happyvictor
cornysteve
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

A Massive Rant, Sorry. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Massive Rant, Sorry.   A Massive Rant, Sorry. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:06 am

Jaytex2012 wrote:
I'd suggest we start with something that will lsten
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good idea. Maybe cornysteve's rant could be forwarded to them , with as many signatories as possible from ATD, if not from Admin ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Massive Rant, Sorry.   A Massive Rant, Sorry. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 11:51 am

Enjoyed that steve, a top top rant!
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: A Massive Rant, Sorry.   A Massive Rant, Sorry. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:35 am

Email sent to private eye. Made me feel better. Let you know if any response. Keep your chin up Damon.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: A Massive Rant, Sorry.   A Massive Rant, Sorry. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 8:10 am

[quote="cornysteve"]First off, for any of our non viewing Pasoti viewers, that’s specifically the ones who profess that they would never look at such a vile site, I’ll establish my bona fides as a supporter. My first game was against Arsenal in the Milk Cup, Nisbet for us, Rix for them, both screamers. I’ve had a season ticket, work permitting, on and off for most of the last 25 years. I flew back from Canada to get to the Burnley relegation match. I’ve renegotiated two of my working contracts so that working weekends was entirely at my discretion, so as not to miss games. Two of the years that I was a season ticket holder, I lived in Bristol and didn’t miss a single home game. Basically, I’m a real supporter who lives in Plymouth and goes to games. This isn’t a slight on ex pats, but as we’re all aware, some fans are apparently better fans than others.

Yet again we, the fans are told what to think. “Hey, it’s great, it’ll put Argyle on the map, let’s get our club trending, look at me, blah, blah, blah”. To counter this I’d say what a load of old bollocks. We, as individuals, are allowed our own opinions and ideas. Hating the Akkeron plans isn’t wrong. It’s an opinion. The Ministry Of Obedience however has decided that SuperBrent, the saviour of Plymouth, the Westcountry and eventually the World can however do no wrong and must not be made to answer questions or concerns. He’s the most open and engaging chairman the club has ever had, I hear you cry Mr. President. No, he’s a glad-handing politician, kissing babies and agreeing with everyone (to their face, that is). That’s not engagement, its bullshitting.

You have to admire Brent. He really has played a blinder. He’s played this like a game of chess. Establish control of the board with your pawns. For arguments sake, let’s call them Newell, Webb, Jones, PASB, Sparksie, Salsa Verde and the Herald. Forgive me if I’ve left any more of you other deserving fecking parasites out. Once control is established, you pretty much can’t lose. I have deliberately left out the PCC and politicians as I’ll get to them in a minute. My perspective is that Brent, the reluctant millionaire developer, sorry bidder, is still coming out pretty much untarnished as if some modern day Robin Hood. Forget those other nasty developers, I’m not at all like them, follow me and I will free you from your turgid lives. (For some reason I now have an image of IJN as Friar Tuck and Presidente as Maid Marion, top buttoning her shawl for modesty’s sake). He’s managed this with his human shield of followers to deflect any and all flack that comes his way. Like cheap toilet paper, no shit sticks to him.

The cult of Brent is a strange one. I may be talking from the moral high ground here, but did none of his acolytes have any sort of scruples or moral compass before he waved associate directorships, AAA passes and imaginary titles at them. According to the presidente, it is a complete internet myth and fabrication that superfans even exist, let alone that they are privy to inside club information. Sorry Jock, but I’ll never believe in Bigfoot as much as I’d like to. To deny the superfans exist is so pathetically ludicrous, I may as well deny that this keyboard exists (warrior TM IJN).

As for the development, HHP as a whole, WTF? Does the city need an IMAX? When I’ve visited the Vue, they’ve hardly been turning people away in their droves, so why a cinema. Does the city need an Ice Rink? Has the white elephant that is the Pavilions, been a roaring success, making money hand over fist and drawing in tourists aplenty? For that matter what is the city’s (PCC) obsession with ice skating? Is one of the councillors kids a budding Torvill or Dean? I just don’t and never will get that.  Is a hotel really necessary? It’ll be a mediocre chain style 3* hotel anyway. Not exactly the new prestige place to stay. I know that we as a club have to have these to get our shitty, sorry shiny, new stand, but taking that out of the equation, none of these developments are needed. Those that continually profess that all of these things will enhance the city and that Central Park must be preserved as the green lung of the city must surely have their wires crossed. Shiny new development or park, not both. You cant have it both ways. The mere mention of a bloody footprint makes me think of JB stamping all over the city and the fans. As far as being a luddite opposed to progress, as I expect I will be viewed, feck it, let’s build an amusement park on the Hoe. It’ll be shiny and lovely and tourists will come from around the world, but it would be like fecking Blackpool. Nothing against Blackpool, but it’s hardly a panorama of unspoilt beauty is it?

PCC have, throughout this developing saga (See what I did there), not exactly stood out as the protectors and bastions of the City either. From my perspective, they have proven either morally bankrupt, complicit, or both in selling the whole of Plymouth down the river in order for JB to make his millions. I know that such philanthropic developers only appear once every two millennia, but the cynic in me wonders what is in it for them? The massive development and investment as a whole allude to revitalising the whole city. It may be my cynicism, but I really do not see how the hotel, cinema and ice rink do this. Perhaps the rest of JB’s portfolio will, but they certainly don’t.

I’ve said it before; I don’t have a problem with the size of the new stand. My problem is that it cannot be expanded and therefore will forever hamstring the club. A relegation struggle in the Championship will be our new nirvana. All the bullshit about further expansion, absolute tosh. It’s been repeatedly said by many sources, including Akkeron, that any expansion while technically possibly would be prohibitively expensive. It will never happen. Now, JB has said it could happen and it wouldn’t be expensive at all, feck the facts, he says it so it must be true. Its not as though he has a vested interest in making the development as cheap as possible, is it? His acolytes now appear to have altered their stance. The real fan from New Zealand, not NZGreen, says that the horseshoe can be expanded and IJN says that if all the world were made of candy and we got to the premiership that we could spend billions on a new ground and new players and rainbows and stuff. What a load of absolute bollocks.

Believe it or not, I’m actually trying not to be abusive. Those that don’t want any questioning or discussion seize on abuse as a reason not to. I believe that Mr Brent and his developments could improve the city as a whole. I don’t believe that anybody, other than Mr Brent himself, though is exercising any sort of governance over the situation. That he is riding roughshod over reasonable dissent in regards to the HHP development doesn’t fill me with confidence for the rest of the developments and their benefit to the city though.

For the record I am not educated, I almost certainly am a wanker, I clearly have too much time on my hands and if any of the usual suspects, (Jon Petrie, Graham Clark, John Lloyd, Damon Lenszner or others), feel that I could contribute in any way to opposing this development then let me know.

Rant over, for now anyway.

Steve

This remains by far the most concise assessment, Steve.

Sadly, the opportunity to oppose the development passed with a whimper. It is now about supposed damage limitation............. a supporters' bar. Whoopee No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Massive Rant, Sorry.   A Massive Rant, Sorry. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 9:37 am

But mainly for the festering. jocolor 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: A Massive Rant, Sorry.   A Massive Rant, Sorry. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 9:52 am

Iggy wrote:
But mainly for the festering. jocolor 
Being 'a face' at HP is where it's at too. The reluctant one recognised this janner trait, very quickly.

This city club will become even more village over the years, as it becomes Yeovil in disguise.

Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: A Massive Rant, Sorry.   A Massive Rant, Sorry. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 10:38 am

Development or no development, the land has gone!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: A Massive Rant, Sorry.   A Massive Rant, Sorry. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 11:41 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
Unfortunately, Steve, nobody is listening...and they never have been. I'm sure we all hoped for more from Brent but his true colours have been on show for a while.

And as for the council, they've been in it with him from Day 1 when they introduced him to Guilfoyle.
Nailed firmly to the mast too.....
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: A Massive Rant, Sorry.   A Massive Rant, Sorry. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 12:16 pm

History will ultimately condemn all those, the reluctant one has managed to 'persuade'.

The terminally restricted football club, tucked away down a draughty alleyway and hemmed in by a non inspiring ice rink,an unnecessary hotel, a few struggling retail outlets and in the shadow of a picture house.No 

Welcome to the future......................... janner style.

Those who could have stopped it , will still be happy in their shiny, lower league stadium because they will be in control.
It has all been about control and position, for a very long time for the farm and their devious, self promoting chums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Massive Rant, Sorry.   A Massive Rant, Sorry. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 12:22 pm

Tringreen wrote:
History will ultimately condemn all those, the reluctant one has managed to 'persuade'.

The terminally restricted football club, tucked away down a draughty alleyway and hemmed in by a non inspiring ice rink,an unnecessary hotel, a few struggling retail outlets and in the shadow of a picture house.No 

Those who could have stopped it , will still be happy in their shiny, lower league stadium because they will be in control.
It has all been about control and position, for a very long time for the farm and their devious, self promoting chums.
And it shouldn't shock the sheep if Exeter grow and leave Argyle behind more so than they are now becasue we are just happy to have a small local club.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: A Massive Rant, Sorry.   A Massive Rant, Sorry. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 12:48 pm

Steady on, dear boy. I think they missed their chance by not pushing to ground share with the Chiefs. Might have given them some credibility.

Meanwhile, back at the clusterfuck, the buckets will still be rattled, the auctions, freebies, mug n sticker sales will continue.The murals will include the Windsor boys, the reluctant one and sponsors. The directors box experience will become the 'shelf for shysters' and GOS wil still be Advertising Avivas in the photo gallery - ' the players applaud the fans'...... 'the green army applauds'........'the janner song'.......give me strength !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Massive Rant, Sorry.   A Massive Rant, Sorry. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 12:54 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Steady on, dear boy. I think they missed their chance by not pushing to ground share with the Chiefs. Might have given them some credibility.

Meanwhile, back at the clusterfuck, the buckets will still be rattled, the auctions, freebies, mug n sticker sales will continue.The murals will include the Windsor boys, the reluctant one and sponsors. The directors box experience will become the 'shelf for shysters' and GOS wil still be Advertising Avivas in the photo gallery - ' the players applaud the fans'...... 'the green army applauds'........'the janner song'.......give me strength !
that can still happen should the will be there. Im sure there will come a point in the near future where city will have to leave that crap stadium of theirs to generate more revenue if anything to stay in the leagues let alone be able to push on up to be league 1/ borderline championship club.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: A Massive Rant, Sorry.   A Massive Rant, Sorry. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 6:24 pm

Angry wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

And it shouldn't shock the sheep if Exeter grow and leave Argyle behind more so than they are now becasue we are just happy to have a small local club.
meanwhile in Exeter
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We're bigger then argyle you see
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Massive Rant, Sorry.   A Massive Rant, Sorry. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Massive Rant, Sorry.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2