The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PUBS IN PLYMOUTH

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

PUBS IN PLYMOUTH Empty
PostSubject: PUBS IN PLYMOUTH   PUBS IN PLYMOUTH EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 6:51 am

Im taking the girly to Plymouth tomorrow, anyone know which pubs in the city centre/barbican area that do offers on pints/food?
gotta be able to let dogs in as well ...

thanks
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PUBS IN PLYMOUTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PUBS IN PLYMOUTH   PUBS IN PLYMOUTH EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 7:44 am

Hopefully 'the girly' doesn't read this over your shoulder...

I'm not sure I would have worded your post in the same way...
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PUBS IN PLYMOUTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PUBS IN PLYMOUTH   PUBS IN PLYMOUTH EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:16 am

Offers?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PUBS IN PLYMOUTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PUBS IN PLYMOUTH   PUBS IN PLYMOUTH EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:19 am

My favourite boozer on the Barbican is The Dolphin, Southside St. near the glass blowing thingy, real beer out the barrel, Proper Job, Bass, Stoggs, great Guinness.
In Cornwall St. The Eagle is very welcoming.
Back to top Go down

PUBS IN PLYMOUTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PUBS IN PLYMOUTH   PUBS IN PLYMOUTH EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:21 am

The social club in North Prospect is another one if like interaction with the locals, shame the Old Chapel in Demport is closed another friendly watering hole.
Back to top Go down

PUBS IN PLYMOUTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PUBS IN PLYMOUTH   PUBS IN PLYMOUTH EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:37 am

alannotivvy wrote:
Im taking the girly to Plymouth tomorrow, anyone know which pubs in the city centre/barbican area that do offers on pints/food?

thanks

All Plymouth pubs let dogs in
Back to top Go down

PUBS IN PLYMOUTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PUBS IN PLYMOUTH   PUBS IN PLYMOUTH EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:45 am

The Red Star wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

thanks

All Plymouth pubs let dogs in

Yeah but unlike Exeter pubs they're not all either your sister or your mother.
Back to top Go down

PUBS IN PLYMOUTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PUBS IN PLYMOUTH   PUBS IN PLYMOUTH EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:51 am

i was waiting for those comments LOL bounce as Jock says ,it will be nice to get away from all the inbred stuff up my way !!!!
Back to top Go down

PUBS IN PLYMOUTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PUBS IN PLYMOUTH   PUBS IN PLYMOUTH EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 9:47 am

The Dolphin on the Barbican didn't do food the last time I was there but they were perfectly happy for you to bring food in with you.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PUBS IN PLYMOUTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PUBS IN PLYMOUTH   PUBS IN PLYMOUTH EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 10:40 am

The Dolphin will let dogs in foreshore. Proper spit and sawdust boozer with some right characters at times. To be honest most of the other pubs/bars around the Quay have outside seating overlooking the boats so that's perfect with the dog if the weathers set fair. sunny
Back to top Go down

PUBS IN PLYMOUTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PUBS IN PLYMOUTH   PUBS IN PLYMOUTH EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 10:52 am

i was thinking of going to the Dolphin,a decent dump of a pub bounce
should be there at 1ish i reckon.
Back to top Go down

PUBS IN PLYMOUTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PUBS IN PLYMOUTH   PUBS IN PLYMOUTH EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:39 pm

alannotivvy wrote:

thanks

your not going have that problem Alann, plenty of dogs in plymouth there are bound to be some in a pub you take the missus too
Back to top Go down

PUBS IN PLYMOUTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PUBS IN PLYMOUTH   PUBS IN PLYMOUTH EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 8:36 am

a good day was had down on the Barbican ,the Minerva and Dolphin were very hospitable
Back to top Go down

PUBS IN PLYMOUTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PUBS IN PLYMOUTH   PUBS IN PLYMOUTH EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 8:53 am

ah..... The Min....... those were the days ....... Smile
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PUBS IN PLYMOUTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PUBS IN PLYMOUTH   PUBS IN PLYMOUTH EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 9:35 am

alannotivvy wrote:
a good day was had down on the Barbican ,the Minerva and Dolphin were very hospitable

As a neutral which do you consider the best day out, Exeter or Plymouth?
Back to top Go down

PUBS IN PLYMOUTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PUBS IN PLYMOUTH   PUBS IN PLYMOUTH EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:12 am

i live near exeter so im in the shithole quite often,tomorrow anyway.
i find Plymouth pubs better for a drunken debauchery type vibe.
i used to live in exeter,but got attacked one nite, due to being an argyle supporter.
i like a couple pubs in exe, (locomotiv and brooke green) as they do decent cider.

all welcome to mine on July 13 when argyle play tiverton Smile
Back to top Go down

PUBS IN PLYMOUTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PUBS IN PLYMOUTH   PUBS IN PLYMOUTH EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:32 am

alannotivvy wrote:
i live near exeter so im in the shithole quite often,tomorrow anyway.
i find Plymouth pubs better for a drunken debauchery type vibe.
i used to live in exeter,but got attacked one nite, due to being an argyle supporter.
i like a couple pubs in exe, (locomotiv and brooke green) as they do decent cider.

all welcome to mine on July 13 when argyle play tiverton Smile

Can we all bring our dirty laundry for you to wash in the bath?
Back to top Go down

PUBS IN PLYMOUTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PUBS IN PLYMOUTH   PUBS IN PLYMOUTH EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:36 am

thats Tivertons newest launderette affraid
Back to top Go down

PUBS IN PLYMOUTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PUBS IN PLYMOUTH   PUBS IN PLYMOUTH EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:40 am

The Minerva always did proper cider, not been there for years, I got banned once when I found a rollie in my pocket and sparked up at the bar, didn't realise it was a special one, saw the landlord sniff a couple of times, his eyes caught mine then he went mental and got physically thrown out by four Marines, back in the day when you could smoke in pubs if it weren't special. sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PUBS IN PLYMOUTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PUBS IN PLYMOUTH   PUBS IN PLYMOUTH Empty

Back to top Go down

PUBS IN PLYMOUTH
Page 1 of 1