Chemical Ali
Dane
Greenskin
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Southborne

Other issues tonight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other issues tonight   Other issues tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:33 am

Cardiff will need to stay in the PL. Don't forget that during his time in charge Ridsdale deferred a load of nearly £30m to be paid off at a later date and that still hangs over them, So the TV money and other monies they will get is crucial for them.

If they're a one season wonder and get relegated end of next season the shit will hit the fan big time.

Also the new owners of Cardiff were adamant that Ridsdale was not involved in the club or anywhere near it when they took over
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Other issues tonight   Other issues tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:40 am

pilgrim_pete wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
In the Staplewallet days [I'll never hear a bad word said about that man and his lovely family] the farm controllers used to promote the organic model, year on year progress blah , blah......... and look disapprovingly at Cardiff for spending money they didn't have , to reach for the stars.

Guess what ? They made it.

Meanwhile, all the Pasoti control freaks want is a compliant place at the top table and permanent mediocrity.

It's a good job Cardiff didn't blame 'Apathetic Taffies'. Build it and they will come.

They made it by changing from blue to red and changing their badge completely due to their sugar daddy owner.

Each to their own but give me ARGYLE in GREEN in L2 anyday.

I don't think too many hungover Cardiff fans will care if he decides the kit for next season is pink to be fair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Other issues tonight   Other issues tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:31 pm

One thing is for sure with Pompey in the league there is another guranteed big crowd for Home Park next season to either replace or alongside the devon derbies.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Other issues tonight   Other issues tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:37 pm

Freathy wrote:
Pompey got to be favourites to piss all over L2 next season. Bristol City's last two seasons in the Championship were like our two last Championship seasons - survive by the skin of their teeth but then go down the following season. I hope for their sakes they don't have a first season back in L1 like us.

How?

They are Skint, run by fans with no money

They have a loan they have to pay back to the council

They have no players

They have shit loads of creditors

They will be paying former players who were on fat salaries for years

-10 points

They might surprise everyone but i fancy them more likely to struggle to hit any higher than the bottom 8
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Other issues tonight   Other issues tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:39 pm

Southborne wrote:
Cardiff will need to stay in the PL. Don't forget that during his time in charge Ridsdale deferred a load of nearly £30m to be paid off at a later date and that still hangs over them, So the TV money and other monies they will get is crucial for them.

If they're a one season wonder and get relegated end of next season the shit will hit the fan big time.

Also the new owners of Cardiff were adamant that Ridsdale was not involved in the club or anywhere near it when they took over

They have 5mil to pay Sam Haman as they reached the Prem while still owing money to him.

Cardiff will have a minimum of 100 mil TV and parachute money over the next 4 years even if they go down, so i think they will be OK.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Other issues tonight   Other issues tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:42 pm

125+1 wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Pompey got to be favourites to piss all over L2 next season. Bristol City's last two seasons in the Championship were like our two last Championship seasons - survive by the skin of their teeth but then go down the following season. I hope for their sakes they don't have a first season back in L1 like us.

How?

They have no players

-10 points

They might surprise everyone but i fancy them more likely to struggle to hit any higher than the bottom 8

They have some wealthy backers amongst their trust. Unlike ours who was hijacked by a bunch of nobodies interested in car parking spaces. After having most of its money handed to the Green Taverners to pay off Brent's debts and has been belittled by the same supporters that used it to nail their car park, the trust is only now finding its voice again.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Other issues tonight   Other issues tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:45 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Freathy wrote:

How?

They have no players

-10 points

They have some wealthy backers amongst their trust. Unlike ours who was hijacked by a bunch of nobodies interested in car parking spaces.

They have, BUT, the FA will be hot on any spending they do and there is a wage cap aswell.
Back to top Go down
Southborne

PostSubject: Re: Other issues tonight   Other issues tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:47 pm

125+1 wrote:
Southborne wrote:

They have 5mil to pay Sam Haman as they reached the Prem while still owing money to him.

Cardiff will have a minimum of 100 mil TV and parachute money over the next 4 years even if they go down, so i think they will be OK.

Maybe so but once those greedy agents, players and everyone else, Plus the expectations of fans wanting them to gamble to stay up that money might not be enough. The ground is a small one compared to most in the PL, Look at Portsmouth, They were paying players £50k+ per week on crowds of just over 20k a few years ago and look what happened there, Wages have shot up even further since then. I don't think it will be plain sailing for them. Much as they hate them, Swansea would be a good role model for them to follow and the Swans are now planning to extend their ground to 33k
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Other issues tonight   Other issues tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 2:08 pm

What a dilemma Rolling Eyes Of course, had Staplewallet [run by fans for fans] promoted the club's potential when we were averaging 16k in our first season in the Championship and found a wealthy owner,or at the very least, accepted offers of investment, it might have been us under Pulis or Holloway talking about parachute payments today and most likely doing something along the lines of Hull City, previously the largest city club never to have made the top flight and cemented their fanbase of believers.
I seem to remember that our squad was better than theirs prior to the firesale , to make the books look good for the Japs. Hull got promoted and we disappeared up various orifices blaming Holloway and worshipping/ trusting in fine gentlemen in suits until.................. the reluctant puppet master arrived with promises of silly hats n titles Rolling Eyes No

Those who currently try to dominate opinion as supposed fans' reps are simply outclassed janners, unfit for leadership roles other than where drum banging, bucket rattling and rabble rousing activities are required.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Other issues tonight   Other issues tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 2:46 pm

feck off holloway was sung last night at chesterfield, not sure why. harking back to 'the glory days' as usual. and for that matter, does anyone else find the 'coyg' chant an utterly depressing dirge, could sing it at thatchers incarceration
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Other issues tonight   Other issues tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 3:44 pm

I can't see Pompey struggling next season even if they do start on -10. With their off-field problems resolved they'll get back to being a football club and a big fish in a small pond. Being Trust owned doesn't mean they can't have walleted directors on the board, who will know how to invest in the club. It's unlikely they'll follow our lead and go for cheap inexperienced talented individuals to lead them out this league nor will they have the hassle of property development hindering them. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see them challenging for a play-off spot.

As for Cardiff, I'm probably in the minority but I'm delighted for their fans. Much of their off-field financial problems were caused during Ridsdale's reign, which involved property development and associated shady dealings. Unlike our supporters, they protested and eventually got Ridsdale removed. Whilst their new owners have been controversial (changing kit colour etc) they've paid their way without any further ado. Good luck to 'em.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Other issues tonight   Other issues tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 3:56 pm

125+1 wrote:
Freathy wrote:

How?

They have no players

-10 points

I can agree to that also...

Pompey will be seen by the other League Two clubs and League Two fans as a fallen beast now whimpering,a side that can be beaten.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Other issues tonight   Other issues tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 4:01 pm

Mapperley, darling wrote:
feck off holloway was sung last night at chesterfield, not sure why. harking back to 'the glory days' as usual. and for that matter, does anyone else find the 'coyg' chant an utterly depressing dirge, could sing it at thatchers incarceration

Childlike behaviour. Nasty Ollie took 'his' player back who he'd kindly loaned to the club that wouldn't back him in 2007.From what I've heard, Banton could come off the bench in the play offs, when he's fully fit and up to speed and score a goal out of nothing, as he did at Argyle.

Embarrassingly Aviva fans No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Other issues tonight   Other issues tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 5:04 pm

125+1 wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Freathy wrote:

How?

They have no players

-10 points

They have some wealthy backers amongst their trust. Unlike ours who was hijacked by a bunch of nobodies interested in car parking spaces.

They have, BUT, the FA will be hot on any spending they do and there is a wage cap aswell.

I bet they are quaking in their boots
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Other issues tonight   Other issues tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:19 pm

125+1 wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Freathy wrote:

How?

They have no players

-10 points

That old chestnut! Just like they're making sure Brent doesn't build a decent grandstand for us and only lets us sign shit players Razz
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Other issues tonight   Other issues tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:24 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Freathy wrote:

How?

They have no players

-10 points

I bet they are quaking in their boots

Exactly. Pompey will flout the rules just like Crawley clearly must have done and get away with it. And the best of luck to them! They won't be stuck propping up this god forsaken shit hole division for years to come being held back by the property developing owner from hell! Minus 10 points is a nuisance but won't stop them being in the promotion race.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Other issues tonight   Other issues tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:31 pm

pilgrim_pete wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
In the Staplewallet days [I'll never hear a bad word said about that man and his lovely family] the farm controllers used to promote the organic model, year on year progress blah , blah......... and look disapprovingly at Cardiff for spending money they didn't have , to reach for the stars.

Guess what ? They made it.

Meanwhile, all the Pasoti control freaks want is a compliant place at the top table and permanent mediocrity.

It's a good job Cardiff didn't blame 'Apathetic Taffies'. Build it and they will come.

They made it by changing from blue to red and changing their badge completely due to their sugar daddy owner.

Each to their own but give me ARGYLE in GREEN in L2 anyday.

As far as I'm concerned a wealthy owner (I mean one who actualy invests) could have Argo playing in purple and pink polka dots if he got us to the prem! Which thinking about it is actually preferable to that minging shit drab dark green we play in now.

DARK GREEN OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Other issues tonight   Other issues tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Looks like Pompey's 10 point deduction will be this season and not next! They will piss this division next season now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Other issues tonight   Other issues tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 10:33 pm

I must admit i cant stand that Dark Green that was literally enforced on the supporters in the 2000/01 season, at times it looks like we are playing in dark blue or black ffs, i see on pasoti X Isle claims the dark should stay as the 18-25 group cant remember anything else..democracy in action folks because according to X iSLE the dark gets a 2 per cent advantage over the old shirts in the loaded pasoti vote. Not that i give a shit about any of this basket case of a club anymore.
fecked over with a shit micro-stand, fecked over by wanker super fans and now fecked over by wearing utter crappy black shirts.
wake me up when this nightmare is over
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Other issues tonight   Other issues tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 10:57 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
I must admit i cant stand that Dark Green that was literally enforced on the supporters in the 2000/01 season, at times it looks like we are playing in dark blue or black ffs, i see on pasoti X Isle claims the dark should stay as the 18-25 group cant remember anything else..democracy in action folks because according to X iSLE the dark gets a 2 per cent advantage over the old shirts in the loaded pasoti vote. Not that i give a shit about any of this basket case of a club anymore.
fecked over with a shit micro-stand, fecked over by wanker super fans and now fecked over by wearing utter crappy black shirts.
wake me up when this nightmare is over

The vote was set up by Newell & co to try and reintroduce oirish green despite next seasons kit already being selected by 50% of a 2,000 strong vote in the 'erald. The fact that it has failed along with the loaded "grandstand" vote failing to back Brent's plans is the only glimmer of hope on that site.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Other issues tonight   Other issues tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 11:01 pm

Tringreen wrote:
What a dilemma Rolling Eyes Of course, had Staplewallet [run by fans for fans] promoted the club's potential when we were averaging 16k in our first season in the Championship and found a wealthy owner,or at the very least, accepted offers of investment, it might have been us under Pulis or Holloway talking about parachute payments today and most likely doing something along the lines of Hull City, previously the largest city club never to have made the top flight and cemented their fanbase of believers.
I seem to remember that our squad was better than theirs prior to the firesale , to make the books look good for the Japs. Hull got promoted and we disappeared up various orifices blaming Holloway and worshipping/ trusting in fine gentlemen in suits until.................. the reluctant puppet master arrived with promises of silly hats n titles Rolling Eyes No

Those who currently try to dominate opinion as supposed fans' reps are simply outclassed janners, unfit for leadership roles other than where drum banging, bucket rattling and rabble rousing activities are required.

As the much discussed "offer of help" was a front for a Peter Jones board takeover, do his actions in the last year make you think things would have panned out very differently?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Other issues tonight   Other issues tonight - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:19 am

green_genie wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

As the much discussed "offer of help" was a front for a Peter Jones board takeover, do his actions in the last year make you think things would have panned out very differently?

Plympton Pilgrim knows all about the 'Consortium'. I am not best placed to answer that. However, I do think PJ is now biding his time. Sooner or later Brent will want to offload the football club [he doesn't 'get it', he 'gets' those he can flatter and manipulate in return for their control over the Aviva masses] and PJ is making sure he is in position to be involved in any new ownership.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other issues tonight   Other issues tonight - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Other issues tonight
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2