+3
Elias
Jethro
mouldyoldgoat
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Ken Bates Mural? Empty
PostSubject: Ken Bates Mural?   Ken Bates Mural? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 6:00 pm

He's been linked with us and he drove past plymouth once, come on nool thats got to be worth a mural (sponsored by fes) geek
Back to top Go down

Ken Bates Mural? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Mural?   Ken Bates Mural? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 7:39 pm

im sure bates used to own a big farm, nool would feel right at home in the pig sty noshin pig g away
Back to top Go down

Ken Bates Mural? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Mural?   Ken Bates Mural? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 8:14 pm

Nool should strike while the irons hot..tis the way of the superfan.

Nickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk will take care of any murials
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Ken Bates Mural? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Mural?   Ken Bates Mural? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 8:17 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
im sure bates used to own a big farm, nool would feel right at home in the pig sty noshin pig g away

I think it was near Beaconsfield in Bucks.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Ken Bates Mural? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Mural?   Ken Bates Mural? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 8:18 pm

ken bates will have to look him in the eye and have his bottom lip queever and ian is like a glamour model in the tottenham hotspur dressing room
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Ken Bates Mural? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Mural?   Ken Bates Mural? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 11:55 pm

I hope bates comes down here with a joblot of white paint.paint over the shitty murals.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Ken Bates Mural? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Mural?   Ken Bates Mural? EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 2:58 am

he'll get one when we finish mid table in Division 4 !
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Ken Bates Mural? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Mural?   Ken Bates Mural? EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 3:11 am

Davidfriio4 wrote:
I hope bates comes down here with a joblot of white paint.paint over the shitty murals.

The murals are a lot better than bare concrete walls.

I think the murals are a welcome addition, it's who is depicted in them that needs a lot of attention.

A lot less of the 'here and now'... ..recent 'glories' seem to be just about covered, and so a focus on 'Argyle history' would be much better in my opinion.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Ken Bates Mural? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Mural?   Ken Bates Mural? EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 8:47 am

Rickler wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:

I think the murals are a welcome addition, it's who is depicted in them that needs a lot of attention.

A lot less of the 'here and now'... ..recent 'glories' seem to be just about covered, and so a focus on 'Argyle history' would be much better in my opinion.

Absolutely. It's only a matter of time before the tent dwelling, bucket rattling, Brent loving, Deepthroating Windsor Boys, have a Barbican style murial of themselves.................. at the insistence of the banker and his lovely family, of course ! Rolling Eyes
I think it would be a good idea................... so that the whole fanbase can be reminded of who they should never trust or listen to again.
Back to top Go down

Ken Bates Mural? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Mural?   Ken Bates Mural? EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:43 am

Rickler wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:

in my eyes they should be like a hall of fame type thing (do we still have that people it went dead after paul wotton got inducted) ie you should have achieved something of greatness for the club to get one so the murals have some meaning... and replace boring concrete walls.

I struggle to see what the hungarians did to get one.
Back to top Go down

Ken Bates Mural? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Mural?   Ken Bates Mural? EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:46 am

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:

in my eyes they should be like a hall of fame type thing (do we still have that people it went dead after paul wotton got inducted) ie you should have achieved something of greatness for the club to get one so the murals have some meaning... and replace boring concrete walls.

Even worse is the fact loud is featured on one, wtf
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

Ken Bates Mural? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Mural?   Ken Bates Mural? EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:45 pm

The mural's do a great job in covering up whats happening on the pitch and in the boardroom. Another one will be along shortly for sure.
Back to top Go down

Ken Bates Mural? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Mural?   Ken Bates Mural? EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:

Even worse is the fact loud is featured on one, wtf

That 'Johnny come lately' ? He embarrasses the hell out of me! lol!
Back to top Go down

Ken Bates Mural? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Mural?   Ken Bates Mural? EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 8:43 am

When does porky get back? I don't think a feckin mural is going to quell the tide of anger and frustration this time, nor will a lip quivering speech.

If Argyle lose on Tuesday and the grandstand plans aren't ready or don't meet with universal approval there are going to be some bleddy angry Janners out there.

Of course theres also the little matter of a local derby against Newell and Webb's favourite team which they are going to be hot favourites to win.

I suspect a tub thumping speech from Greenman, warmly applauded by porky and Postey is on the horizon. It will almost certainly be met with some choice comments that cannot all be deleted. This will be followed by the real Newell finally snapping and declaring that everybody else isn't a real fan. A recollection of how many hundreds of games he's been to, how many thousands of miles he's traveled, how much money he's spent and how undeserving the fickle fans are not appreciating the apathetic Janners are to have a great man like James Brent at the helm.

He'll be the first one to commit to buying a season ticket next season and will be quite looking forward to seeing some new grounds and excited about the plans for home park and will definitely be using the hotel/cinema/bingo hall/restaurant/bar all the time.

It won't be enough this time. A drop into non league football will be a step too far and people pissed off with the Brent regime will let rip in no uncertain terms.

This will be followed by tweedle dee saying it's not over yet. Remember last season? The club that wouldn't die etc etc. Only now it will be seen as empty rhetoric and just not bloody good enough for a team that is regularly getting gates twice the size of the sides around Argyle.

Argyle dropping into the BSP will be an unmitigated disaster. We were only two players short of a decent team over a year ago! Yet keeping faith with the exceptional individual months longer than any chairman with half a feckin braincell has cost Argyle dearly.

Just who was feeding this shit to Brent? Was he really taking advice from the gruesome twosome? Or is it Peter Jones, Colin Sextone or James Brent himself who is to blame?

Brent has to take overall responsibility for the demise, and if he truly has got the bug and his lip does quiver at the right time then he has to start acting like someone who gives a shit. Ditch the grinning buffoon Webb, who makes Ricky Gervais's Derek look like a feckin genius and the scheming evil fat bastard who has more than anyone been involved in the division of fans with his frankly unbelievable actions. Not all entirely from him first hand but you name any of the dirty or sinister episodes experienced by fellow fans who use the online forums and one name is never too far away. Ian Newell.

Just take a moment and reflect on some of the things that have gone on, I'm not going to name them all again, and Newell's fingerprints will be there somewhere. A friend gave me access to, I asked Newell for the password, I was involved but I wasn't the bad one, I was only thinking about the club, I only wanted the address for.....

Excuses. Every single time you hear something that makes you shake your head or gets you irate it emanates from a small group of people, all coincidentally connected to Newell or Pasoti which was his vehicle for carrying out the shit.

I would bet money that if I grabbed Postey around the throat right now and squeezed hard enough that he would either say Newell took part in the Greenman account, asked others to or set the account up originally. Until the snidey little feck Postey says any different that's who is prime suspect. Just like with deepthroat, Windsor boy, ADT, white feathers being sent, Wrathall's sponsor being named and God knows how many other acts of cuntishness online.

This guy has a dossier that makes Peter Jones piddling little file look like a small mound of earth in your garden made by a small blind, burrowing animal in comparison to Mt Everest.

I hate to say it but for me Argyle need a miracle to stay up now. Too many difficult games left and not enough points in the bag. Last season there was a backs to the wall siege mentality at the club. This season not enough players who give a flying feck what happens. Most of them are either on loan or not man enough for the challenge.

So Mr Brent, prepare yourself for the backlash. If you're not happy about the tiny bit of criticism you've encountered so far I would go into hiding pretty feckin sharpish because there is no way on earth that Plymouth Argyle should be anywhere near the relegation places in league two this season.

The past accounted for last season's relegation battle but Fletcher should have been thanked for his efforts and paid off as soon as the season ended. A football man appointed on the board and a proven management team given the funds to at least challenge this season. All the dead wood cleared out. Feeney and Chadwick retained? A strike partnership that wouldn't instill fear into an under 13 girls team. Too many inexperienced youngsters expected to be the engine room of a league where time on the ball is a luxury.

Now this will all need doing anyway but with crowds down by a third! And with only two promotion spots. In league two you get four spots and we are 20 places away from them ffs.

The 5-0 defeat to Yeovil in pre season should have been the wake up and smell the coffee moment but oh no it was "wait until the fireman is up to speed and Lowry is fit"

You're going to make a small fortune out of the developments so do you want to do that regardless of what league Argyle are in? Or do you actually give a toss and will invest some of your profits doing it?

If it's the latter then ditch the hangers on. Ditch Jones who has demonstrated nothing but contempt to the fanbase, your customers btw, and get a team around you of football savvy people. A board with more important things than development on their minds, a management team with ambitions higher than being in charge next season and back them financially or feck off and let someone who will do it have the chance.

If you want to be known as the man who saved Argyle really then start making plans for football rather than architects plans and ditch the PASB. Get communicating with the Argyle Fans Trust again and tell them what your intentions are. If you do this the fans will be right behind you every step of the way. Right now you are risking losing them forever and their children just might be toddling off and buying Manchester United shirts as we speak.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Ken Bates Mural? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Mural?   Ken Bates Mural? EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 9:54 am

Greenjock wrote:
When does porky get back? I don't think a feckin mural is going to quell the tide of anger and frustration this time, nor will a lip quivering speech.

If Argyle lose on Tuesday and the grandstand plans aren't ready or don't meet with universal approval there are going to be some bleddy angry Janners out there.

Of course theres also the little matter of a local derby against Newell and Webb's favourite team which they are going to be hot favourites to win.

I suspect a tub thumping speech from Greenman, warmly applauded by porky and Postey is on the horizon. It will almost certainly be met with some choice comments that cannot all be deleted. This will be followed by the real Newell finally snapping and declaring that everybody else isn't a real fan. A recollection of how many hundreds of games he's been to, how many thousands of miles he's traveled, how much money he's spent and how undeserving the fickle fans are not appreciating the apathetic Janners are to have a great man like James Brent at the helm.

He'll be the first one to commit to buying a season ticket next season and will be quite looking forward to seeing some new grounds and excited about the plans for home park and will definitely be using the hotel/cinema/bingo hall/restaurant/bar all the time.

It won't be enough this time. A drop into non league football will be a step too far and people pissed off with the Brent regime will let rip in no uncertain terms.

This will be followed by tweedle dee saying it's not over yet. Remember last season? The club that wouldn't die etc etc. Only now it will be seen as empty rhetoric and just not bloody good enough for a team that is regularly getting gates twice the size of the sides around Argyle.

Argyle dropping into the BSP will be an unmitigated disaster. We were only two players short of a decent team over a year ago! Yet keeping faith with the exceptional individual months longer than any chairman with half a feckin braincell has cost Argyle dearly.

Just who was feeding this shit to Brent? Was he really taking advice from the gruesome twosome? Or is it Peter Jones, Colin Sextone or James Brent himself who is to blame?

Brent has to take overall responsibility for the demise, and if he truly has got the bug and his lip does quiver at the right time then he has to start acting like someone who gives a shit. Ditch the grinning buffoon Webb, who makes Ricky Gervais's Derek look like a feckin genius and the scheming evil fat bastard who has more than anyone been involved in the division of fans with his frankly unbelievable actions. Not all entirely from him first hand but you name any of the dirty or sinister episodes experienced by fellow fans who use the online forums and one name is never too far away. Ian Newell.

Just take a moment and reflect on some of the things that have gone on, I'm not going to name them all again, and Newell's fingerprints will be there somewhere. A friend gave me access to, I asked Newell for the password, I was involved but I wasn't the bad one, I was only thinking about the club, I only wanted the address for.....

Excuses. Every single time you hear something that makes you shake your head or gets you irate it emanates from a small group of people, all coincidentally connected to Newell or Pasoti which was his vehicle for carrying out the shit.

I would bet money that if I grabbed Postey around the throat right now and squeezed hard enough that he would either say Newell took part in the Greenman account, asked others to or set the account up originally. Until the snidey little feck Postey says any different that's who is prime suspect. Just like with deepthroat, Windsor boy, ADT, white feathers being sent, Wrathall's sponsor being named and God knows how many other acts of cuntishness online.

This guy has a dossier that makes Peter Jones piddling little file look like a small mound of earth in your garden made by a small blind, burrowing animal in comparison to Mt Everest.

I hate to say it but for me Argyle need a miracle to stay up now. Too many difficult games left and not enough points in the bag. Last season there was a backs to the wall siege mentality at the club. This season not enough players who give a flying feck what happens. Most of them are either on loan or not man enough for the challenge.

So Mr Brent, prepare yourself for the backlash. If you're not happy about the tiny bit of criticism you've encountered so far I would go into hiding pretty feckin sharpish because there is no way on earth that Plymouth Argyle should be anywhere near the relegation places in league two this season.

The past accounted for last season's relegation battle but Fletcher should have been thanked for his efforts and paid off as soon as the season ended. A football man appointed on the board and a proven management team given the funds to at least challenge this season. All the dead wood cleared out. Feeney and Chadwick retained? A strike partnership that wouldn't instill fear into an under 13 girls team. Too many inexperienced youngsters expected to be the engine room of a league where time on the ball is a luxury.

Now this will all need doing anyway but with crowds down by a third! And with only two promotion spots. In league two you get four spots and we are 20 places away from them ffs.

The 5-0 defeat to Yeovil in pre season should have been the wake up and smell the coffee moment but oh no it was "wait until the fireman is up to speed and Lowry is fit"

You're going to make a small fortune out of the developments so do you want to do that regardless of what league Argyle are in? Or do you actually give a toss and will invest some of your profits doing it?

If it's the latter then ditch the hangers on. Ditch Jones who has demonstrated nothing but contempt to the fanbase, your customers btw, and get a team around you of football savvy people. A board with more important things than development on their minds, a management team with ambitions higher than being in charge next season and back them financially or feck off and let someone who will do it have the chance.

If you want to be known as the man who saved Argyle really then start making plans for football rather than architects plans and ditch the PASB. Get communicating with the Argyle Fans Trust again and tell them what your intentions are. If you do this the fans will be right behind you every step of the way. Right now you are risking losing them forever and their children just might be toddling off and buying Manchester United shirts as we speak.

Now that's a rallying speech! cheers

And yep, the non-investing banker had better stand by for some very unpleasant and very vocal face to face feedback when the final whistle blows on our league status next month.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

Ken Bates Mural? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Mural?   Ken Bates Mural? EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:29 am

Greenjock wrote:
Ditch the grinning buffoon Webb, who makes Ricky Gervais's Derek look like a feckin genius

lol!
Back to top Go down

Ken Bates Mural? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Mural?   Ken Bates Mural? EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:50 am

Greenjock wrote:

A copy of this should be on every seat at HP for the next home game
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Ken Bates Mural? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Mural?   Ken Bates Mural? EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 11:10 am

Or at least every seat in the directors box.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Ken Bates Mural? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Mural?   Ken Bates Mural? EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 11:14 am

If we go down I will hold Brent 100% responsible for not sacking Fletcher sooner.

I will also hold Newell and the rest of the cnuts responsbile who bleated out "THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ken Bates Mural? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Bates Mural?   Ken Bates Mural? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ken Bates Mural?
Page 1 of 1