Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Motorhomes.....Anybody own one now or in the past ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3503
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 27
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Motorhomes.....Anybody own one now or in the past ?   Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:14 pm

Have spent the last two months researching multiple marks legislation home and abroad and have joined multiple facebook motorhome groups including Benimar where the Mileo 231 is the one I like

The problems with the groups is that they are very "happy clappy" with most conversation around their dogs, solar panels and electrical hook ups
Only thing I've really learnt is that its pretty imperative to have C1 on your licence which allows up to 7500 kgs unit to be driven. If you have licence from before 1997 you have C1....passed after and you wont and you have to do additional test

Anyone any experiences ?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5527
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Motorhomes.....Anybody own one now or in the past ?   Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:19 pm

Where you going harv, the Gambia? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 2983
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Motorhomes.....Anybody own one now or in the past ?   Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:25 pm

If youve got an old licence then it's no problem you have to watch the weight on those bigger buses ie what you pack. I only have a self converted lwb tranny which has no hook up just solar panel. Fridge, heater bed and sounds. Big bus can only park on sites which average thirty quid and a few laybys. Small vans you can free camp a lot of places.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3503
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 27
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: Motorhomes.....Anybody own one now or in the past ?   Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:07 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Where you going harv, the Gambia? Very Happy

Yeah gonna pick of some hot tips...... popcorn
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3503
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 27
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: Motorhomes.....Anybody own one now or in the past ?   Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:11 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
If youve got an old licence then it's no problem you have to watch the weight on those bigger buses ie what you pack. I only have a self converted lwb tranny which has no hook up just solar panel. Fridge, heater bed and sounds. Big bus can only park on sites which average thirty quid and a few laybys. Small vans you can free camp a lot of places.

Yes joined loads of these websites (outside of facebook) dedicated to parking with or without a fee home and abroad. Storage in Plymouth sites runs around £55 a month for 12 month contract access via keycard to site if you dont fancy parking at home when not in use
The wild camping "rule" seems to be dont drop anchor too long in the same place and if anyone queries you make it clear you're moving on at 8am or whatever. Big communties on facebook
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 2983
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Motorhomes.....Anybody own one now or in the past ?   Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:52 pm

That's about it and don't strew loads of stuff around your van if you've got a washing line mats and a table and chairs outside all day youll get attention.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3503
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 27
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: Motorhomes.....Anybody own one now or in the past ?   Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:31 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
That's about it and don't strew loads of stuff around your van if you've got a washing line mats and a table and chairs outside all day youll get attention.

Insurance seems to be an issue though. If its "normal" usage insurance is only around £350 for a £40k unit (am surprised) but if you state that you "live" in it as was my intention whilst in the uk it sky rockets 8 fold (yes how can they be sure either way if you were using your childrens address for correspondance)
Was just crunching the numbers last night.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4820
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Motorhomes.....Anybody own one now or in the past ?   Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:08 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Where you going harv, the Gambia? Very Happy

lol!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3503
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 27
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: Motorhomes.....Anybody own one now or in the past ?   Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:21 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Where you going harv, the Gambia? Very Happy

lol!

Dont encourage him Hugh.  laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 2983
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Motorhomes.....Anybody own one now or in the past ?   Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:08 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
That's about it and don't strew loads of stuff around your van if you've got a washing line mats and a table and chairs outside all day youll get attention.

Insurance seems to be an issue though. If its "normal" usage insurance is only around £350 for a £40k unit (am surprised) but if you state that you "live" in it as was my intention whilst in the uk it sky rockets 8 fold (yes how can they be sure either way if you were using your childrens address for correspondance)
Was just crunching the numbers last night.

Try Adrian Flux insurance motorhomes obvs. My van would be about £480 through a normal broker through flux it's about £250.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3503
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 27
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: Motorhomes.....Anybody own one now or in the past ?   Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:31 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
That's about it and don't strew loads of stuff around your van if you've got a washing line mats and a table and chairs outside all day youll get attention.

Insurance seems to be an issue though. If its "normal" usage insurance is only around £350 for a £40k unit (am surprised) but if you state that you "live" in it as was my intention whilst in the uk it sky rockets 8 fold (yes how can they be sure either way if you were using your childrens address for correspondance)
Was just crunching the numbers last night.

Try Adrian Flux insurance motorhomes obvs. My van would be about £480 through a normal broker through flux it's about £250.

Yes cheers Ive seen that Adrian Flux name come up several times on FB groups
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 2983
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Motorhomes.....Anybody own one now or in the past ?   Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:37 pm

I think they are pretty good on motorhomes but it's on converted vans they can't be beat. A converted van is basically a modified vehicle and they love to charge for mods.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Motorhomes.....Anybody own one now or in the past ?   

Back to top Go down
 
Motorhomes.....Anybody own one now or in the past ?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: