Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unashamed advertising

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Unashamed advertising Empty
PostSubject: Unashamed advertising   Unashamed advertising EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:50 pm

Unashamed advertising:

In the next few months at Calstock Arts Centre

Folk - the legendary Martin Carthy & Dave Swarbrick; Unstrung Heroes - Seth Lakeman's dad & friends (we're trying to twist arms to get junior to turn up also); Dalla - Cornish folk; evergreen Michael Chapman; the local Tavy Tars in a charity show for RNLI.

Jazz- the exciting Gilad Atzmon with Sarah Gillespie; The First Calstock Jazz Festival filling the village with jazz including Clare Teale, Dave O'Higgins, Nicolas Meier & Abram Wilson; Misbehavin' with Helen Porter.

Contemporary - from Cornwall, Katie Marie; from Wales, Paper Aeroplanes.

Classical - the return of the world standard Dante String Quartet, this time featuring Schubert's 'Death & the Maiden'.

Poetry - the stunning punk poet, Brighton supporter and generous in his support for the Argyle cause in the last year - Attila the Stockbroker; I think Brian Patten and Roger McGough have also just been booked.[list][*]

In recent months there has been cinema, award-winning Jazz act Empirical, Neil Innes, Matt Harvey, world-famous classical performers Craig Ogden and Claire Bradshaw, Gigspanner, Jo Caulfield, Andrew Motion, John Hegley, etc etc.

Good place to come.

The web-site.

Last edited by knecht on Fri May 04, 2012 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unashamed advertising   Unashamed advertising EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:51 pm

Is the chip shop still open?
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Unashamed advertising   Unashamed advertising EmptyFri May 04, 2012 1:09 pm

For those who don't fancy the drive, is there still a viable train alternative?
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Unashamed advertising   Unashamed advertising EmptyFri May 04, 2012 1:32 pm

Dingle wrote:
For those who don't fancy the drive, is there still a viable train alternative?

No, but I hear a stagecoach still runs every other Wednesday Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Unashamed advertising   Unashamed advertising EmptyFri May 04, 2012 1:36 pm

knecht wrote:
Unashamed advertising:

In the next few months at Calstock Arts Centre

Folk - the legendary Martin Carthy & Dave Swarbrick; Unstrung Heroes - Seth Lakeman's dad & friends (we're trying to twist arms to get junior to turn up also); Dalla - Cornish folk; evergreen Michael Chapman; the local Tavy Tars in a charity show for RNLI.

Jazz- the exciting Gilad Atzmon with Sarah Gillespie; The First Calstock Jazz Festival filling the village with jazz including Clare Teale, Dave O'Higgins, Nicolas Meier & Abram Wilson; Misbehavin' with Helen Porter.

Contemporary - from Cornwall, Katie Marie; from Wales, Paper Aeroplanes.

Classical - the return of the world standard Dante String Quartet, this team featuring Schubert's 'Death & the Maiden'.

Poetry - the stunning punk poet, Brighton supporter and generous in his support for the Argyle cause in the last year - Attila the Stockbroker; I think Brian Patten and Roger McGough have also just been booked.[list][*]

In recent months there has been cinema, award-winning Jazz act Empirical, Neil Innes, Matt Harvey, world-famous classical performers Craig Ogden and Claire Bradshaw, Gigspanner, Jo Caulfield, Andrew Motion, John Hegley, etc etc.

Good place to come.

The web-site.

Have you had Show Of Hands there? I also know quite a few folk artists who are always on the look out for gigs, (through my radio show), from all over the country, and some of further afield too, who may be just what you are looking for?

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: Unashamed advertising   Unashamed advertising EmptyFri May 04, 2012 2:52 pm

My wife and I use the train from Plymouth to Calstock a few times a year as much for the train journey rather than just as a means to get to Calstock, which is in it's self is very nice he added hurriedly. cyclops
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unashamed advertising   Unashamed advertising EmptyFri May 04, 2012 3:28 pm

Sadly, no the chip shop's closed. But the Tamar do a really good fish & chips on a Friday and a variable (sometimes excellent - sometimes poor) on a Wednesday night. The beer's pretty dam good as well.

The last train goes back to Plymouth at 10:30 - not especially good timing. Though I think the summer time-table starts soon so that might be better. The train journey is lovely but, probably best in early spring or Autumn when the views aren't obscured by trees in full leaf.

Show of Hands - they are fully booked for hundreds of years but, the last I heard, we were going to manage one of them on his own later in the year. I'm not involved in the bookings but if you ring or e-mail the Chapel (follow the links on The Old Chapel web-site or pm me your contact details and I'll pass them on) then Kate will deal with you, Sandy (she might even twist your arm for a bit of publicity). She's always on the look-out for performers. Bear in mind, though, that we have a capacity of about 120 so possibly not huge names who will charge the earth. But, Claire Teale, for example, who recently filled the Albert Hall is willing to 'step down' because we have such a superb venue. The acoustics are excellent and we also have a newly installed sound-system. Where is your radio programme, Sandy?

It's all run by volunteers from the village or nearby - I help run the bar. Well, someone has to do it.

And, for those of you who are so inclined or have children who might be interested, we have a licence for weddings. It's an old chapel with a wonderful setting in a beautiful building. Pity about the staff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unashamed advertising   Unashamed advertising EmptyFri May 04, 2012 3:57 pm

A bit more advertising

Unashamed advertising DSCF1120
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unashamed advertising   Unashamed advertising EmptyFri May 04, 2012 4:22 pm

Grumpy wrote:
A bit more advertising

Unashamed advertising DSCF1120

If you turn right and look up there's the Chapel. And if you travel a bit further on you could drop in on me for a drink.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unashamed advertising   Unashamed advertising EmptyFri May 04, 2012 7:57 pm

Could be an ATD summer trip there ...

On the subject of unashamed advertising, can I just point viewers in the direction of my signature? Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unashamed advertising   Unashamed advertising EmptyFri May 04, 2012 8:25 pm

Peggy wrote:

On the subject of unashamed advertising, can I just point viewers in the direction of my signature? Thanks!

I had a look Peggy. You've had the small people around playing with crayons again haven't you Razz Could you produce something gentle and soothing for me? I find my life a maelstrom of angry red and pools of eternal blackness at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unashamed advertising   Unashamed advertising EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:51 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Peggy wrote:

I had a look Peggy. You've had the small people around playing with crayons again haven't you Razz Could you produce something gentle and soothing for me? I find my life a maelstrom of angry red and pools of eternal blackness at the moment.

That's what you get for being permanently logged on to ATD lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unashamed advertising   Unashamed advertising EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:03 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I find my life a maelstrom of angry red and pools of eternal blackness at the moment.

Like this?

Unashamed advertising Red_wa11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unashamed advertising   Unashamed advertising EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:47 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Peggy wrote:

That's what you get for being permanently logged on to ATD lol!

I know. I was going to cut right back as well. Doesn't help that tiny man had pushed my phone down the side of the sofa. I wondered why I could hear AC/DC faintly all evening, and no one had called me for a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unashamed advertising   Unashamed advertising EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:48 pm

Peggy wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
I find my life a maelstrom of angry red and pools of eternal blackness at the moment.

Like this?

Unashamed advertising Red_wa11

No, that represents me chilled out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unashamed advertising   Unashamed advertising EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:53 pm

Calstock is a fine enough place... I'm visiting down there off the train fairly often.
The village hall doesn't rock as much as the old one, some great times, but still one of the Cornish villages that allow culture to take it's own path. What other village would appreciate an Alien detector van with all the scientific inquisitive gubbins ?

The outdoor Saturday of the annual festival is a good time to enjoy the lazy river and it's folk. Second week in June this year I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unashamed advertising   Unashamed advertising EmptySat May 05, 2012 12:08 am

Penz wrote:
Calstock is a fine enough place... I'm visiting down there off the train fairly often.
The village hall doesn't rock as much as the old one, some great times, but still one of the Cornish villages that allow culture to take it's own path. What other village would appreciate an Alien detector van with all the scientific inquisitive gubbins ?

The outdoor Saturday of the annual festival is a good time to enjoy the lazy river and it's folk. Second week in June this year I think.

Calstock Festival weekend - Attila the Stockbroker with friend Saturday 9th June. (The biker festival in August is always pretty good also).

During the long weekend of the Jazz festival there will be something going on in all the venues: The Arts Centre, the Tamar, the village hall, the social club, the art gallery and even the church is having a gospel choir. Be there or be square.

Must have that pint in the Tamar, Penz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unashamed advertising   Unashamed advertising EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:39 am

I'm disappointed the chippy is closed, do they still do the boat trip, I had that penciled in for the summer? I'm tempted by the bike festival and the folk festival.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unashamed advertising   Unashamed advertising EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 10:53 am

Bump

Boat trips are still going strong.

Sadly, this weekend's Green Festival hit by the weather.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unashamed advertising   Unashamed advertising EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 11:19 am

Ball cock's I was going to try and catch Attilla the stockbroker, ah well, next time then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unashamed advertising   Unashamed advertising Empty

Back to top Go down

Unashamed advertising
Page 1 of 1