Freathy
Tringreen
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:25 pm

Anybody else making the trip?

I'll be there, going on the bleddy 40 mph travel coaches. I remember sixfields being a neat little ground from last season and a good following of 800ish made a fair bit of noise.

I got my tickets about an hour before we kicked off against Oxford, would I change my mind if I could? Nope. Away days are always great fun, less pressure, and everybody seems happy and excited rather than the graveyard that Home Park has become.

COYG
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:25 pm

Oh the joys of being young and foolish . I remember it well.

You'll grow out of it. Intelligent people always do.

Wish we'd got this guy. He'd be perfect for us.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ha ha ha .....Aidy Boothroyd do, do do do !

Last edited by Tringreen on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Hmmmm, let me think about it for a nanosecond scratch

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:31 pm

I'd rather nail my jacobs to the floor
Back to top Go down

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:34 pm

Freathy wrote:
I'd rather nail my jacobs to the floor

lol!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:44 pm

i am returning to the 'fold' on saturday.
looking forward to catching up with some people again.

Back to top Go down

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:51 pm

The only way i would even consider an away game these days is if it is relatively local to where i live... ie Exeter or if i am working away up the line , i work in Kent most of the time during the week and some weekends so i might consider Gillingham or Southend.
The idea of spending 5 plus hours each way on a bus cooped up with the likes of Zee Zan, Cobi, Greensam and no alcohol would drive me absolutely insane.
Back to top Go down

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:57 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
The only way i would even consider an away game these days is if it is relatively local to where i live... ie Exeter or if i am working away up the line , i work in Kent most of the time during the week and some weekends so i might consider Gillingham or Southend.
The idea of spending 5 plus hours each way on a bus cooped up with the likes of Zee Zan, Cobi, Greensam and no alcohol would drive me absolutely insane.

Not wrong.

Why would anyone want to go with the travel club is beyond me. Geddon the train Cobi. 6am out of Plymouth, a lovely couple of liveners on the way up followed by brekky in London and then some tins watching the likes of Hemel Hempstead speed by. The bonus is that the train runs through this shithole called Tring Very Happy

(edited to add that Tring is actually not a shithole although Berko absolutely is)

Reverse said journey with wine, women etc and you're home before 11pm.

If you were completely radical the day can be enhanced by drinking yourself stupid in Northampton Railway Station and not even going to the game at all.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:05 pm

maybe cobi hasnt the 'adult' connections for such a jaunt, once he discovers the joys of the freedom of the train he wont look back!
Back to top Go down

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:09 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Not wrong.

Why would anyone want to go with the travel club is beyond me. Geddon the train Cobi. 6am out of Plymouth, a lovely couple of liveners on the way up followed by brekky in London and then some tins watching the likes of Hemel Hempstead speed by. The bonus is that the train runs through this shithole called Tring Very Happy

(edited to add that Tring is actually not a shithole although Berko absolutely is)

If you were completely radical the day can be enhanced by drinking yourself stupid in Northampton Railway Station and not even going to the game at all.

Yeah but they sing the Janner song on the coach! That makes the 27 hour alcohol free journey well worth it.
Back to top Go down

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:14 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Not wrong.

Yeah but they sing the Janner song on the coach! That makes the 27 hour alcohol free journey well worth it.

I can assure you the only song that has ever been sung on a supporters coach was "there's only one james brent" on the way back from Bristol Rovers after it had been announced fletcher had been sacked
Back to top Go down

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:19 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Not wrong.

I can assure you the only song that has ever been sung on a supporters coach was "there's only one james brent" on the way back from Bristol Rovers after it had been announced fletcher had been sacked

Must have been a barrel of laughs

ho ho ho
Back to top Go down

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:29 pm

give them a break Punchy they were all too busy throwing their ticket stubs in the aisle if you know what I mean..... Wink

no old games on highlights this is pure Plymstock babes all the way.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:38 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Anybody else making the trip?

I'll be there, going on the bleddy 40 mph travel coaches. I remember sixfields being a neat little ground from last season and a good following of 800ish made a fair bit of noise.

I got my tickets about an hour before we kicked off against Oxford, would I change my mind if I could? Nope. Away days are always great fun, less pressure, and everybody seems happy and excited rather than the graveyard that Home Park has become.

COYG

I've been to six fields and its a miserable out of town soulless bowl with only a Frankies and bennies nearby. I have been to the 3 sided county ground and that was shit. At least you can avoid the shit awful town itself with the new ground though.

No I won't be going
Back to top Go down

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:43 am

Sixfields was built on a previous rubbish tip.

The best thing about it for away fans is that you are so close to the opposing keeper it's easy to intimidate him.
Back to top Go down

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 7:42 am

Pokesdown wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Not wrong.

If you think Berko is a shithole you must have led a sheltered life. lol!

Now Hemel on the other hand!!!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 8:00 am

knecht wrote:

The best thing about it for away fans is that you are so close to the opposing keeper it's easy to intimidate him.

Indeed. Had the most unfortunate experience of sitting behind a couple brainless dimwits at Sixfields a few years ago when we were top of the league and 'avin a laugh under Sturrock. The abuse they hurled at their keeper was as disgusting as it was banal. Several people asked the stewards to shut them up and received shrugs in response. A friend and myself moved away. I was too old for scrapping with morons even then.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 8:08 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Not wrong.

If you think Berko is a shithole you must have led a sheltered life. lol!

Now Hemel on the other hand!!!

I think 'hemel' means 'heaven' in Afrikaans. Probably an Afrikaan town planner, with a sense of humour, although the old town area does have some character. Berko, a bit posh but a few decent places to eat, drink and be merry.

Tring, more rural, sleepy but with punching above their weight sports clubs and as was once said to me by a cricketer in deepest Hertfordshire..........'Tring. Gateway to the West !'
Back to top Go down

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 9:28 am

Tringreen wrote:
knecht wrote:

Indeed. Had the most unfortunate experience of sitting behind a couple brainless dimwits at Sixfields a few years ago when we were top of the league and 'avin a laugh under Sturrock. The abuse they hurled at their keeper was as disgusting as it was banal. Several people asked the stewards to shut them up and received shrugs in response. A friend and myself moved away. I was too old for scrapping with morons even then.

I watched us play there once when Andy Woodman (???) - ex-Exeter keeper played for them. The intimidation wasn't at all disgusting but it clearly got to him.

Noddy was on excellent form that day.

Sixfields is a soul-less concrete monstrosity in a wasteland. I used to live about 30 miles away & went there on odd occasions but usually chose to drive almost 20 miles further on to Watch Rushden & Diamonds - a much better experience!
Back to top Go down

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 9:53 am

I used to enjoy away matches far more than the home matches, these days it's an effort just to listen in on the radio.

I hope the club does get a little success for the younger ones to experience because when (and I know it's not often!) the club does get a taste of success there's nothing better than supporting Argyle at an away match.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:02 am

GOB wrote:
I used to enjoy away matches far more than the home matches, these days it's an effort just to listen in on the radio.

I hope the club does get a little success for the younger ones to experience because when (and I know it's not often!) the club does get a taste of success there's nothing better than supporting Argyle at an away match.

Ha ha ! Watford away Boxing Day circa '97. Winning 2 - 1 and in control. Jingle bell's........... oh what fun it is to see Argyle win away !

I couldn't look.................knew what was coming next..................... 2 - 2.

It's never been easy following Argyle, except when Mariner & Rafferty were up front. Laughing
Back to top Go down

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:10 am

The last time I went to Watford was when Fred Binney was playing!

Never go to Cardiff when there's only half a coach full! - Happy days!
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:02 pm

Sorry no, I'll be washing my hair Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:06 pm

was going to go but the wifey has other plans involving the kids and friends, so no getting out of it for me drunken
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:44 am

Blimey,it is pricey to travel up to Northampton by train...You are probably looking at £200 for the pleasure of a day out watching Argyle...

Also,Northampton fans have some good words for Argyle here..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Northampton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton?   Northampton? Empty

Back to top Go down

Northampton?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next