Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....

Go down 
+10
Sandford_Grecian
Mock Cuncher
david_fisher
Dane
Dougie
PlymptonPilgrim
Elias
Tringreen
Greenskin
Freathy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 5:13 pm

So here we are rock bottom of the football league and the silence from home park is deafening.

No word from the banker or anyone else, is it a case of pulling up the ladder?

The football club that wouldn't die, yeah right! it has
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 5:14 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Dougie wrote:
He doesn't Pasoti he twatters.

He won't post on Pasoti because people are starting to ask him questions he doesn't want to answer.

And I am not talking about Greenman. Just simple football questions about our current plight - or "abuse" as Webb calls it if you don't agree with him.

Typical and familiar of the bloated ego of a self-important union bully.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 5:25 pm

Mike Searle wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Dougie wrote:

He won't post on Pasoti because people are starting to ask him questions he doesn't want to answer.

And I am not talking about Greenman. Just simple football questions about our current plight - or "abuse" as Webb calls it if you don't agree with him.

Talking of bloated and ego's, where is argyle's greatest ever fan?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 5:48 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Mike Searle wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Talking of bloated and ego's, where is argyle's greatest ever fan?

Spending the auction money on holiday according to his twitter lol!

Don't panic, it was a joke about the auction money Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:02 pm

He has gone to meet his mail order bride- to-be I think
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:11 pm

Just replace 'the biggest club in div 4' for BSP........we're Plymouth Argyle, we're....yawn!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 8:53 pm

An excellent discussion on new-pasoti. Lots of very good discussion and relevant, challenging points.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:29 pm

A decent thread, but I do think John Lloyd is misguided about the attendances thing next season. I think that next season will see a big depletion on crowds if we stay up or not. The Brent era honeymoon is over, that chat in pre-season about the playoffs was proven nonsense...once bitten, etc.

If we had gone down last year I wouldn't have blamed him (much), but to be in this position this year is utterly his fault. He is the one who has overseen an era of complacency and downright negligence off the field which has resulted in a god-awful, unmarketable product on it.

We're run by a banker, a supposedly successful millionaire who we are told oozes dignity and class...yet the club is staggering around like a heavily inebriated tramp fighting with the rats among the sewage. It isn't right.

Last edited by Mock Cuncher on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:31 pm

its all happening over there isnt it. apparently im one more message from being banned cheers just had another one deleted immediately tongue very touchy aint they
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:54 pm

I'd love to know what goes on in the mod room over there! It just seems so inconsistent!

I think the principle of John Llloyd's posts are fine but in practise I can't see the crowd holding up as much as he says. I agree with him that the optimism of bouncing right back will provide a boost early on but I think he's being too optimistic.

I think it's a pity that John Sheridan is getting some stick. It's far too early for that. He's had to come in and revolutionise our playing style as well as the team. I think Brent seems to have backed him but the mistakes were made at least 6 months ago and compounded all the way up until Fletcher's too ;ate eventual sacking. Too many learners! We will suffer from that. It isn't looking good!
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:10 pm

Jaytex2012 wrote:
Just replace 'the biggest club in div 4' for BSP........we're Plymouth Argyle, we're....yawn!

But you're not!! Still deluded I see, and depends who comes up this season, you may not even be the biggest in the BSP next season, should you go down!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:13 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
its all happening over there isnt it. apparently im one more message from being banned cheers just had another one deleted immediately tongue very touchy aint they
Did the threat to ban you tivvy, come from postcode/greenman by any chance?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 12:24 am

I may be a tad on the positive side of the street when it comes to guessing how attendances will hold up, if the worst happens, I'll grant you.

I think our fanbase has remained incredibly loyal, given the horrors they've been exposed to over the last five years.

What I'm wondering now, with a somewhat cynical head on, is whether that loyalty is being factored into the number-crunching that surely must be going on as losing our Football League status is becoming a realistic outcome.

If we can be relied upon to keep turning up, as we have, then perhaps the idea of spending more sums on the team to stay up will look like a poor choice to a businessman who has already spent more time, money and energy on Argyle than he expected to this year.

It's speculation, but we need to learn from our past mistakes and ensure we have a Plan B.

If we do go down, what figures will we be working from, to plot our return to League status?

Hopefully, they will be better sourced than the 8k figure we worked from this season.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 12:46 am

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:
Did the threat to ban you tivvy, come from postcode/greenman by any chance?
just says PASOTIMODS, whatever that means. hardly worth stressing about,any rightminded person knows its a closed shop there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 2:05 am

Everybody get ready for a round of "we're Plymouth Argyle we're trying our best" very soon.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:06 am

It's good to see at least some of the pasoti sheep are now beginning to realise what brent is really about. I just can't believe it's taken them that long to suss the scumbag banker out, despite that obvious fact we've been rooted to the bottom of L2 ever since he took over. Perhaps we're due another post from the supreme superfan and chauffeur about brent's quivering lip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:27 am

John_Lloyd wrote:
I may be a tad on the positive side of the street when it comes to guessing how attendances will hold up, if the worst happens, I'll grant you.

I think our fanbase has remained incredibly loyal, given the horrors they've been exposed to over the last five years.

What I'm wondering now, with a somewhat cynical head on, is whether that loyalty is being factored into the number-crunching that surely must be going on as losing our Football League status is becoming a realistic outcome.

If we can be relied upon to keep turning up, as we have, then perhaps the idea of spending more sums on the team to stay up will look like a poor choice to a businessman who has already spent more time, money and energy on Argyle than he expected to this year.

It's speculation, but we need to learn from our past mistakes and ensure we have a Plan B.

If we do go down, what figures will we be working from, to plot our return to League status?

Hopefully, they will be better sourced than the 8k figure we worked from this season.

Hasn't Brent said he hasn't forecasted a deficit for next season? Also I don't see Brent having spent more time than expected on the club as a postive, why hasn't he sorted out a chief executive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:39 am

I actually think (but don't tell Brent this) that attendances will be higher if we go down than if we scrape out of this. This will be mainly due to the perception that we will win more matches and the "newness" of being so shite we're playing Forest Green Rovers.

People are a bizarre lot, or at least Janners are.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:46 am

Pokesdown wrote:
I actually think (but don't tell Brent this) that attendances will be higher if we go down than if we scrape out of this. This will be mainly due to the perception that we will win more matches and the "newness" of being so shite we're playing Forest Green Rovers.

There will certainly be plenty of 'voluntary' positions available. Rolling Eyes The avivafests will be revamped and new buckets provided. The thought control and lack of transparency will continue, but hey, who cares....................weem plimuff argoile and weem village and proud. Aviva chose wisely, or rather, Naaaaaaarich had more class.

Last edited by Tringreen on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:50 am

Tringreen wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:

There will certainly be plenty of 'voluntary' positions available. Rolling Eyes The avivafests will be revamped and new buckets provided. The thought control and lack of transparency will continue, but hey, who cares....................weem plimuff argoile and weem village and proud.

Not to mention the now annual 'maintenance day'
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:55 am

Dane. wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:

There will certainly be plenty of 'voluntary' positions available. Rolling Eyes The avivafests will be revamped and new buckets provided. The thought control and lack of transparency will continue, but hey, who cares....................weem plimuff argoile and weem village and proud.

Not to mention the now annual 'maintenance day'

Free pasties n pints though Wink

When will this nightmare end ffs ! ?

It always was difficult being known to be an Argyle man in exile, now they look at us, laugh and shout, 'Greeeeeen Arrrrrmeee !'
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:59 am

Pokesdown wrote:

In normal circumstances I'd agree with you, if we hadn't recruited so many during the recent "glory years" and suffered a normal slow decline we'd be down to the 4K level (at best) by now and the stayaways would be anxious to get back and see a winning team (and I think a lot of us are yet to be persuaded that's an achievable task). In the current 7K a fair proportion may have been hanging on to that perception we'd be challenging after every relegation, I think non league footie will be the final straw for many. There's a lot more options for the use of your time at the weekend nowadays rather than chucking away £? on depressing dross.

I can see a mass exodus very soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:25 am

I think the novelty value will ensure reasonable attendances early on in the BSP but it won't sustain itself if we don't put ourselves in the promotion battle.

I am very impressed & surprised at how well the attendances are at the relatively high level they are considering the position we have been in all season.

Mr Brent said during the last campaign that, in the event of relegation, there was most definitely a Plan B in place. If it is as good as Plan A we're doomed!

I see on pasoti there are a number of posters openly questioning whether the intention all along was to asset-strip the club whilst at the same time investing the barest minimum into success. That has always been a possibility and one that increasingly appears to be a probability.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:36 am

knecht wrote:
I think the novelty value will ensure reasonable attendances early on in the BSP but it won't sustain itself if we don't put ourselves in the promotion battle.

I am very impressed & surprised at how well the attendances are at the relatively high level they are considering the position we have been in all season.

Mr Brent said during the last campaign that, in the event of relegation, there was most definitely a Plan B in place. If it is as good as Plan A we're doomed!

I see on pasoti there are a number of posters openly questioning whether the intention all along was to asset-strip the club whilst at the same time investing the barest minimum into success. That has always been a possibility and one that increasingly appears to be a probability.

He was advised, quite correctly imo, that the club is potentially big enough when on a rolll, to largely self finance up to the 2nd tier. The mistake he made was to not employ good football people in the management of the club, from top to bottom. He chose the cheap option and was probably persuaded that certain superfans could generate income and support in return for position and control.
The prolonged support for Fletcher and co. was an unbelievably bad call and I'm yet to be convinced through listening to the man, that Sheridan is much better.
It's all gone horribly wrong, as predicted.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:48 am

I think attendences will tail right off, £20 for watching non league, feck that for a game of soldiers. I watched the Gulls quite a bit the two seasons they were in the then conference - you lot think league 2 is shite, the BSP is dire, believe me. Half a dozen half decent teams at best the rest is dross.
If we go through the trapdoor, then the option of watching the Gulls, less than five miles away (if they also stay up, not looking good) or coming down and enjoying the delights of the Minerva and the Dolphin after watching the Albion becomes more attractive.
I can't believe I am having to type this, thanks Brent/Webb, guess this does'nt make me true fan. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....   Congratulations to Brent and the superfans.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Congratulations to Brent and the superfans....
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next