mouldyoldgoat
downthetrack
6 posters
AuthorMessage
downthetrack

downthetrack

The Badger Cull Empty
PostSubject: The Badger Cull   The Badger Cull EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:03 am

Not the best day to be a brock.Stay in your setts.
Unnecessary in my opinion
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

The Badger Cull Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badger Cull   The Badger Cull EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:29 am

Wonderful animals and me and my family are very lucky to be able to watch them every year on holiday.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

The Badger Cull Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badger Cull   The Badger Cull EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 1:10 pm

I love them too but killing 60,000 cattle a year isn't going to sort the problem out as TB is in badgers and cattle, the facts are all out there if you want to see them, but your mind is made up I expect, better still go TB testing with a vet and follow it up with shooting a load of healthy cows and calves in the head that then go and get burnt and we as taxpayers then pay compensation after the bodies are burned. I have done it and it's fooking traumatic.
60,000 cattle piled up after being shot would probably fill the pitch at home park about fifty foot high.
Over and out.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

The Badger Cull Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badger Cull   The Badger Cull EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 2:36 pm

Killing and burning livestock is the main purpose of DEFRA,

Dept for the Elimination of Rural Activity.

A load of hired guns scattering terrified Badgers far and wide. At least the professional polluters, farmers, are paying for it themselves.
Back to top Go down

The Badger Cull Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badger Cull   The Badger Cull EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 3:58 pm

Sad and Unnecessary. I used watch a set at play every morning from my patio window. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

The Badger Cull Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badger Cull   The Badger Cull EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 4:12 pm

UK and Irish TB in cattle were running in similar percentage numbers until the Irish started to cull badgers. Now the Irish cattle TB cases have fallen significantly. Having said that I am just a City boy and will leave it to the country boys and girls to decide what is best for them.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

The Badger Cull Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badger Cull   The Badger Cull EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 10:53 am

The Irish trap them first, the English and Welsh will be shooting them as and when they see them.

The Irish are also funding the cull, the English and Welsh are letting the farmers form and pay for their own groups.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

The Badger Cull Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badger Cull   The Badger Cull EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 11:09 am

If you must do it, gassing would seem the most efficient way. Would rather they were rounded up and vaccineated.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

The Badger Cull Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badger Cull   The Badger Cull EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 1:37 pm

how about stopping giving the cattle all the 'medication' they recieve, might breed the tb out of them. inbreds, all them cows!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

The Badger Cull Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badger Cull   The Badger Cull EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 1:58 pm

downthetrack wrote:
Not the best day to be a brock.Stay in your setts.
Unnecessary in my opinion

I've just bought you this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wear it with pride*

*around twilight near a farmer with loads of guns would be the best place.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

The Badger Cull Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badger Cull   The Badger Cull EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:03 pm

When can i pick it up ?
Back to top Go down

The Badger Cull Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badger Cull   The Badger Cull EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:17 pm

3pm do you? I will warn you though, I'm eating halal lamb kebabs and wearing an Osama Bin Laden outfit.

On topic - it's pretty shite to do this with virtually no evidence. If it was something like a pug instead of a badger, people would be marching on Downing Street. Poor badgers.
Back to top Go down

The Badger Cull Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badger Cull   The Badger Cull EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 9:26 am

hairy j wrote:
3pm do you? I will warn you though, I'm eating halal lamb kebabs and wearing an Osama Bin Laden outfit.

On topic - it's pretty shite to do this with virtually no evidence. If it was something like a pug instead of a badger, people would be marching on Downing Street. Poor badgers.

There is loads of evidence, scientists have been gathering evidence from the fifties on this subject, the anti cattle groups don't publicise it, the media are against farmers in general and deffo pro badger, have a look. Also have a look at how effective the last cull was in eradicating TB when it was endemic amongst the human population, we nearly wiped it out but stopped short, also have a look at how many human cases are about in the UK now, if you really love badgers though, best not to.
Also Mapps, TB has nothing to do with inbreeding, if I infected you with TB you would catch it, would that make you inbred?
It is one of the only subjects where if you go to any university you will get a totally one sided view of an argument, and college people are meant to be clever.
Back to top Go down

The Badger Cull Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badger Cull   The Badger Cull EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 1:15 pm

Being ignorant, how do badgers spread it? They obviously don't bite cows.
Back to top Go down

The Badger Cull Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badger Cull   The Badger Cull EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 1:25 pm

I don't know about Badgers but I've certainly seen some disease ridden beavers in my time.... affraid

Back to top Go down

The Badger Cull Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badger Cull   The Badger Cull EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 1:27 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
I don't know about Badgers but I've certainly seen some disease ridden beavers in my time.... affraid

Speaking of disease ridden beavers!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

The Badger Cull Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badger Cull   The Badger Cull EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 3:23 pm

Greenjock wrote:

As they don't have posable thumbs, they are unable to hold a handkerchief and this causes very messy sneezes.

The only thing I know about them is that they eat mashed potatoes, they're awesome and they support Notts County.
Back to top Go down

The Badger Cull Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badger Cull   The Badger Cull EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Greenjock wrote:

They piss and shit on the ground, cows eat grass and then TB, new cattle feeders are designed to be accessible to cows but not badgers and this helps somewhat but it is the pasture that carries the virus.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

The Badger Cull Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badger Cull   The Badger Cull EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 3:33 pm

have to say, though iggy is correct about the inbreeding, cattle have a crap immune system due to their meds, which really doesnt help the situation
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

The Badger Cull Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badger Cull   The Badger Cull EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 3:36 pm

Mapperley, darling wrote:
have to say, though iggy is correct about the inbreeding, cattle have a crap immune system due to their meds, which really doesnt help the situation
So how do you explain a large organic herd near me that got TB? No meds there.
Back to top Go down

The Badger Cull Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badger Cull   The Badger Cull EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 3:47 pm

Why don't we just eat the badgers and leave off the cows for a bit?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

The Badger Cull Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badger Cull   The Badger Cull EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 1:09 pm

There is BTB on the isle of Man, an island devoid of badgers, perhaps the Badger SBS did a raid?

Most Cows catch it from each other, just like humans.

Still kill/ burn is the only way to deal with animal disease, in the UK at least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Badger Cull Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Badger Cull   The Badger Cull Empty

Back to top Go down

The Badger Cull
Page 1 of 1