HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

blast from the past

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

blast from the past Empty
PostSubject: blast from the past   blast from the past EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:12 am

just to get the feelgood factor flowing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: blast from the past   blast from the past EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:49 am

Nahhhh, no potential here. Move along. Bucket rattlers and wannabes only please.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: blast from the past   blast from the past EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:09 am

kind of blows the capacity arguement out the water, consistantly over 22k in division 3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: blast from the past   blast from the past EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:53 am

That was the season that I started going on my own with a couple of mates from school, it was proper mental atmosphere, the trouble is that when you start supporting a club like we were then and it becomes what it is now its doubly sad.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: blast from the past   blast from the past EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 11:02 am

too true iggy. my first game was v chesterfield the season before, a 5 year old with his ex pro footballer grandad, standing in the demport corner. a rosette pin badge (which i still have) a newspaper style programme (still have that too) and a 3-0 victory. HOOKED.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: blast from the past   blast from the past EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 11:44 am

my first game was bournemouth 2 years before - watneys cup or summat. proper football strips
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: blast from the past   blast from the past EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 11:45 am

I can't remember my first Argyle game, non of the details anyway, who won, who lost, score, but I can remember the atmosphere, being lifted down the front of the Mayflower at the turnstile end and standing on the fence/rail to get a good view, I used to go to games with my old man when we were visiting the Grandparents as his job took him to Torquay, it was when we moved to North Devon when I was about ten that I started going to games with my mates, on the train at Barum, change at Exeter then walk through the park to get to the match. We used to get home at about 9.30 unless we were playing city then I could be home by about 7! And apparently nowadays that would make me less of a fan than someone that lived in Plymouth! I moved to Plymouth when I was 14 and I remember thinking how lucky everybody was to have Argyle on their doorstep, that was when the mad days were really here ('77 '78 season) and I started to travel to away days on the train, I wonder if that was where I got the travel bug?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: blast from the past   blast from the past Empty

Back to top Go down

blast from the past
Page 1 of 1