The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Strikers Coach

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Strikers Coach Empty
PostSubject: Strikers Coach   Strikers Coach EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:42 am

Given our strikers yet again proved they couldnt score in the playboy manison has the time come for John to bring in a strikers coach ASAP till the end of the season at least to try and improve this achillies heel of ours?

Back to top Go down

Strikers Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikers Coach   Strikers Coach EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:16 pm

Do you really think it would make any difference Angry? For me they might as well go out and literally buy a banjo and a cow to practice on. Either that or get their Sponsors Bond Timber to supply a barn door.

The last gasp end to the match last night just about sums it up for me. How you can miss, between two players, an open goal from a foot I just cannot fathom. Anyone in the ground could have farted on that ball and blow it in. If they cannot score that then I think they are beyond teaching anything. Despair just grows and grows.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Strikers Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikers Coach   Strikers Coach EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:27 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Given our strikers yet again proved they couldnt score in the playboy manison has the time come for John to bring in a strikers coach ASAP till the end of the season at least to try and improve this achillies heel of ours?

If there was any such thing he would only have to work for one week a year as he would be on even more money than you paid Taribo West.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Strikers Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikers Coach   Strikers Coach EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:31 pm

I've always believed that goalscorers are born , not made.
Back to top Go down

Strikers Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikers Coach   Strikers Coach EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:42 pm

Now for once Tring that is something we can agree on. As an example in last nights match there were several rebounds that went begging. A Tynan would have been on a hattrick because he just was in the right place at the right time. I think Steve Bull was another one like that as another example. Lineker, Mariner, the list could go on and all of them prolific without always trying to bust the net.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Strikers Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikers Coach   Strikers Coach EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:06 pm

Rubbish Idea

Strikers are strikers because they are born with the ability to score. The problem argyle have is they have no strikers who can score at this level. Brent needs to BUY a proven goalscorer

Very Simple
Back to top Go down

Strikers Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikers Coach   Strikers Coach EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:16 pm

well we cant buy a striker dane the transfer window shut

strikers are born with ability but made better by coaching if we cant bring in a new striker who can score we may aswell try and improve as much as possible the strikers we got now and make do.
Back to top Go down

Strikers Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikers Coach   Strikers Coach EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:

Nope. You cant polish a turd.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Strikers Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikers Coach   Strikers Coach EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:25 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
well we cant buy a striker dane the transfer window shut

strikers are born with ability but made better by coaching if we cant bring in a new striker who can score we may aswell try and improve as much as possible the strikers we got now and make do.

Yes they are made better by coaching while they are growing up.

In my opinion more chances need to be created, therefore improve the midfield
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Strikers Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikers Coach   Strikers Coach EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:30 pm

Barry Hales taught Ebanks all he knew about the dark arts of using elbows and fat arses but you can't coach a player to be in the right place at the right time and to have an instinctive finishing touch.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Strikers Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikers Coach   Strikers Coach EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:20 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:

strikers are born with ability but made better by coaching

Nah !

Strikers are born, all coaches ever do is coach that inate ability out of them to fit whatever blocks passing their A licence requires them suck. As Tring points out a footballing brain tells a striker when to go short or when to hang back, same as how young kids tend to whip one in early until they encounter coaches whose sole purpose in life is to make themselves important by complicating what is both a simple and beautiful game.
Back to top Go down

Strikers Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikers Coach   Strikers Coach EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:35 pm

if what you all are telling me there is no point in having any traing sessions and the players ought to just know it already and play well on saturdays!!!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Strikers Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikers Coach   Strikers Coach EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:45 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
if what you all are telling me there is no point in having any traing sessions and the players ought to just know it already and play well on saturdays!!!

Not sure where that came from, nobody is suggesting that practicing and training hard are not beneficial nor that working with the people you play with will not engender the right spiwit and foster partnerships on the pitch which will bear fruit, it is simply that your premise that it is possible to coach a striker out of one of your current batch of unpolished turds simply by designating a specific turd polisher is flawed in the extreme.
Back to top Go down

Strikers Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikers Coach   Strikers Coach EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Strikers Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikers Coach   Strikers Coach EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:16 pm

Greenjock wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
cant remember tynan ever doing that
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

Strikers Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikers Coach   Strikers Coach EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:28 pm

I agree that there is no point in appointing a striker coach but surely there must be questions asked of the caliber of the existing coaches?

Although Fletcher has taken almost all of the blame for our awful season, some must fall at the feet of the current coaches. No experience and I'm not entirely sure of what they provide in terms of coaching skills. It's all very well bringing in an experienced manager but the rest of the set up is exactly the same. The same set up that has brought woeful performances and results for the last 18 months.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Strikers Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikers Coach   Strikers Coach EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 6:24 pm

Pete1886 wrote:
I agree that there is no point in appointing a striker coach but surely there must be questions asked of the caliber of the existing coaches?

Although Fletcher has taken almost all of the blame for our awful season, some must fall at the feet of the current coaches. No experience and I'm not entirely sure of what they provide in terms of coaching skills. It's all very well bringing in an experienced manager but the rest of the set up is exactly the same. The same set up that has brought woeful performances and results for the last 18 months.

At every turn,Brent's Argyle has been inept. Plenty of tub thumping, self promotion but not a frikkin clue when it comes to hiring staff capable of producing a 4th tier football team.
An absolute joke and with all this pasb/aft nonsense, a complete and utter sham. You've been rumbled. It's not about fan involvement, it's about fan compliance and blind faith generosity.
Back to top Go down

Strikers Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikers Coach   Strikers Coach EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 9:59 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

Not sure where that came from, nobody is suggesting that practicing and training hard are not beneficial nor that working with the people you play with will not engender the right spiwit and foster partnerships on the pitch which will bear fruit, it is simply that your premise that it is possible to coach a striker out of one of your current batch of unpolished turds simply by designating a specific turd polisher is flawed in the extreme.

it might be turd polishing as you say but if there is a fault/issue its better to address it somehow if it means bringing in an ex player to coach/mentor the strikers for a few sessions for the last 9 games of the season its worth a try. After all, we cant sign anyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Strikers Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikers Coach   Strikers Coach Empty

Back to top Go down

Strikers Coach
Page 1 of 1