 3:05 pm

its not in plymouth either, so they can do one...Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

Branston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branston   Branston EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 11:36 pm

Dog owners will drive for miles so their dog can shit outside somebody elses house and not their's Jock.   Hence the convoy that passes my house every day.
Back to top Go down

Branston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branston   Branston EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 9:15 am

especially big fat porky types from Plympton pigpigpig
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Branston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branston   Branston EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 10:08 am

somebodies got to say it,  Branston will get us in a pickle.
Back to top Go down

Branston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branston   Branston EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 11:19 am

It must be quite easy to deliver that advice on his website for up and coming footballers. I mean having worked with some of the shite on display at PAFC, if they can become professional footballers, well.
Back to top Go down

Branston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branston   Branston EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 1:19 am

Decent player, would head bricks for the club, clearly passionate.

Hope to see him start alongside Blanchard this season.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Branston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branston   Branston EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 9:42 am

blanchards a french name cobi Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

Branston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branston   Branston EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 10:39 am

Branston equalises out Blanchard's Frenchness as he looks like a bulldog.
Back to top Go down

Branston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branston   Branston EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 11:28 am

I dont think Blanchard and Branston will be the number one partnership imo, Nelson and Wotton will be used in a rotation with those two.
Back to top Go down

Branston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branston   Branston EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 9:00 am

I'd expect Nelson to be used in midfield. It's his natural position and where he ended up playing at the end of last season. I'm not sure why we retained Wotton but I'm glad we've got Branston - he's imposing and 'orrible. Blanchard's decent at the back and he's got pace. I think we need another CB before we kick off next season - maybe a loanee.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Branston Empty
PostSubject: Re: Branston   Branston Empty

Back to top Go down

Branston
Page 1 of 1