downthetrack
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
downthetrack

downthetrack

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 11:51 am

Anyone interested ? no me neither.Used to be a great spectacle,if I'm in the pub later may turn my head to see the score.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 12:07 pm

City 4-0 Wigan.

And it's at 5.15 now too scratch
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 12:07 pm

What do you mean "if" you are in the pub later ?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 12:08 pm

I'm mildly interested.

Certainly more so than I am in the Premier League.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Freathy

Freathy

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 12:43 pm

For most Prem clubs the FA Cup is now almost right down there with the League Cup.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 12:47 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
What do you mean "if" you are in the pub later ?

Will be in the pub
Back to top Go down

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 12:54 pm

My mates a Wigan fan and he's gone so I hope Wigan win for him just before they get relegated.
Back to top Go down

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 12:56 pm

its a competition that's playing second fiddle now days.

Bring back the magic i say have the semis at neutral grounds like before, have the final at the end of the season like before and most important of all have at 1500hrs not 1715 or whatever it is now.

Back to top Go down

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 1:15 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:

Bring back the magic i say have the semis at neutral grounds like before, have the final at the end of the season like before and most important of all have at 1500hrs not 1715 or whatever it is now.

Yes, definitely!

I used to love the Cup Final but now it's just another cup competition thanks to the greed of the half a dozen Premier big boys, it's a bloody shame!

I'm going for the underdogs as usual.
Back to top Go down

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 1:25 pm

GOB wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

Yes, definitely!

I used to love the Cup Final but now it's just another cup competition thanks to the greed of the half a dozen Premier big boys, it's a bloody shame!

Its not just the prem its the fa and fascination on bidding for the champions league final and trying to recoup costs the stadium built up by hold the semis at wembley which takes away the magic of your team making it to wembley when that dream stops in teh semis.
I feel although i know they wont do it is the fa put on of the 4 champions league places up for grabs to the winner of the FA Cup that would help build up the magic again...

that and cup final songs Wink
Back to top Go down

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 1:38 pm

GOB wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

Yes, definitely!

100% agree with you GOB.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 1:54 pm

All League football finished
Cup Final Saturday 3pm kick off
Cup Final Question of Sport
Players getting on team coach
Interviews with celeb fans
Abide with me

Football Ain't What It Used To Be - I blame Sky!!

Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 1:55 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:

Three things right in one sentence, well I'll go to the foot of our stairs.

'twill take more than just that to "bring back the magic", the world is full of fooktard kids who can't see beyond the latest Iphone or the dream of getting onto Xfactor despite their complete lack of anything approaching talent and plastics, the magic always came from within, people just don't have it any more.

Money trumps magic nowadays, next season when the tv money near on doubles the Prem whores will reduce the tenuous link there still is between them and real people.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 1:57 pm

KO bumped to 17:15 to make way for Villa v Chelsea. Prem far more important.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 1:58 pm

Ah yes the important race for 4th place.

Jesus.....
Back to top Go down

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:05 pm

Freathy wrote:

And its being played today because of the champions league final because that is more important to the fa now.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:26 pm

It lost it's value (to the big clubs at least) when Man Utd didn't play in it to do the world club cup instead. Shambles really
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:38 pm

For me still the best domestic cup competition. Rather watch this than champions league any day
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:44 pm

A Non-league team bankrolled to the Prem v a standard run o the mill side bankrolled by the Arabs.

Nah. I'll give it a miss.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:54 pm

Mmm so let's hope noone every bankroll s argyle else you wouldn't be able to watch them either.

Every team in league football is bankrolled to some extent. Very few teams are self sufficient. Just that some have richer owners than others nothing to be jealous about
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 3:06 pm

125+1 wrote:
Mmm so let's hope noone every bankroll s argyle else you wouldn't be able to watch them either.

Every team in league football is bankrolled to some extent. Very few teams are self sufficient. Just that some have richer owners than others nothing to be jealous about
Exactly- I'm sure we'd all rather Brent bankrolled us like Whealen has done to Wigan rather than building the ministand and calling it a day at that. I'm sure some would even be prepared to accept the JB stadium if he did get us as far as Wigan have Suspect
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 3:06 pm

Freathy wrote:

Bumped to 5-15 to accommodate Budweiser and the East Coast TV market.
Back to top Go down

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 3:11 pm

GreenSam wrote:
125+1 wrote:

Exactly- I'm sure we'd all rather Brent bankrolled us like Whealen has done to Wigan rather than building the ministand and calling it a day at that. I'm sure some would even be prepared to accept the JB stadium if he did get us as far as Wigan have Suspect

If Wigan go down and i would guess and say its 80% certain they will now the days of Dave Whelan bankrolling them will be over as his money will be used to plug the gaps in revenue dropping out of the premiership brings.
Back to top Go down

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 6:17 pm

Wigan are doing well i hope they can pull of an upset but we shall see.
Back to top Go down

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final EmptySat May 11, 2013 6:33 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
All League football finished
Cup Final Saturday 3pm kick off
Cup Final Question of Sport
Players getting on team coach
Interviews with celeb fans
Abide with me

Football Ain't What It Used To Be - I blame Sky!!

And It's-a-knockout between the two home towns of the clubs in the final, it's a shame because that pervy bloke has tarnished the fantastic memories of a brilliant day of football, it must have all started about 9am on the telly!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The FA Cup final Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FA Cup final   The FA Cup final Empty

Back to top Go down

The FA Cup final
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next