Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Covenants changed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Covenants changed Empty
PostSubject: Covenants changed   Covenants changed EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:53 am

It seems that the covenants protecting Home Park are to be changed to allow for development. There's a surprise!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Covenants changed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covenants changed   Covenants changed EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:51 am

Makes good sense really, as long as any development meets with Council approval.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Covenants changed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covenants changed   Covenants changed EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 11:50 am

I agree Pete, as long as the City's needs are protected and Argyle, potentially, benefit it could be good.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Covenants changed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covenants changed   Covenants changed EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:23 pm

Does it coincide with this?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Covenants changed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covenants changed   Covenants changed EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:31 pm

Very good
Back to top Go down

Covenants changed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covenants changed   Covenants changed EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:42 pm

From my perspective, it will only be good if the development is appropriate for the park. Only details of what Brent might want to do will clear that up.
I am assuming that the covenant being changed is to cover the hotel that was envisaged to complement the Life Centre, and that the 50% uplift land value clause might be waived .... basically, that would be a nice profit to cover even more of the losses of Stapleton et al...
The wording of the Herald article is a little confusing regarding Higher Home Park.

As an aside, given that Pater Jones supposedly originally agreed with Michael Foot on any of the park being sold to private owners, am I right that his support for Brent and this deal flags a change of heart if a private hotel gets the go ahead ? I would love to ask him that question.
Back to top Go down

Covenants changed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covenants changed   Covenants changed EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 7:41 am

Change is good as long as it's for the majority and not for personal financial wealth gain, three guesses why this change is being made.

It also shows how weak the covenants were anyway.

As much as I've supported Jones over the years PP, I think he would sell his soul for a position and a sarcastic wink at Stapes, I can't blame him for that though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Covenants changed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covenants changed   Covenants changed Empty

Back to top Go down

Covenants changed
Page 1 of 1