Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Now call me old fashioned if you like.....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Now call me old fashioned if you like..... Empty
PostSubject: Now call me old fashioned if you like.....   Now call me old fashioned if you like..... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 1:33 pm

...for talking about footy on here, but that Bale can hit a free kick.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Now call me old fashioned if you like.....   Now call me old fashioned if you like..... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 2:06 pm

You are old fashioned LT Very Happy ........

and you are right about Bale. I think both of us would give our back teeth to have someone with half the talent he has, in our teams!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Now call me old fashioned if you like.....   Now call me old fashioned if you like..... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 2:57 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

I certainly am and I don't think just thee and we would like a bit of the monkey boy action, the Prem has Bale, RVP and Swarthyez who stand out as major league game changers imho, Bale stands out even in that company, he must be getting close to getting amongst the likes of Ronnie and the bandy dwarf.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now call me old fashioned if you like.....   Now call me old fashioned if you like..... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 3:17 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

I certainly am and I don't think just thee and we would like a bit of the monkey boy action, the Prem has Bale, RVP and Swarthyez who stand out as major league game changers imho, Bale stands out even in that company, he must be getting close to getting amongst the likes of Ronnie and the bandy dwarf.

He's very, very good but still just a notch below Ronaldo and Messi who are two of the best, if not the two best players of the last 20-25 year's.

Maradona was out on his own before that, and any further back for me and I'm relying on others opinions. George Best, cruyff, Pele are probably the ones that immediately spring to mind and I only ever see clips of them.

Bales freekicks are wicked, like Ronaldo's. From 40 yards they can both consistently make the ball wobble around like crazy.

Bale on the charge is a sight to behold, as is Ronaldo, but I would take Messi over both of them for his all round genius.

Bale must curse the fact he's Welsh, just like Giggs, and like Best must have cursed that he was Irish, when it came to representing their countries.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Now call me old fashioned if you like.....   Now call me old fashioned if you like..... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 4:01 pm

Remember Gosling megging Bale a treat when we played Soton at Home Park...
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Now call me old fashioned if you like.....   Now call me old fashioned if you like..... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 6:28 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Bale must curse the fact he's Welsh, just like Giggs, and like Best must have cursed that he was Irish, when it came to representing their countries.

I guess they just looked on the bright side, at least they weren't Scottish.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Now call me old fashioned if you like.....   Now call me old fashioned if you like..... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 6:32 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Remember Gosling megging Bale a treat when we played Soton at Home Park...

You don't have to remember Scott Hiley nutmegging Ronaldo cos it is on youtube, that is the real story, neither Bale nor Messi could stop a pig in a run.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Now call me old fashioned if you like.....   Now call me old fashioned if you like..... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 6:57 pm

Scott Hiley probably looked fat, dim and slow throughout the rest of the game, though, whereas Gosling genuinely looked the better prospect on the back of that one afternoon (although I remember Bale hit a sweet freekick which Larryo just about saved towards the end). In front of 16k at Home Park where Southampton were otherwise lucky to get a point..

I want to cry now.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now call me old fashioned if you like.....   Now call me old fashioned if you like..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Now call me old fashioned if you like.....
Page 1 of 1