The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Purrington signs Professional Deal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Purrington signs Professional Deal Empty
PostSubject: Purrington signs Professional Deal   Purrington signs Professional Deal EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:26 pm

Exeter born LB signs a professional contract with Argyle on his 17th birthday-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purrington signs Professional Deal   Purrington signs Professional Deal EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:34 pm

I look forward to seeing what he can do. Unlike the beards i doubt he is going to be a first team regular next season and more than likely to be loaned out.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Purrington signs Professional Deal   Purrington signs Professional Deal EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:59 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
I look forward to seeing what he can do. Unlike the beards i doubt he is going to be a first team regular next season and more than likely to be loaned out.
Beards? Really?

I think there's a good chance next season will be his breakthrough season myself. Perhaps not a 'regular' but the least I think he could play 10 or so times in rotation.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Purrington signs Professional Deal   Purrington signs Professional Deal EmptyMon May 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Ben was in the last Milk Cup squad - makes Brent's decision not to pay for the trip this year laughable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purrington signs Professional Deal   Purrington signs Professional Deal EmptyMon May 20, 2013 7:08 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Beards? Really?

I think there's a good chance next season will be his breakthrough season myself. Perhaps not a 'regular' but the least I think he could play 10 or so times in rotation.

have you seen him play? is it likely he will be a regular already?

no to both
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Purrington signs Professional Deal   Purrington signs Professional Deal EmptyMon May 20, 2013 7:11 pm

Well it was miraculous how you knew I hadn't when I attend youth/reserve games whenever I can! Heard a lot of very positive things from people who've seen more of him than me too.

Incidentally, why are you so sure he won't when I'm guessing you've not seen a great deal of him either?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purrington signs Professional Deal   Purrington signs Professional Deal EmptyMon May 20, 2013 7:13 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Well it was miraculous how you knew I hadn't when I attend youth/reserve games whenever I can! Heard a lot of very positive things from people who've seen more of him than me too.

Incidentally, why are you so sure he won't when I'm guessing you've not seen a great deal of him either?

he wont unless he is an exceptional talent which he maybe but i highly doubt he will a regular given most youth team players who step up dont.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Purrington signs Professional Deal   Purrington signs Professional Deal EmptyMon May 20, 2013 7:17 pm

Fair enough- all I can say is I've heard some exceptionally positive things about him from people who usually have good track records on this sort of thing. I think he could easily have a season similar to Nelson, Young etc had in their breakthrough seasons. Ie, not a regular but not rotting in the reserves either-playing occasionally and in rotation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purrington signs Professional Deal   Purrington signs Professional Deal EmptyMon May 20, 2013 7:30 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Fair enough- all I can say is I've heard some exceptionally positive things about him from people who usually have good track records on this sort of thing. I think he could easily have a season similar to Nelson, Young etc had in their breakthrough seasons. Ie, not a regular but not rotting in the reserves either-playing occasionally and in rotation.

Yeah but tbf Sam you really rated Rhys Griffiths as well lol!
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Purrington signs Professional Deal   Purrington signs Professional Deal EmptyMon May 20, 2013 7:32 pm

Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purrington signs Professional Deal   Purrington signs Professional Deal EmptyMon May 20, 2013 7:35 pm

I thought Purrington was an anthropomorphic animated train off cbeebies or the name of a cat.

"Come here Purrington and eat your sardines this instant!" Cried Colonel Smythe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purrington signs Professional Deal   Purrington signs Professional Deal EmptyMon May 20, 2013 7:37 pm

A purrington is what you get if you put your foot down in s jaguar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purrington signs Professional Deal   Purrington signs Professional Deal EmptyMon May 20, 2013 10:55 pm

GreenSam wrote:

im not doubting his potential all i am saying is its a mammoth jump from reserves/youth team football to the being a first team regular and it may take him a year or two before he hits that level maybe a loan out to get experience is in order which i wouldnt be shocked if he is sent out. As for Nelson, Young and LeCointe too they were pretty much forced to step up due to the admin era and lucky would have it they matured over the seasons but i feel if we werent in the admin era they would be breaking into the regular first team starting 11 about now.

Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Purrington signs Professional Deal   Purrington signs Professional Deal EmptyMon May 20, 2013 11:20 pm

Perhaps- as I say, the truth is likely to be somewhere in between the two. Not a regular but not purely loaned out either. I certainly would bet on him making his debut at the very least. May be wrong, time will tell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purrington signs Professional Deal   Purrington signs Professional Deal EmptyMon May 20, 2013 11:28 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Perhaps- as I say, the truth is likely to be somewhere in between the two. Not a regular but not purely loaned out either. I certainly would bet on him making his debut at the very least. May be wrong, time will tell.

Whatcha fink of his mum though? She could be a cheerleader alright!
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Purrington signs Professional Deal   Purrington signs Professional Deal EmptyMon May 20, 2013 11:29 pm

Greenjock wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Whatcha fink of his mum though? She could be a cheerleader alright!
You do have a succinct way with words at times lol!
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Purrington signs Professional Deal   Purrington signs Professional Deal EmptyTue May 21, 2013 12:16 am

I'm REALLY glad I wasn't the only one thinking that, Jock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purrington signs Professional Deal   Purrington signs Professional Deal EmptyTue May 21, 2013 5:33 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
I'm REALLY glad I wasn't the only one thinking that, Jock.

A pair of dirty old codgers Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purrington signs Professional Deal   Purrington signs Professional Deal EmptyTue May 21, 2013 5:45 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Fair enough- all I can say is I've heard some exceptionally positive things about him from people who usually have good track records on this sort of thing.

Oh yeah, who is that then Sam ? lol!
We've all got good records on this sort of thing, believe me. With respect, one day you will suddenly go "Aaaahhhhhh, that's what it's all about".
The only people I take any notice of whatsoever where players are concerned are exceptionally good managers, and my own witness, no one else. it's simpler that way and less time is wasted chasing shadows. I was going to say rainbows, but chasing rainbows is probably a good pastime and well recommended in my autobiography.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purrington signs Professional Deal   Purrington signs Professional Deal EmptyTue May 21, 2013 9:51 pm

If his father is Shaun or Simon Purrington, then I played quite a few years in the same team.

Maybe he will play against my nephew who was signed on professional terms for City last month and is currently second choice keeper
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Purrington signs Professional Deal   Purrington signs Professional Deal EmptyTue May 21, 2013 9:59 pm

The Red Star wrote:
If his father is Shaun or Simon Purrington, then I played quite a few years in the same team.

Maybe he will play against my nephew who was signed on professional terms for City last month and is currently second choice keeper

Thought I recognised the name Mr Star. Very Happy

Congrats to the lad tho'. Gotta good chance of making it, do you reckon?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purrington signs Professional Deal   Purrington signs Professional Deal EmptyWed May 22, 2013 12:29 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
The Red Star wrote:

Thought I recognised the name Mr Star. Very Happy

Congrats to the lad tho'. Gotta good chance of making it, do you reckon?

He is a great keeper, but maybe too small but who knows. It isn't easy supporting a team if you actually know a player personally or know his father. I recall playing football with Martin Phillips dad and knew Martin when he was 8 or 9 but when he scored for you against us and kissed the shirt I couldn't forgive that, despite understanding his viewpoint.

I am a City fan so support every player and slag off those that give less than 100% and if my nephew is good/lucky enough to pay he will get the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purrington signs Professional Deal   Purrington signs Professional Deal Empty

Back to top Go down

Purrington signs Professional Deal
Page 1 of 1