Dane
Mock Cuncher
Rickler
Dougie
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

ATD Advertising 2013 Empty
PostSubject: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 6:05 pm

Ian Newell has made a wonderful gesture to us here at ATD and i'd like to open it up to you all.

See his message below.

I think if we all chip in just £5 a month we could do this.

Thank you Ian for your generosity.

IJN wrote:
Ladies and gents, as most of you know, I am tasked with boosting the commerciality of this site, and also to improve the user experience for all Pasoti members, both lurking and posting.

I am now offering a banner advert, like the one below the Pasoti logo, for £250.00 per YEAR!!

That will include the making of your banner, and it will be placed for all to see, in a random sequence on a website that has 1.8 million hits per month, which is a phenomenal amount of viewers.

Send me a PM and I'll do the rest.

A) It's good for your business and B) You help to pay for the hosting of this site. Win/win.

I would add that Pasoti is non profit making.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I'd like to know how many of those so called 1.8 million hits are UNIQUE and not the same person refreshing.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 6:12 pm

1.79 million multis then
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 6:25 pm

if they are sponsored already why are they asking for that a year :S seems like greed for a non profit organisation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 6:32 pm

I think he's on about the adverts at the bottom that change everytime you sign up.

I might email and ask if we can advertise there lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 6:53 pm

Yea Man wrote:
I think he's on about the adverts at the bottom that change everytime you sign up.

my point is why is he charging that much for advertising on there when the site has a main sponsor!!!! if this place charged that much for advertising i would still think its far too much and selling out pig

afro
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:05 pm

How much do does it cost to run a website like Pasoti every month?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:10 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

my point is why is he charging that much for advertising on there when the site has a main sponsor!!!! if this place charged that much for advertising i would still think its far too much and selling out pig

afro

I'm with you now.

So Pasoti is non-profit.

If 10 businessess decide to take him up on his offer that's £2500 he'll be making. Doesn't cost that much to run Pasoti that's for sure.

I imagine it costs nothing to have the adverts on Pasoti, it's simply adding a piece of script which can be done in less than 30 minutes if someone knows how to do it.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:14 pm

Unfortunately on the 'new' PASOTI home page we're not listed, even under the 'fan' site list. How regrettable.

The issue with 'hits' is that "1.8 million" certainly doesn't reflect the number of individual visitors to PASOTI. On each visit to a 'forum' people can register hundreds of 'hits' to a forum.

Also, forums can be particularly easy websites to manipulate 'hits' by reducing things like posts per page...if a thread is 10 pages long instead of 5, you naturally get double the hits, etc. The more sub forums that threads are contained in, the same.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:22 pm

Pasoti is hosted by RapidSwitch LTD. http://www.rapidswitch.com/

http://pasoti.co.uk.hostlogr.com/

Wonder how much they pay for their server when we have one just as good for free Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:36 pm

There is no way it costs 250 a year to run. Newell makes money from the advertising on pasoti

Everytime a advert is clicked on he makes money from that click. That 250 will go straight into newells holiday fund.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:38 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Unfortunately on the 'new' PASOTI home page we're not listed, even under the 'fan' site list. How regrettable.

The issue with 'hits' is that "1.8 million" certainly doesn't reflect the number of individual visitors to PASOTI. On each visit to a 'forum' people can register hundreds of 'hits' to a forum.

Also, forums can be particularly easy websites to manipulate 'hits' by reducing things like posts per page...if a thread is 10 pages long instead of 5, you naturally get double the hits, etc. The more sub forums that threads are contained in, the same.

we never were mock!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:10 pm

I'd be interested to know what the £250 for each advert covers of FIL have already sponsored pasoti.

And i'd be very interested in proof that they get over a million hits a month. Unique hits that is, not the same people clicking in and out of the main page.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:33 pm

i maybe a laxed website developer but no forum costs that much to run!
Back to top Go down
mikes

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 2:38 pm

Rickler wrote:
How much do does it cost to run a website like Pasoti every month?

A few years ago (five maybe) when Gaddy first asked for contributions to the cost of the site, and I think that was when the donate button first appeared, then I'm fairly sure it cost about 30-40 pounds a month to run the site. That was hosting only pretty much, and all administration and moderation was voluntary.

I don't know if the recent revamp and addition of graphics/logos needs to be paid for, but otherwise I'd have thought it very unlikely that the costs have more than doubled at most in that time, and may even have stayed static. So 350-500 a year I'd have thought, although you can probably get the same package cheaper.

What may have increased is the bandwidth charge, which is in addition to the basic hosting. You normally get xGb for free, and then have to pay extra above that. More visits, equals more cost. Although until now it has been pretty graphics light. For a long time I used it as a test whether my phone could get to a site, as I knew the landing page had minimal graphics. Not sure if that is still the case.

But in any case if it's being run partly as commercial however that is described and interpreted, then I imagine Twitter and this site can keep me just as informed. Not sure how it will go on, but I've not been on there since I read that statement. Given that they now have sponsorship, and given the low cost of maintenance, then I don't really see why there needs to be any commercial development.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 2:52 pm

I wouldn't have thought the 'graphics' would have cost much to produce - anyone with Photoshop could knock those up in half an hour, and the original photos had already been produced.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 4:08 pm

Slush fund innit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 4:23 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
I wouldn't have thought the 'graphics' would have cost much to produce - anyone with Photoshop could knock those up in half an hour, and the original photos had already been produced.

i could do one for ATD (my election pledge ;0 ) if desired
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 4:26 pm

best for ATD to advertise in Rub of the Greens & away matchday programmes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 4:30 pm

Elias wrote:
best for ATD to advertise in Rub of the Greens & away matchday programmes

rotg still going? the website i mean
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 7:20 pm

So how did Leigh Rapson manage to reply to Newell's locked thread on pasoti?

Is Rappers a secret mod? Laughing
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 7:32 pm

Yea Man wrote:

Its not locked .

Instead of a banner advert on pasoti why not just keep sponsoring a player or if funds can stretch maybe a advertising board at home park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 7:36 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

Its not locked

Oh yeah lol!

Does that mean that nobody likes his idea then if nobody has replied lol!
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 7:57 pm

Yea Man wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

Its not locked

Oh yeah lol!

Does that mean that nobody likes his idea then if nobody has replied lol!

it means no ones got anything to advertise or more likely its over priced which it is lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 8:31 pm

Why pay £250 when you can advertise here for free. Laughing
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 1:59 pm

Maybe Pasoti could do us a deal, Pasoti on here for free and ATD on there for free. Razz

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATD Advertising 2013   ATD Advertising 2013 Empty

Back to top Go down

ATD Advertising 2013
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next