12 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Tonight   Tonight EmptyTue Apr 12, 2022 9:51 pm

Burton 0 Wigan 0
Pompey 3 Rotherham 0

Rovrum in complete freefall maybe agent Ladapo is causing as much ructions up there as he allegedly did during Argyle's disaster finish. Still by no means impossible for Argyle to get automatic especially with MKD to come at HP-odds against it but very possible. Maybe that draw at Burton wasn't such a bad result after all considering that Wigan weren't able to break them down either.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight EmptyTue Apr 12, 2022 10:26 pm

Play up Pompey!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 7:48 am

Still think it's way too big an ask for Argo to make the play-offs.  If our last 4 matches were against bottom 7 instead of top 7 then maybe but really can't see us picking up any more points this season.  Think we'll finish 7th or 8th which is still a very good season.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 8:02 am

Freathy wrote:
Still think it's way too big an ask for Argo to make the play-offs.  If our last 4 matches were against bottom 7 instead of top 7 then maybe but really can't see us picking up any more points this season.  Think we'll finish 7th or 8th which is still a very good season.

If you knew anything at all about football, you’d know that more often than not, the sides battling against relegation are the ones that pull out the surprise results at this time of the season. It’s the teams with fcuk all to play for that you wanna play.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 8:22 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Freathy wrote:

If you knew anything at all about football, you’d know that more often than not, the sides battling against relegation are the ones that pull out the surprise results at this time of the season. It’s the teams with fcuk all to play for that you wanna play.
Our last 4 opponents have plenty to play for.  Plus 3 of the 4 we're facing have already beaten us convincingly this season and we only scraped a draw against the 4th (MKD).
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 8:25 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Also I don't think we have conceded a goal in the last 8 or 9 matches can't see we will start leaking like No. 10 all of a sudden now, tough games but we only need one win or a few draws, beat Sunderland (which I think we will) and MK will be a massive game, at home in front of a sellout crowd, not what MK would want for their last game. Playoffs assured imo.
Also three teams below us are five points behind us I can't imagine them all gaining more points than us.
Saturday is a big day when we are away at Wycombe and I can see us getting points and Rovrum home to Ipswich (away win wouldn't shock me) and MK home to Wednesday, a draw would be great or if MK beat Wed that would put them out of the running for good.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 10:33 am

I'd suggest though it's possible the chances of slipping as low as 8th are pretty remote.

I'm not suggesting if we lose them all we'd be fine but teams just don't move up and down loads of places in the table this late in the season.

Truthfully I just can't see automatic with 4 to play and 5 points to make up regardless of opposition (even if one is against the team we have to overhaul).

Wigan are surely a given to go up, it's really MK and Rotherham for second and four from five for the playoffs. This time next week and it'll be pretty clear I reckon.

Best chance to go up automatically is for Wigan to be promoted before we play them.

Back to top Go down
GeeGeeBilla

GeeGeeBilla

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 11:50 am

I wouldnt rule us out at all
Anything can happen and should we collect 3 points at Wycombe then all bets are off with 3 to play at that point
I feel play offs are already a certainty provided we avoid the worst possible result this Friday

I think we could achieve 2nd still
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 1:17 pm

Spot on Harve.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 1:31 pm

Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 6:21 pm

Rotherham have played a lot of games recently including an ET battle at Wembley and its starting to show.

This will come as news to their support who seemed to think they were already champions when they played us back in February
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 6:57 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Spot on Harve.

ffs that cnut back on here again!!!! i had a feeling that boris fine would bring the retard out of hiding deadhorse deadhorse deadhorse
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 7:46 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Spot on Harve.

ffs that cnut back on here again!!!! i had a feeling that boris fine would bring the retard out of hiding deadhorse deadhorse deadhorse

Back on here x3 I reckon. You know as an ex mod how easy the multis are to spot by the emails, the username is another one then the ignoring of questions. The dead giveaway is the intro like "just returned from Oz, NZ, France ECT they didn't have wifi I've there so glad to get home so I can join in again."
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 12:49 pm

FFS! Don’t make our job any harder by telling people our tells. Very Happy

FWIW my feeling is it’s one of 3 people banned including harve.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 2:49 pm

Is Harve actually banned? He’s showing at the bottom of the main page as having a birthday coming up. Don’t neutralised posters show as ‘guest’ Question
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 2:53 pm

Guess their new forum didn't take off....
Back to top Go down
GeeGeeBilla

GeeGeeBilla

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 3:56 pm

Doubtless someone will eventually care to elaborate what is going on in this thread
I have no idea who runs the forum but if you don't want joiners I might suggest you don't offer the facility in the first place!
Oldham is somewhat more friendly to say the least. I'll come back after the Sunderland game where hopefully the welcome will be somewhat more cordial.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 4:11 pm

Neigh bother.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 5:24 pm

No need to be Horse stile.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 6:43 pm

GeeGeeBilla wrote:
Doubtless someone will eventually care to elaborate what is going on in this thread
I have no idea who runs the forum but if you don't want joiners I might suggest you don't offer the facility in the first place!
Oldham is somewhat more friendly to say the least. I'll come back after the Sunderland game where hopefully the welcome will be somewhat more cordial.
Thanks

Agree GGB, they've been less than amicable to you since you joined the site. I'm prepared to have a proper football conversation with you even if they aren't-what a great season so far, what do you think about the performances of Danny Mayor and Michael Cooper during it?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 7:32 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Is Harve actually banned? He’s showing at the bottom of the main page as having a birthday coming up. Don’t neutralised posters show as ‘guest’ Question

If they are deleted they appear as guests, Harve is just disabled, so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 7:48 pm

GeeGeeBilla wrote:
Thanks

I have welcomed you and asked where the username came from and have been ignored, twice, strange behaviour from someone joining a forum that is all about members talking to each other.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 8:25 pm

Greenskin wrote:
GeeGeeBilla wrote:
Thanks

Agree GGB, they've been less than amicable to you since you joined the site. I'm prepared to have a proper football conversation with you even if they aren't-what a great season so far, what do you think about the performances of Danny Mayor and Michael Cooper during it?

cheers
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 8:43 pm

Greenskin wrote:
GeeGeeBilla wrote:
Thanks

fishing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight   Tonight Empty

Back to top Go down

Tonight
Page 1 of 1