Tringreen
Lord Tisdale
Dougie
akagreengull
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 9:46 pm

Wimbledon 1 Cobblers 1....still playing
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 9:46 pm

Geddon Akinfenwa
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 9:47 pm

Found our 'true" position (unless Northampton get something more)
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 9:48 pm

And Northampton have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: SEEN THE LEAGUE TABLE JIMMY?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:00 pm

Brent and his talentless board don't have a clue, all we have got to do is finish above two really shit teams, and that looks beyond brent jones and the rest of the nomarks that are killing this club. SOMEBODY SAVE US FOR FVCKS SAKE!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:06 pm

Dons 1 Cobblers 1

Ft

p gd pts
20 Aldershot Town 33 -15 34
21 Barnet 32 -13 33
22 Plymouth Argyle 32 -10 32
23 Accrington S 32 -20 32
24 - Wimbledon 32 -22 32
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:11 pm

Never mind SS68, the tent dwellers, bucket rattlers and self promoters will have the club they deserve when they visit Braintree, Ebbsfleet and Dover.
They can grin inanely into a GOS camera evey week for all i care cos if we become a blue square side i am done with PAFC permanently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:14 pm

Just think that if Argyle survive this season we can go through all this again next season, Oh deep joy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:16 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Never mind SS68, the tent dwellers, bucket rattlers and self promoters will have the club they deserve when they visit Braintree, Ebbsfleet and Dover.
They can grin inanely into a GOS camera evey week for all i care cos if we become a blue square side i am done with PAFC permanently.
Me to bud, nool and the rest of the gimps can have their prize, if we go down its all over for me after forty five years, speccy could build his hotel on the pitch who will give a fvck!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:19 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Dons 1 Cobblers 1

Ft

p gd pts
20 Aldershot Town 33 -15 34
21 Barnet 32 -13 33
22 Plymouth Argyle 32 -10 32
23 Accrington S 32 -20 32
24 - Wimbledon 32 -22 32
Look how far we've come since brent saved us jocolor
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:24 pm

Not so bad as it might have been for you boys, disappointing for us and maybe a portent of still worse to come for the not so noisy neighbours.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:56 pm

Just had a peep at the table through my fingers, TBF I find it best to ignore it all these days, it's easier to live with, and I see our record of 7 wins in 32 is bettered by every team in the division. Can somebody remind me how we're going to improve that ratio in the last 14?

On the plus side our GD is worth a point....at the moment. We also have some lovely murals.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:43 am

just imagine where we would be (on the pitch) without the talented individual

just imagine where we would be without Brent !

we could be REALLY sturggling without them.............er.........hang on Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:20 am

The goal difference is worth a point at the moment. This is Hairy J, clutching at straws.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:27 am

hairy j wrote:
The goal difference is worth a point at the moment. This is Hairy J, clutching at straws.

Sadly I think we will be relying on goal difference unless things improve drastically in the coming weeks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:32 am

What makes me laugh is people saying we are not as bad as Accrington and Aldershot when both these 2 (and every other club in L2 for that matter) have won more games then us.
The writing is well and truly on the wall for all to see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:01 am

punchdrunk wrote:
What makes me laugh is people saying we are not as bad as Accrington and Aldershot when both these 2 (and every other club in L2 for that matter) have won more games then us.

Agree on this point. The amount of home or away fans or any recent history does not translate into points at the end of the season, only wins and draws do.

The only positives for me at the moment are:

1. John Sheridan's points tally, if not his performances, have been better than Fletcher's and therefore we should see some movement
2. Goal difference is at the moment worth an extra point

The games against Wombles and Barnet are huge particularly as they come between games against Northampton and Gills away where we would be lucky to escape with a point and no hammering to our goal difference.

Will be at the Wombles. The turning point last season and let's hope that history repeats itself. For some reason I was confident that we wouldn't go down last season...this season I just don't have the same confidence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:29 am

punchdrunk wrote:

You used the word "we" there. Your mask slipped a bit.

I'll still support the team in non-league, I won't want to but it's happened to bigger clubs than us. Once a team hits serious financial trouble, there never seems to be a way back in the relatively short term and the sides hit the hardest fall pretty hard.

Portsmouth are 10 points away from safety in League 1, Luton are still in non-league. Both of them have played top flight football. It's just reality - most of reality is fairly predictable and generaly disappointing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:41 am

hairy j wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

You used the word "we" there. Your mask slipped a bit.

I'll still support the team in non-league, I won't want to but it's happened to bigger clubs than us. Once a team hits serious financial trouble, there never seems to be a way back in the relatively short term and the sides hit the hardest fall pretty hard.

Portsmouth are 10 points away from safety in League 1, Luton are still in non-league. Both of them have played top flight football. It's just reality - most of reality is fairly predictable and generaly disappointing.

So what is Port Vale's secret then ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:51 am

Port Vale were never anywhere near the debt levels of Luton, Portsmouth or us.

I don't want us to fall out of the league but if it happens, it happens.

In hindsight, I would have rather the club was liquidated and finished. We could have started again. Everyone of us could have been a super-fan then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:58 am

Southend are the next club being threatened with a big bill from HMRC. Something like the fifth time in the last 4 years.

Maybe if they go out of business that would help save us.... not that I'd wish that on anyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:10 am

I have said before HRMC will not be happy until they manage to get a club into liquidation.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 11:03 am

good, i hope the HMRC get A scalp.

I pay tax on time, so should everyone else.

3 strikes & you're out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:37 am

Pokesdown wrote:
The bookies have it too close to call but you can still nearly get 2/1 about Argyle being relegated.

Odds

At the prices Torquay at 25/1 look over priced. I don't think they'll go down but 25/1 is far too high.

Argyle are now odds on to be relegated and are the bookies favourites.

Annoyed I didn't back my feelings that 25/1 for Torquay was simply too big a price, they are now 10/1. Could have backed and layed on Betfair all in a week.

Argyle - 10/11
Accrington - 6/5
Wimbledon - 2/1
Barnet - 11/4
Aldershot - 9/2
York - 9/1
Torquay - 10/1
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 8:01 am

Pokesdown wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:
The bookies have it too close to call but you can still nearly get 2/1 about Argyle being relegated.

Odds

At the prices Torquay at 25/1 look over priced. I don't think they'll go down but 25/1 is far too high.

Argyle are now odds on to be relegated and are the bookies favourites.

Annoyed I didn't back my feelings that 25/1 for Torquay was simply too big a price, they are now 10/1. Could have backed and layed on Betfair all in a week.

Argyle - 10/11
Accrington - 6/5
Wimbledon - 2/1
Barnet - 11/4
Aldershot - 9/2
York - 9/1
Torquay - 10/1

Good job Webby didn't give odds on his £200 says we won't go down boast. He never did get back to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the bottom two again tonight?   In the bottom two again tonight? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

In the bottom two again tonight?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next